My move to Weight Watchers

Just got back from weigh in and after 3 weeks holiday I still lost 1lb! So proud of myself and happy!

Not updated for a few weeks. It's still going well, I had a week where I stayed the same but I was happy with that as I'd been away at a wedding - 2 nights in a hotel and lots of indulgence + not enough exercise!

I got straight back on track and lost 1lb last week and 1.5lb this week. I'm really excited that my BMI is now in the 25 bracket - only 4.5lb to go until I'm officially 'healthy'. That will be an amazing feeling, it's been over 14 years since I've been able to say that :D

Wow Jo, you look fantastic. You have every reason to feel proud of yourself not only because of the weight loss but also because you have gained control of your life & are able to maintain a much healthier life style. Congratulations on your achievements, you certainly have inspired me to get back on the wagon & stick with it x

well done on your weight loss journey i am so glad your back to eating real food and still managing to loss weight that is a very good sign that you have or are learning to eat right and make the right decisions, i hope i can say the same in 13wks fingers crossed :)

HI JoJO76, just logged on after many weeks of not dieting. I managed to get to my goal with Exante but have put a stone and a half on again!!! Just on Exante for 3 weeks to use up my supply and to kick start (already lost 6lbs in 5 day on Exante) so hopefully I will only have about a stone to go. I see your sucess with WW, I can't get on with it, not sure what it is but I never seem to loose. Must be portion size for me. I am thinking about doing Rosemary Conley but the site is really quite on here so not sure how sucessful it is.

Any advice regarding WW to get the sucess you are having, or has anyone done Rosemary Conley now sure if it's worth a go.

Anyway well done Jo with your consistant loss, you are an inspiration. All my clothes are way to tight as I throw the others away so I have to do something!!

HMurphy, it's good to see you on here again, but sorry to hear you are struggling. I honestly find WW really easy and feel like I am able to still be 'normal' at weekends. I have mentioned before that I do the old Discovery Points, not Pro points.

The amount of points I have now has reduced since I have lost weight but I stick to it 100% Sunday-Thursday. Friday I am happy to go a few points over and I still have Saturday night off. But, I do a lot of exercise. I swim for 30 mins on weekdays before work and then do a few gym sessions too. I really enjoy my morning swims and feel so much more alert and alive for the rest of the day. I joined a nice gym near my office and love having a sauna once I am done. It really sets me up for the day.

Also, a few weeks ago I did a swimming challenge for charity. I swam a marathon in 18 days! 26.2 miles!! I set up a Justgiving page before my holiday and people sponsored me and it was my way of forcing myself back into exercise after holiday. It worked (well, it didnt feel forced, I enjoyed getting back to it) and I also raised nearly £350.

So yeah, all the exercise I do earns me bonus points that pays for my weekends.

I think you just need to find the diet plan that suits you and your body best, and one where you don't feel restricted. Also, whatever you do plan, plan and PLAN! I still know all my meals throughout the week, make a shopping list for it and stick to it. It helps save money when shopping too.

I weighed in tonight and not quite sure how as I've not really done anything different but I lost 4lb. I'm only 0.5lb from a healthy BMI:D

That's awesome! I was thinking of doing that too - only I would need to walk about 3 miles first, and then walk to the nearest bus stop to get to uni...so it might be a little less feasible. Plus it's money to go swimming too :(

Not updated for a few weeks, I had a small gain last week - 2.5lb after a weekend away. But boy did I enjoy gaining that 2.5lb :D

On the plus side, I got straight back to normal and it came right back off! I just got back from WW and lost 3lb this week. This is a bit of a milestone for me as I am now officially healthy - BMI 25 - YAY!!! I'm not obese, I'm not overweight, I'm HEALTHY!

I lost another 3lb this week, which was a bit of a shock as I was at a party at the weekend with a buffet from hell (calories wise) but full of all my favorite things. I must have eaten my own body weight in pork pie! To be fair though I did a lot of gym to make up for it and am so excited that I have less than 1/2 stone to go!

I am going to get there, but I am happy with my weight as it is now. I'll see how I look at my goal weight and make a decision then. I'm size 12 bottoms, with the odd size 10 depending on the shop and a 10/12 up top too. Everyone says I look smaller than a 10/12 so I think I must carry weight well. One thing is certain, whatever I decide to stick at maintaining, I vow never to be more than 11st again!

Sparkle1978 said:
Wow, you have done so well with your weight loss. You are an inspiration :) Congratulations :)
I'm just starting exante today and just wondered if you exercised while doing the diet? I'm thinking of doing 20 mins cross trainer a day but I don't want to slow my losses. I'm only initially planning on doing exante for 4 weeks. Any advice would be brilliant.
I'm hoping to follow weight watchers when I get near to goal too :) xx

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I was swimming from the start - gradually increased it. I think it helps, boosts your metabolism, makes you feel good and gets you used to the idea of exercise being a normal part of life. Start slowly, build it up gradually and stop or reduce if you don't feel right. And drink extra water - that's essential.

GSQ

What a fabulous journey to read. Such a great inspiration well done xx

This is my first post and just wanted to say this story is very inspirational and I am going to use Exante to boost my weight loss before switching to WW. Your holiday pics are fab. Roll on my holiday in August.

What a great journey and inspiration for those of us at the begining of our journey. you look like a completely different person in your photos, and the fact that you carrid on losing weight with WW is great as that is a big worry of mine as to what happens when I stop Exante. Was planning 3 months initially then WW or Slimming world and seeing your story shows it can be done x

Back