My new life

Day 3

Hunger is off the scale so far today but i haven't had time for as much water. Also i've been quite dizzy, at work i spend all day bending down and standing up again and when i stand, the room spins! Have glugged a load of water now though and it's better. Two packs down, 1 to go and it's going to be a long afternoon. Am banking on feeling better by tomorrow though and i have a mid week weigh in and will do a ketosis test (quite excited!)

Hey Mrs, I am feeling your pain on day3 too!! lol. But we WILL be slim:). I have had a rare day of work today which has meant I have had more time to think about snacking/food etc....which I think is why I have struggled. I am glad I am not the only one feeling abit spaced out and fuzzy headed...I did get glugging and it helped!

I might try a mid week weigh in too but the olny thing is my scales at home weigh me as MUCH heavier than any other scales I have lol....we are talking about a 5-9lb difference lol!. I should just bin them lol!

xxx

Day 4
Woke up feeling good! Been for a mid week weigh in today and i have lost 7lbs in 4 days and am in ketosis!!! So pleased, still feeing hungry alot of the time but i think that will pass in a couple of days.
Having thoughts of do i really need to do such a drastic diet, but i know the answer is yes.
This evening has been hard making the kids spaghetti bolognaise and garlic bread, and i had to put the left over garlic bread straight away as i knew the temptation was too high!!!!
I have no weigh in for 8 days now so thats going to take forever but hopefully will see a good loss again and this time it will be fat loss :)

I wish I knew whether or not I was in kitosis. Then maybe I will feel like I am getting somewhere apart from just starving myself. Have not got time to get to shops for kitosis sticks. Have just begged other half to smell my breath to see if it smells but hes not up for it.

Any other ways I could tell?
x

Hello tryin again... just wanted to wish you good luck on this crazy but exciting journey. Read your diary and I'm sure you'll succeed! I'm 6 ft tall too so we have basically the same goal weight. Be careful and have your 4 packs a day as you really need it. That's also why you're hungry. Secondly, if you have 3 packs a day, it's like those who are supposed to have 3 but can only manage 2 - your body goes into starvation mode and the weightloss just slows, then stops! (trust me - at the beg i didn't know i needed 4 and my old cdc never made it a point to sell me the extra 7 a week).
I've got a little over a stone to go, but i'll be on this forum for a while even after goal - helps maintain a perspective... so i'll be checking in on you.
xx

Day 5
Hi enlightenme, spoke to my cdc yesterday and she said when she and her husband did the plan in 1984 they only had 300 cals so 3 packs would be fine, but today i really don't feel good! I'm not hungry this morning but am so week. Have jus come back from walking the dog which i do every day and i realy struggled. Feel like all my energy has been zapped and i've got to go to wrk in 1/2 hour and do a manual job! Think you may be right, i need another pack. On Lighter life everyone had 4 a day which was just over 500 cals a day, about the same as this, and i lost weight vey quickly then. Will have an extra one today and then have 3 or 4 depending on how i'm feeling i think. Thanks for your support, you've done brilliantly, with just a stone to go at your height you mus look fab! What is your goal weght if you don't mind me asking?
Hey Chelley, trust me, if you've done100% and you're on day 5 you'll def be in ketosis. Other symptoms are feeling cold (i'm bloody freezing) and hunger subsiding.

Yes but that was almost 30 years ago!!! alot has changed in the body comprehension. Also it is not to say you wouldn't achieve a loss at that, but it sure would be slower as your body thinks it's in starvation mode. And then it's not fat you losing but muscle... when i first did CD on 3 packs, i would get a weird "mouth in my throat" feeling, just weird heartbeat. Turned out I had developed arhythmia which is also a symptom of starvation, which eventually disappeared when i went back to a "normal" way of life. This time around, you better believe I watch for the symptoms, and I haven't had any at all. And the dizzy and weak feeling - just not my cup of tea!

My goal weight is 180, for the moment, I'm 18 lbs away - the hardest hurdle was getting down under 200lbs... for 9 mths I dilly dallied im frame, but don't think I could go lower than 170and my weight never got under 208. I'm finally clear of that number so it'll be great just to be at a normal BMI.. after that i'll fine tune - I think I have a med

I'm aiming for 186 to start with and will see what i look like then, it's in the healthy bmi even though at the very top. It's hard to imagine that weight at the moment. Think you're right about the number of packs, yes i want to loose weight asap but i still need to be able to function!

tryin again said:
I'm aiming for 186 to start with and will see what i look like then, it's in the healthy bmi even though at the very top. It's hard to imagine that weight at the moment. Think you're right about the number of packs, yes i want to loose weight asap but i still need to be able to function!

I completely agree with enlightenme hunny coz when I only had three the dizziness was horrible I felt so sick and had poorly tummy and never got past week three now I have four the difference I feel I amazing no poorly belly lots of energy etc xxxx

Day 6 :D
Feeling loads better today! Not sure if its just day 6 or because of the 4 packs but i'm sticking with 4 for now anyway. I really don't think 3 is healthy for my height. CD recomends 4 so why my CDC is trying to convince me to stay with 3 is beyond me? She knows i that cost was a concern so maybe that's it?
Picked up fish and chips for my boys tea tonight which i would normally be having with them. How i didn't have just 1 chip is beyond me. I kept thinking carbs and ketosis carbs and ketosis. Was bloody hard though :tear_drop:
So it's fri night and i feel like i should be having a few drinks to start the weekend. Before CD i was drinking every night. Not loads maybe only one but it has been months since i had an alcohol free night. This was another reason for doing this diet. On any other you can configure alcohol in and i did! As it's stricktly no go i haven't found it a problem at all so hopeing this will break the habit :)

Congrats on day 6 hun!!! I feel as though i am reading my own story here. Yes TGIFs are soo hard for me, well still 100%. Did not even taste my son's yummy dinner (he's 2), as he always wants me to help him eat.
Also before cd, I was drinking my red wine every night too... Over the holidays it was worse! Only CD helped me break the habit. I still miss my wine, but as I can't have just 1 (more like 3)... I think i'm going to have to skip it altogether when I get to goal. Most of my weight is in my middle, they say when you drink it's the sugar that bloats up the fat cells around your stomach and organs... bleurgh!!

Staying 100% tonight and every night. Did Day 3 shred, so exercise-wise I'm back in business

I brought the shred months ago and did about 4 days, God i was in pain! Will have to dig it out again, not sure that i have the energy for that yet. My weight is all bum and legs, even when slim i'll still hate my legs! I know though that alcohol really piles on the pounds with me so i'm planning to just have a couple of drinks at the wknd once i come off the plan. No mid week drinking. Well done for staying 100% It's def not easy but you've done amazingly well :)

Day 7!
Woke up this morning feeling fine, not enjoying the several trips to the loo during the night though! Don't feel tired or lethargic but still waiting for the energy boost. Had my porridge first thing then have been food shopping with my boys. The trolly had more treats than usual in it as it's half term and nothing in there was for me :( Was really hungry when i came home, not sure if it was cause i hadn't had my usual amount of water, so i just had my bar while the boys had their lunch.
Have all the housework to do now so will be keeping busy and i'm working tonight. I work in a bar/ restaurant on a Sat where i usually have a few drinks and continually pick at food so that will be a challange. Just water for me then! :sigh:

Good luck with work tonight, you can do it!! I'm so sore today from the shred and my power plate session, but i'm on a roll. back to it tomorrow first thing... have a nice evening... give yourself a break if you need it, enjoy some seltzer water

Day 8
First week completed and i've lost 13lbs!!! Am so pleased with that. Feeling slimmer already which is a massive motivation boost.
Last night at the pub was challanging but not too bad. I was feeling hungry at times but on a scale of 1-10 it was about 5. The food smelt soooo good! Drinking water didn't bother me though which is great as i thought i'd struggle with that. So another hurdle done, i now know i don't have to eat or drink when working there, just hope i can get to the stage when i don't want to!
Going to be an interesting day today. I am having a birthday party for my son and i've invited my ex husband and his girlfriend who i haven't met yet!!! Scary! Very brave of me though i think, and i'm feeling more confident about it knowing i'm 13lbs lighter :)

Last edited:
Grrrr! Can't update my ticker! Last time i just clicked on it but nothing is happening this time. Can anyone help?

tryin again said:
Grrrr! Can't update my ticker! Last time i just clicked on it but nothing is happening this time. Can anyone help?

Omg!!!!! :D wowwwwzzzer that is just awesome well done u and keep it up!!!! Ya doing amazing have great birthday party I just know ya will be fine have gud day xxxx

tryin again said:
I brought the shred months ago and did about 4 days, God i was in pain! Will have to dig it out again, not sure that i have the energy for that yet. My weight is all bum and legs, even when slim i'll still hate my legs! I know though that alcohol really piles on the pounds with me so i'm planning to just have a couple of drinks at the wknd once i come off the plan. No mid week drinking. Well done for staying 100% It's def not easy but you've done amazingly well :)

Mine is all legs as well find it hard doing lunges just kills me I wud be no good at biggest loser camp I wud be crying in pain all day lol xxx

Day 7
First week completed and i've lost 13lbs!!! Am so pleased with that. Feeling slimmer already which is a massive motivation boost.
Last night at the pub was challanging but not too bad. I was feeling hungry at times but on a scale of 1-10 it was about 5. The food smelt soooo good! Drinking water didn't bother me though which is great as i thought i'd struggle with that. So another hurdle done, i now know i don't have to eat or drink when working there, just hope i can get to the stage when i don't want to!
Going to be an interesting day today. I am having a birthday party for my son and i've invited my ex husband and his girlfriend who i haven't met yet!!! Scary! Very brave of me though i think, and i'm feeling more confident about it knowing i'm 13lbs lighter :)

Mrs, that is flipping amazing!!!!!! Go you!! And well done for resisiting last nights temptation. Doesnt it feel good to have abit of control back. We shall be in little knickers before we know it. Sooo proud. I bet you can really notice it!

xxxxx

Last edited:
Have you found out how to update the ticker yet? Its not working for me either!! x x x

ChelleryPickle said:
Have you found out how to update the ticker yet? Its not working for me either!! x x x

Nope I don't bother I just write down weekly losses in signature lol xxx

Back