My name is kate...and i'm addicted to omelettes!!

kt_baybeh

Gym Addict!!!
HELP ME!!!

photo-5.jpg

I finally mastered to perfect omelette!!!
I am absolutely in love with them!!!
I have had two omelettes already this week!
Been making them with all sorts...gammon, bacon, quorn chicken, baked beans! You name it!!!

Today I have had porridge for brekkie, roast dinner for lunch!
I really want an omelette for my tea...honestly though is that being a little piggy??

3 eggs, cheese, and bacon??

I don't want to be eating too much!!

Kate x

look lovely:D

Omelettes are fine! Good for a protein boost and filling too, I frequently have them! Yesterday I had a red pepper, spinach and feta one - yummy!

Hmm, if you thing a 3 egg onlette is too much try cutting it down to 2 eggs, or 2 full eggs + 1 egg white (most of calories in an egg are in the yolk so you get the filling bulk of 3 eggs but slightly reduce the calories)

ps I am also addicted to omlettes. My fave: bacon, mushroom and cheese. Nom :p

You are not being piggy! It's an omlette! 3 meals a day is not piggy, nor is having an omlette everyday of the week if you want. If you are hungry- have it! :)

No you're not being a piggy :) I love eggs too! I eat loads of them and it hasn't done me any harm.... cluck cluck!!

Mine never look that nice - what's your secret???

I love omlettes too and don't think having one for your tea after porridge and a roast dinner would make you a piggy at all!

I love a smoked salmon omlette for breakfast, especially on red days but I do tend to only make 2 egg omlettes as I have a special omlette pan and 3 eggs don't fit very well.

Nope not a piggy - go for it! Enjoy it :)

Mine never look that nice - what's your secret???

Ok so the one in the pic is quorn chicken, beans and cheese and 3 eggs.

I cook quorn in microwave, add it to the egg mixture with the grated cheese and 2 tbsps of baked beans!!

Frylight a frying pan...pour mixture in!!!
Move it around continuously for around 2 mins until it isnt runny...leave for couple of mins then wack it under the grill for 3/4 mins until thetop is browned off!

You know if its done because the underneath of it should be brown!!

Cool, will give it a go! Think my prob is I've never put it under the grill so by time the top is done, the bottom us over done!

Your omlette looks yummy - and the title of your post made me smile as it reminded me of Stacey's mum in Gavin and Stacey!
I think I am addicted to cottage cheese quiche for lunch if its any consolation!

Looks lush!

I too love omlettes!! They are sooooo versatile!! My fave is a simple mushroom one - mmmmmm!!! Me and hubs have omlettes at least once a week with some beans as they are so cheap as well.

I love omelettes as well, have just moved house, and have a new frying pan, so yesterday I was well excited to try out an omelette in it. Think mine is more like a fritatta tho, cos I don't bother with moving it all about once it's in the pan. I just cook off the filling (bacon and tomato in this case) whisk up the eggs and pour them over the top, then leave it til it sets a bit on the underside, chuck a bit of cheese on the top and stick in under the grill for a few mins. It was yummy, best omelette I've had in ages due to crappy non-non-stick pans!!!

Back