My Motivation & General Ramblings

This was tonights SW friendly dinner, speedy sweet and sour chicken and SW fried rice

image-200758439.jpg

Today's food

Breakfast - bacon and boiled egg sandwich

Lunch - noodles with chicken and chili

Dinner - see previous post

Snacks - yoghurt

Syns - crisps 7

Food today

Turkey rasher and boiled egg sandwich

Apple

Jacket potato with cheese and onion and baked beans

Pear

Syns - crisps 7

Add a banana to that

I asked my OH to set me a challenge with exercise. He's decided I have to do 10,000 steps a day or 8,000 plus 20 mins strenuous exercise. I said he's evil but then I did ask for it. :)

Had pastrami, onion, tomato and cheese sandwich. Crisps 3.5 syns

Apple

Dinner is going to be fakeaway turkey donner, SW chips and a big salad

Will post a pic of dinner later

Food

Breakfast - bacon, turkey rasher, eggy bread (ww bread) and tomatoes

Lunch - turkey, onion and red pepper sandwich (ww bread hexB)
Crisps 6.5 syns

Apple

Dinner is smash pasty with beans and SW chips

Will have fruit to follow

Mmmmmm yummy! Smash pasties were gorgeous. I also made a chocolate and peanut butter tart (found here on the wonderful minimins). Also lush!

Hi Jackie

It's really lovely of you to stop by! I've been reading your diary and know that you're going through a rough time, so I really appreciate your thoughtfulness! Don't ever doubt yourself because from what I see of you you are a wonderful caring person who looks after everyone. Don't forget to look after yourself sometimes.

Anyway, nan is still in hospital and it's all still in limbo, no-one is really sure what's going on. I'd rather know one way or the other, I know this sounds horrible. I really just don't want her to suffer any more, she's been in constant pain for about 5 years, no pain medication is working for her. I want my mum to have a life, she has been my nan's primary care giver for over 8 years, I don't know how she does it. My mum is only in her early 60's and I don't want her to give up on life, to me she's still young with so much she wants to do. We lost dad 12 years ago and since then she's just buried her head and looked after Nan and her husband (who passed 8 years ago). I want her to be happy. She's got us 3 kids (well we're her babies) not that any of us are kids by a long stretch! :) we support her in any way we can. Sorry started to ramble, not sure where I was going with this.

Not tried the pitta pasty, I'm not that keen on pasty type things but OH has been banging on about the smash ones since I told him. Plus my mum has ibs and as I'm cooking all week I'm trying basic stuff, not too many spices or tomatoes for MooMa ( that's what I call my mum), she doesn't need dodgy belly as well as all the stress!

I'm sorry for rambling at you Jackie I know you've got enough going on. Thanks for listening.

Oh by the way my name is Sarah but you can call me pix if you like (it is my nickname, has been for years)

Xxxxx

Hi Jackie

It's really lovely of you to stop by! I've been reading your diary and know that you're going through a rough time, so I really appreciate your thoughtfulness! Don't ever doubt yourself because from what I see of you you are a wonderful caring person who looks after everyone. Don't forget to look after yourself sometimes.

do excuse me typing within your text but its the only way I remember all the bits I wanted to say :eek: must be an age thing :8855:

thanks for your kind words, you will and possibly have already noticed I'm okay encouraging and looking after others but not so good at looking out for number one. Its just me nature :rolleyes: another thing I'm working on ie getting a little me time. I guess I am lucky as once they all go back to work and school next week :wee: :wee: whoops, that was a little energetic for first thing ;) i get the house to myself all day :bliss:

Anyway, nan is still in hospital and it's all still in limbo, no-one is really sure what's going on. I'd rather know one way or the other, I know this sounds horrible. I really just don't want her to suffer any more, she's been in constant pain for about 5 years, no pain medication is working for her.

I can relate to this. Its awful watching them suffer. My Nanna was the same :( and gary's Dad is the same now :( awful to watch and be in limbo for so long :bighug:

I want my mum to have a life, she has been my nan's primary care giver for over 8 years, I don't know how she does it. My mum is only in her early 60's and I don't want her to give up on life, to me she's still young with so much she wants to do. We lost dad 12 years ago and since then she's just buried her head and looked after Nan and her husband (who passed 8 years ago).

your Mum sounds lovely bless her :bighug: it was probably her way of coping sweetie. Sort of thing I would do, and guess to a point I did do, so can so relate to it. It was far far easier to busy myself running around after everyone than grieve for my Dad, as that hurt, and the busyness took some of the hurt away

I want her to be happy. She's got us 3 kids (well we're her babies) not that any of us are kids by a long stretch! :) we support her in any way we can. Sorry started to ramble, not sure where I was going with this.

all you can do sweetie, and the time will come when she needs you all to rally round and pick her up again if something happens to Nan :bighug:

Not tried the pitta pasty, I'm not that keen on pasty type things but OH has been banging on about the smash ones since I told him. Plus my mum has ibs and as I'm cooking all week I'm trying basic stuff, not too many spices or tomatoes for MooMa ( that's what I call my mum), she doesn't need dodgy belly as well as all the stress!

not tried the smash ones.. ever since I made a mistake and ate a whole smash pizza on a red day i've avoided the stuff :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for rambling at you Jackie I know you've got enough going on. Thanks for listening.

Oh by the way my name is Sarah but you can call me pix if you like (it is my nickname, has been for years)

Xxxxx

I like pix :D but then I love pixies, fairies and angels :D

right well done for sticking to plan with all thats going on, I'm so proud of you, :D see we can do this :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Food today

Breakfast - egg and sandwich

An apple

Lunch - left over smash pasty, ww crisps (3.5)

Dinner - chicken cake (very yummy, leftovers for lunch tomorrow) roast potatoes and a large salad (0.5)

Peanut butter and chocolate tart with a little squirty cream (3.5)

Going to have some strawberries later, also maybe some more ww crisps so that would total 11 syns for the day.

Food today was good although had my normal naughty Saturday night dinner (synned of course or at least within my limit). Just got in from a friends party, no alcohol, I drove, and my lovely friends always do loads of yummy food. She was really kind and did a platter of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and raw peppers so that if I wanted to stay on plan I had options. I can honestly say I stuck to plan - I had all of the above and no naughty things, although they looked lovely too!

Am strangely looking forward to WI Monday - hoping for a good loss after my 3lb gain last week. But hey ho it was my first gain since I started in April so can't complain really and that sticky toffee pudding was worth it! :p I've stuck to plan 100% this week so am hoping to be rewarded.

I've also exceeded my OH target of 10,000 steps a day with the worst day over 13,000. Surely that must help?

S x

Congrats!!!! That's amazing!! I'm gonna read yr last weeks food cos I could do with a 5pounder!!! :) xx

Thank-you Cai but I had a hefty gain the week before so maybe some of it was water?! Still I'll take it! Lol! :)

Onto this weeks food

Breakfast - blueberries, strawberries and raspberries with fat free vanilla yoghurt

Lunch - roast pork and onion sandwich with a little squirt of BBQ sauce and ww crisps. Not sure of syns in BBQ sauce so going to count 1.5 I only had a little.

An apple

Dinner - quiche (bacon,onion,orange pepper,mushrooms,cheese) with SW chips and beans.

Syn free roulade with berries for dessert

Not much food today not that hungry but must try to eat more, eating less just results in a gain or migraine neither of which I want! Anywho ...............

Brunch - left over quiche with ww crisps (3.5)

Snack - toast with a scrape of low fat spread (2.0) ww crisps (4.0)

Dinner - jacket potato with salad. In spud will be bacon onion and cheese.

Going to have some fruit after darts tonight.

Back