My new life

Day 14

Hmmm, not feeling my happiest today :mad:
Yesterday i wasn't hungry at all but in the evening i had some ham..........and couldn't stop. Now i know, it's only ham, but it was more than the small amount i'd been advised to eat.
Got on the scales this morning and still showing 1/2 lb gain. It's weigh in tomorrow, i've stuck at this when feeling really ill and apart from the ham been 100% yet looks like my loss for week 2 will only be 2lb. That is rubbish for what i've been through and doesn't make sense for how little callories have gone into my body. :mad::mad::mad:
I know i shouldn't weigh daily but it usually keeps me going watching the numbers fall. I will be 100 % today but really hope the scales are kinder tomorrow. The reason i am doing such a hard core diet is to see big losses fast!
I hate that i can't eat, i hate that my children are aware i'm not eating and worry what effect this will have on them. I hate that i can't join in social occasions, i hate that my weight bothers me so much i have to go the lengths this extreme.
Arrrgghhh! Not happy!!!

I completely hear what ur saying lovely I really do!!!! I don't know what to say except I sympathise with u and i have been feeling like that for a few days!!! Xxx

Hey there, stop beating yourself up, it's useless. So you lost like 16 lbs in 12 days, been feeling dizzy, tried to exercise and overate on ham... Your body is trying to tell you something, it'll adapts, but it hates SUDDEN change so it's reacting! Keep at it, it will then get the message that what you are doing is "normal" and let go of the weight.

Best advice: stay OFF the scales, the daily fluctuations will kill your willpower.

Hi Tryin Again - I agree with the above - it is sooooo hard to stay off the scales and I have really been trying not to weigh myself daily this time with varied success - however when you get on and its registering two or three pounds instead of one, or worse still NONE - it's brilliant ! Worth having to resist every morning :)

With regard to 3 or 4 packs - This is my third time on CD :wave_cry: :mad: :sigh: and as I posted elsewhere a couple of weeks ago about how I kept and still do a spreadsheet recording my losses.

The first attempt I had three (2 and a bar) and the second time my CDC insisted I had 3 packs and a bar and at the end of 12 weeks I had lost exactly the same amount of weight !

This time, I am going all the way through to maintenance and KEEPING IT OFF FOREVER :D

Trying again....I wish I could give you a huge hug right now and tell you how fab you really are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick in there girl, these days are going to happen, get through it by knowing that you are heading in the right direction! As for the smaller loss!! I know exactly how you are feeling...remember my Sh*t 4lb in the first week and how much I beat myself up for it....and how much ou helped cheer me up?!! Ham would not put on 1/2 a pound either. Its actually impossible. If you had eating something carby then it might...MinnieMel is good to chat to about how that all works...but I know from reading that Ham defo would not do any harm!!
Stick with it Mrs, If your not happy with your 2lb loss just think of all the food that would have passed your lips since you started CD. Imagine it all piled up on a table!! Thats how much fat/Calories you have saved yourself! Stick with it. Have a warm drink of bouillion.

As for worrying about your children....you could think of it 2ways....by loosing weight and being slimmer are you not setting a good example for them? You will be able to run around with them,join in family games etc?. Dont beat yourself up.

Bug hugs chick x x x

Thanks everyone, I stayed strong and got through it and today feel fab!

Day 15!!!

A really good day today! Have had loads of comments about my weight today, people are noticing and i am too :D:D:D

I've been at work serving fabulous food to over 60 people, loads of leftovers to pick at but not one thing has passed my lips :clap:

I feel really slim today, and have just put on a pair of jeans that were too small and they're too big now! In 2 weeks! :eek:

This is why i'm doing this, cause that feeling is unbeatable. I know i have a way to go yet, but i'm only going to get slimmer and feel even more great than i do today, sooo.......if i start moaning again or feel sorry for myself, someone remind me of today. It is so totally worth it.:D

Two weeks in and i'm slimmer, not hungry, no longer dizzy or weak ( and i haven't been having anymore protein) and i no longer crave food too much either. :happy036:

YAY!!!! How much have you lost now Mrs?? x x

Hi TA
Nice to hear you so positive - sometimes it takes a few weeks (and a few pounds) to get settled into CD.
Good luck for the next week.
Nelli

Not sure if it's day 15 or 16?

Well although i had such a good day Sunday, yesterdau i felt so ill again! My head was thumping so hard in thought it would burst and i was again very weak and dizzy. Today, the same apart from the headache has gone. I have had a real battle the last couple of days as to what to do.

I do want to stick at this but i can't function at work at the moment. Whenever i stand up i have to hold on to something while my sight comes back to normal. I never experienced this last time and although i am loving the fast weight loss, my body just doesn't seem to like what i'm doing at the moment.

I've done a lot of research over the last couple of days and have decided to stop CD and start the Dukan diet.

I kind of feel like i've given up, but am still determind to stick to some form of diet to get the weight off. I'm thinking Dukan would be a good option because i'll stay in ketosis, but i can also eat as much as my body needs.

Just wanted to thank you all for your help and support over the last couple of weeks and wish you all luck for the rest of your CD journeys. :)

I had very similar problems on CD. I had to stop SS because I felt so weak and faint. I used to just flop suddenly on to my bed. My heart seemed to be racing and I had no strength at all and no means of escaping the dizziness.

You are NOT a failure. TFR diets are not for everyone. Your health , wellbeing and daily life with your family are far more important than being seen to succeed at any particular diet. You could of course try a CD plan with extra low carb food.

If Dukan does not suit I highly recommend Atkins.
You can expect ketosis, a feeling of extreme health, and plenty of delicious, nourishing food.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey trying again, I thought I would check in and see how you are doing!!

Hope your weel and enjoying the Dukan diet :) x x x

Back