my new life starts here!

Sorry if i go on a bit but this will be where i get things off my chest.

Not only is this the start of my weightloss journey it's also the start of the rest of my life.
After spending the last ten years trying to lose weight without much success and with a husband who would rather have me fat. i have finally decided i am going to do it whether him indoors likes it or not!
It's going to be hard at first as i will be getting no support from family. I think i will keep it secret to begin with, writing my thoughts on here.
80lb seems such a lot to lose. I guess it will be best to break it down into smaller challengers then it wont seem quite so daunting. It seems to be what most people do on here.So i think i'll start off by being realistic and try to lose 4lb by the end of sept.
I found today easy as i've been to work. so haven't been tempted by food. Lets hope tomorrow will be just as easy!

well done for taking that first step:) Are you doing this by yourself or going to a club?
Good luck for your first week, 80lbs may seem a lot, I'm trying to lose nearly 100 myself and am over half way there now, just take it one week at a time and you'll get there !

Hi hun, good luck with your weightloss journey, you are doing the right thing by breaking it into realistic chunks. I spent many a year of my life going for the all or nothing approach and looking for a quick fix. Take it a pound at a time and it will all fall off xx

day 6

Well i have to say these last few days haven't been as bad as i thought they would be! Had a bit of a struggle on Friday but managed not to stray off course to much. Having refound my social life has helped cause i used to spend evenings at home alone doing the comfort eating thing but now i'm going to make sure i go out twice a week which i hope will give me the incentive to keep on track.
I have always had a fairly healthy diet but suffer with a very slightly underactive thyroid which has made losing weight difficult in the past. I have started to take sea kelp as a friend suggested it might help.
I've also bought the rebecca wheatley dvd to do when i'm home alone. I feel a bit silly doing it but she's done so well i hope it will motivate me to keep going.
I got on the scales today and it looks like i've lost 1lb, doesn't seem a lot for all the effort that goes into it!:rolleyes: but at least it's going in the right direction!:)

BAD DAY can only get better!
AND IT DID!
I read the message from Alaeigha and then my diary again and realised that prehaps it wasn't as bad as i thought. So thanks for the message Alaeigha

Last edited:
Oh dear - but as you say can only get better

there I was reading a very positive diary and I got to your last post

and as the previous post says you have already lost one pound - I will be very happy if I can do that most weeks

one week, one lb

Well i've been doing it for one whole week and lost one whole lb!
It hasn't been as bad as i thought it would be. Finding this website has helped me, its kept me busy and stopped me thinking about being on a diet. Oh how i HATE that word :mad:.I like to think of it as a new way of eating. I hope the next 79 weeks go just as quick!:D

oh great news - I got on the scales today to find I have put on half - but it is mid week and by monday it cold be better :):)

Back