My New Coat

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Russiandoll, 29 August 2006 Social URL.

1. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1

I bought a new coat today. Well, technically it's second-hand as I got it from my local charity shop but it looks like it's never been worn.

It's a really nice BHS black winter coat lined with fleece and has a hood. Thing is, I've bought it in a size 12 in the defiant confidence that I WILL be wearing it this winter!!
    This time last year, I bought a new jacket from Evans in a size 28 (and that was a bit of a squeeze but they didn't have it in a 30). Now I'm wearing a size 18 lightweight jacket but I plan to be a lot smaller by the winter and need something thicker.
    So I'm about to put another batch of bigger clothes on Ebay, last years jacket amongst them. :)

At the end of the day, if I don't manage to get down to a size 12 then all I've lost is £4.50 so it's not a very large financial gamble but it's the principle: I've bought that coat and I intend to get into it! .... And when I do, I'll post a pic of me wearing it! ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chicken on a mission

chicken on a mission Restarting to lose 4stone

Diet:
    LighterLife then CD
    I'm looking forward to seeing the pics :D

4. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    And you will get into it Debbie, I don't doubt it for a minute. Your determination and commitment is second to none and I am looking forward to seeing that pic of you in your size 12 coat! Love

5. zareena

zareena Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    You will wear that coat! You soo will :D

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

I find retail therapy a superb motivational tool! hehe

But you are so good at buying a bargain - I would have been tempted to buy a really expensive item so that I would feel as if I'd wasted the money if I didn't lose weight. I think your head is screwed on better than mine hehe!

love

7. Gen

Gen Normal

Well done girl, i have no doubt you will be in that size 12 by winter!!! you are a true inspiration.

Gen xx

8. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Congratulations!

Dont forget to let us know when you post them on ebay so I can have a look!

9. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I expect they'll be too big for most people on here Angela :)

10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Debbie,

It is a good motivational tool having the coat there waiting for and it is something to aim for.

You could always bring your old clothes to the next Booth Camp/meet up and swap with someone else...

A few of the members were saying how this could be an idea to develop and save cost in post and packing...:confused: :rolleyes:

It is amazing how one year can turn your life around so much and for the better on top of that:)

Love Mini xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.