My Motivation & General Ramblings

Punk_Pixie said:
Nan passed away at about 1 this afternoon. At least she's not in pain any more and at peace.

RIP Nan x

So sorry to hear that! Like u said at least she's not in pain! X

Punk_Pixie said:
Nan passed away at about 1 this afternoon. At least she's not in pain any more and at peace.

RIP Nan x

So sorry to hear. But luke u said at least she's no longer in pain x

Thank-you ladies!

Jackie - she's got plenty of company up there. She's got my other nan, my dad, granddads and my best friend. Before she got dementia she was the life and soul so I know that she'd be happy and pain free!

Anyways, no matter what has happened this week I've stuck to plan 100%. Still keeping up with my boyfriends challenge of 10,000+ steps a day and my Zumba instructor is back from holiday! Yey! So I can go back to Zumba on Monday!

Ooh I made SW toad in the hole last night with syn free onion gravy, mash and lots of veggies, was very yummy :)

Eventhough the week has been busy with funeral preparations for nan I've managed to be 100%. Not quite sure how but i have, let's hope it shows on the scales in the morning. Fingers crossed! We finally lay her to rest on Wednesday. R.I.P Nan. X

Hi. Hope you dont mind, i've just read through your diary looking for motivation for my restart. Boy did i find it!!Sorry to hear about your nan. My mum's got dementia. It' so cruel. Feel like i lost her a long while ago.
Well done on your amazing loss and your positivity. Was exactly what i was looking to for. Well done you x

Hi samsmum

You're very welcome to pop in any time you like. I know what it's like with dementia my nan had it for about 8 years, it's a terrible illness that steals them away before they're actually gone! Wow, thank-you so much for your kind words, don't think I've ever been an inspiration to anyone!

One thing I've found useful is starting this diary to keep me on track. If you decide to start one let me know and I'll pop over to visit!

Good luck with your journey!

Pix :)

I've decided that I need to start writing down my food again, last time it really helped.

Today's food

Breakfast - 2 slices ww bread with baked beans, onions and chili

Lunch - speed soup with 1 slice ww bread

Dinner - roast chicken, SW chips and a large salad

Snacks - 2 x ww crisps (8)
Options coconut hot chocolate (2)

So 10 syns today, it's a bit high for me but was having a very hungry day and I've learned that it's not how much you eat but what you eat that counts!

I'm actually feeling really good today, I can't believe that in 6 months I've lost 3 stone 2 pounds. I'm actually pretty proud of myself, I never say that. Thinking about it I never compliment myself, even though I'm surrounded by people that compliment me on a daily if not weekly basis. My OH tells me everyday I'm beautiful and that he loves me and yet I still can't believe him after 8 years. I think I've just been so down on myself my whole life that I don't know any different, something else I want to change. Why can't I say thank-you when someone says something nice about me? Instead I say still got loads to go or do you need glasses or my favourite line are you sure you shouldn't be in a mental hospital? Maybe my brain is just wired strangely. No scrap that I know it is! Lol :p

Anywho, not quite sure where that came from but feeling better knowing I accept it and will try to move on.

Pix :D

Meant to mention that Zumba is back on and I'm so glad it is! I really missed it. Who would have thought that I (me) actually enjoy exercising!?! I love my Zumba class full of lovely ladies who support each other, spur each other on - it's great!

:D

Well had a really good day food wise

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - triple decker sandwich using ww bread. It had in it turkey, onion, cheese, tomato and bacon. Also had a bag of crisps at 4 syns

Dinner - jacket potato with remaining cheese and a little butter and mayo, felt very naughty! Lol :p

At darts I took an apple to nom on whilst everyone else had cheese and biscuits. Sandwiches with butter and full fat mayo.

Tomorrow is nans funeral (Wednesday) so food will be what it will be, not bothered about staying on plan for that day.

Right let's try this again! Bloomin' Internet!

Gotta be honest food wasn't great today. First of all I wasn't hungry and then when I was I just ate crap! We got a caterer in for Nans funeral none of which was SW friendly but I had to eat something, no excuses.

Still I can honestly say that Nan went out in style. A big white carriage with 2 white horses to pull it, followed by 2 limousines. She certainly got the attention she would have loved on the 1/2 hour journey from the church to the cemetery. People at the side of the road stopped to look and bow their heads, was really nice to see that level of respect for the dead. I hope she was looking down chuckling away in her distinctive style.

Anyway, back on plan 100% from the morning.

Food today

Breakfast. Egg, bacon and 1 slice ww bread

Lunch. Pastrami, cheese and onion sandwich. Bag of ww puffs 4 syns. An apple

Snack. Speed soup

Dinner - slow roasted pork and loads of veggies

Thanks Jackie!

Well this week was a STS for me. A little annoyed as was pretty good apart from Nans funeral day. This week got 2 meals out. Fingers crossed it goes down next WI.

Still being good and 100% on plan. I can feel my brain starting to play tricks on me! I keep getting told "wow you are looking amazing!" "you're doing so well" and one my mate said to me earlier "you've always been lovely but now you're even lovelier". And yet my brain is telling me you're still a massive fatty and you should just give up! Why do I always do this!? I am feeling the self sabotage creeping over me like a dense fog, I just wish it would bugger off and leave me alone! I want to do this for me and no-one else, I deserve this! The other thing that bothers me at times like this is when my brain starts arguing with itself I feel like I'm going back down the dark path of depression again. I don't want to go back to 2 years ago when I felt mental. In fact pretty sure I did lose my mind for a bit.

Rant over.

Hey Pix how are you today huni? :bighug: i think we all struggle sometimes to accept we've lost the weight etc. I sometimes feel like I'm just as big as I was yet I know I'm not...

At times like this I do find bach flower remedies good. I buy the ones you can have mixed to suit from crystal herbs online. you can choose up to 8 about how you feel at the time. They work everytime for me. In fact once we have had the funeral next week I shall order some more as they are fab.

I do hope you are oky sweetheart :bighug: xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jackie

Thanks for that. I know we all go through bad patches but I just felt rubbish. I will definitely look into the herbal remedies they sound fab!

Feeling a bit better today, just going to take one day at a time.

Although I am going, for the first time in 8 years, to my OH Christmas do tomorrow night which is scaring the living daylights out of me. I've got to get myself to London. Eek! I know that I can't let him down so I'll go. I know he would understand but I have to do this, otherwise I'm a bit scared i'll never get back to how I once was.

Thanks again sweetie! Look after yourself.

Pix

Back