My names tanzybear and im a struggler!

Tanzybear

Hi! I'm gonna give this to u in a nutshell, so I don't babble on!

I'm 25, 5ft 3 and 20st.

My hubby thinks its embarrassing having a fat wife, he wants me to lose weight.

I dot want my kids to follow my bad eatin habits... Which my daughter already sort of does. :(

I want to lose weight for various reasons but I can't find the will power because...

I CAN'T SAY NO TO FOOD!!! :(.

I want good health, I want to be fit, I want to be able to buy clothes in ANY shop, I want to feel better about myself, I want to fit comfortably in a plane seat, I want my hubby to fancy me and be proud of me... But I just can't get my big butt into gear!!

Help?! :(

First of all well done for wanting to lose the weight. Have a nosey around the threads as theres lots of support here. We weigh in weekly and post regular on our thread "new start...." so feel free to join us if you want. Only you can make it happen. The second issue is your husband - I am sorry but he does not sound like a nice person if he is embarassed of you - if he feels you need to lose weight for your health etc then he should be supportive and from what you have written it sounds like he puts you down by saying he's embarassed. I think you should talk to him and tell him how you feel and find ways in which he can be supportive and not in a way that puts you down. Ive had a couple weeks blip where Ive been eating everything under the sun so hoping to restart from tomorrow in terms of writing down exactly what passes my lips and calorie counting...maybe you could start with something similar too as it helps some peope to see it written down. Hugs xoxo

I've not heard of slim pods. I shall do a bit of googling :D

My husband has suggested that every night for dinner, we hve our meal in one f our kids bowls.... Or that we eat a salad every night. Would either of these be a good idea do u think?

This is a good idea. Cutting down the size of your evening meal which is often the largest meal of the day, will not only reduce your calorie intake but is better for your body too. We cannot digest food very well when we are sleeping so if we eat very large meals before bed we often dont get the full nutritional value of it and most of it will turn into fat bacause you wont have time to burn it off before sleep. It is a good idea to revese the size of you meals. So large breakfast to get your motabolism going medium lunch and small dinner. Another good idea is to eat dinner fairly early, i try and eat before 7.

A typical days food for me would be something like this. bare in mind that i am a low carber so this might not be for everyone.

Breakfast 9 oclock
Large omlette with mushroom, spinach, bacon and cheese.

late morning snack 11ish
Apple or a bit of natural yoghurt or a glass of milk.

Lunch 12.30-1 oclock
Bolagnaise with cheese and celariac mash (small portion)

Dinner 5-6 oclock
1/4 melon two low carb sausages with homemade tomatoe relish

evening snack/dessert
hot chocolate (made with cocoa and splenda)

This works out about 30-40g which is just right for me. Cutting back in some areas lets me eat things like apples which i love occasionly but is a bit to much sugary if you are being really strict.

Bug X

That sounds good. We eat dinner between 6.40/7, and I tend not to go to sleep untill 11.30/12... Sometimes 1. So I think I'm worried about eating a small dinner and then going to bed hungry lol!

Back