My new addiction...

roundrachel

Silver Member
It's not food, alcohol, cigarettes or gambling but RUNNING!

Having not been able to run for years and taken on my challenge for March (see www.justgiving.co.uk/rachelhooper3) I've been out running every day.

And now when I wake up it's not food that I think of first but when I can get my run in. They say it takes 21 days for a habit to form. It's taken about 6 weeks in all but damn I feel good! (plus I get to eat a bit more to keep my energy levels up without the fear of putting on weight!)

Exercise...love it!!

Good for you! I've never understood people who can't live without exercising, but am now realising that it is the way forward and will hopefully make it much easier to maintain when I finally get to goal.

There is something so relaxing about running! You just get into a rhythm and keep going. I find that once I get a certain level of fitness up then I do enjoy exercise, but before that it's a bit hard work :D!!

Well done you! What a healthy addiction!

It's not so much running, more of a shuffle. But I've got a great playlist on my pod and get into a rhythm and feel like I could keep going forever. I was never built for speed and it's against my physio and doctor's advice due to my spinal problems. Yes it's painful but I can do it. And while I'm still breathing I'm going to carry on giving it a go. I've wasted 10 years. I'm not going to waste any more time doing nothing!

Thats fantastic Rachel, you're my inspiration at the mo :)

xXx

Thanks FYM. That means a lot...and keeps me going too!!!

Back