My New Diary

Hello Simply Filling Board,

As you can see i have been a member here since 9th aug 2009. This is my 4th post. What does that tell me? I joined in 2009 and gave up on my diet on day 1.

Well I have actually had a good year and for the first time in my life I've stuck to a diet. This year I have gone from 211(January) to 167(June) = 44lbs. Now what have I lost since June....0lbs. I think I got bored and slowly stopped doing weight watchers and started doing my own thing. I do take it as a positive that I have stayed a healthy weight and not gained for the past 3 or 4months. It shows I finally have control over my food. But......I am ready to push forward and get to my goal.

So I have always stuck to propoints but I am going to try Simply Filling. It seems a more relaxed approach to a diet. It is just what I need.

I am going to start Saturday as I am having a pub meal tomorrow night and they do an amazing pie. If I started tomorrow it would be setting myself up for a fail as I AM having that pie lol!

Wish me luck with simply filling!

Today is a hard day before I start SF tomorrow! Not only am I having a pie tonight, someone has brought cream cake into work! Good job it is today and not tomorrow.

I just learnt something new today. For women, every inch taller we are we should weigh 5lbs more.

I haven't had any cake. Only an hour left, I am behaving today!

Last edited:
So my Simply Filling start weight is 166lbs. Now that is a 1lb loss since last week which really doesn't make sense, but I am not complaining.

Here is what I have planned for my first SF day. If you see any errors then please let me know. I m not sure if my bread for breakfast counts as calorie controlled. But rather than have 2 of them ww thin tiny slices of bread for 115 calories I am having just one slice of thick wholemeal bread for the same amount of calories. I know it is bad to kinda cheat on my first meal but I am trying to use my common sense. When I go shopping this week I am going to look at the ww bread products and see whether they are worth buying.

Breakfast - Beans on 1 slice wholemeal toast, mushrooms
Lunch - baked potato and tuna
Tea - 3 x Vegetarian sausage 5pp, egg, peas, carrots and new potato
Snacks - yogurt, apple, banana, peaches, Hot chocolate 2pp

So that's 7pp used. 42 remain

I am planning a bike ride today. Me and my fiancé have road bikes and go on some quite good bike rides. So normally I am out for 45-60mins of quite intense cycling. I'll check in later and let you all know how my first day back on plan went.

I wish the vegetarian sausages were free. I have a lot of veggie food. I noticed the quorn chicken/mince is free.

Last edited:
Well done on the loss! :) I'd say don't bother with WW products (except the ginger crunch cookies, because they taste lush :p) - they're a rip-off price-wise and contain less calories just because they're smaller! I cheat and count white bread as free even (although I choose wholemeal where I can!)

Everything looks good points wise - don't worry too much about 'cheating' tbh, it is a lifestyle change and as long as you know what the best choices to make are.

All sausages aren't free unfortunately as they're heavily processed but I count any unprocessed meat as free as long as it doesn't have a coating/is fried and I trim off the fat.

Enjoy the bike ride if you manage to go :)

Take care!

Well day 1 has gone well! I will have my hot chocolate later. I haven't felt hungry either.
Had bad news today, a lady I work with her husband has terminal cancer. It is in his Lungs, liver, brain and lymph. I don't know him I think I am just upset for her. And the situation. Last week he had a cough. Now he has 2 months to live and can't be treated. Some days I totally question the world.

On a lighter note I do have a SF question.

It you buy a sandwich from a shop and it has chicken lettuce and brown bread and is say 8pp. Do I pp it at 8 on a SF day? Or do I just propoint the butter? Or the non SF ingredients.

Do you have the daily oil?

Does everyone have the full 49weeklies? I have looked in other diaries and I see a mixture of people who do and don't. What do you guys think about this?

I did my bike ride. Freezing cold, soon warmed up. When we got in we have a 10 min hail storm. It looked like snow in my garden for a while.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. The world is a cruel place.

I'm an ultimate cheat when it comes to SF as I even count white bread as free! But, I'd say definitely only point the butter/non SF ingredients.

The daily oil isn't necessary but if I have 1-2 roast potatoes/parsnips/fried noodles/homemade chips or wedges etc I count that as my oil allowance.

Most people use the 49 weeklies as a treat but they can be used for healthy extras such as cheese/nuts/dried fruit/fruit juice! It doesn't matter too much whether you do or don't, it's just what works for you, I know that I need them because I'm a very snacky eater tbh.

Well done on the bike ride, I agree about the horrible weather though!x

Hi losslossloss. Welcome to the boards.

Sorry to hear about your friend's husband. Thats very sad news and so difficult to make sense of when things like that come out of the blue like that.

Well done on your weight loss so far. You have done really well! Hope SF works out for you. I think its a good plan once you have got your head around portion sizes etc as it feels more like "normal" eating. The official rule on bought sandwiches etc is that you have to points all of them and you don't get to discount points for the things that would be free (like you would on something like slimming world) but as Libby said its up to you how strictly you follow the "rules" or how much you just treat them as "guidelines" for healthier eating. As for quorn sausages I tend to count them as free as long as they are part of my meal. And I know two other people from these boards also counted them as free and have recently got to target so it clearly didn't do them any harm.

How was your pie the other night?? I think pie is one of those things that just isn't worth doing a diet version of. If you are only having it occassionally I think you might as well have the "proper" version and just make sure you enjoy it!

Back