My new nicer dicer is fab!

AmandaJayne

Trainee Maintainer
My dad got one of these a few months ago and was so impressed he bought me one!

JML Nicer Dicer from JML Direct

Well, I wasn't sure at first because these type of items are usually left to gather dust in the back of a cupboard.

Anyway, I am using it all the time, it really is great at quickly chopping most veg, and even more importantly it is quick and easy to clean afterward, just a quick rince under warm water.

Has anyone else got one?

AJ

Yes, I have had one for about 2years. I bought mine in the USA - much cheaper there lol.

It is great isn't it? I use mine all the time. Great when making egg mayonaise too.

Ohh I want one it looks so much better than them nasty v slicers. They are evil took a right chunk out of my thumb a few weeks ago. I tell you it saw the bottom of the wheelie bin for that.:)

I've bought one off ebay after AJ saying she's pleased with hers :clap:

Have been looking for something like this for a while now.

Just got to wait for delivery. No idea why I can get a scooba from the US in two days, yet have to wait longer than that for a little chopper from 'up the road':confused:

Honest KD,

You won't be disappointed! When my dad raved about his, I thought he'd had a breakdown or something. Then I had a go and realised that not only did it chop well with no mess, but it took seconds to clean afterwards. He bought one for me, but I'm not buying you one, sadly;).

If you are disappointed, I've moved house....

AJ

Okay I failed. Opened it up and broke it. Took 2 seconds:eek:. In fact, hadn't even got it out the box.:sigh:

Having said that, 2 hours later and all mended, I've just cut an apple up and it was very easy.

As long as I don't do what I did when I took it out the box, reckon it's going to be a winner :clap:

Well...........:eek:..........you know the 'arm' thinging that holds the blades? Well.......:eek:......I didn't realise that you took the whole arm off to put the other set of blades in...........:eek: :D

So I took off the plastic thing that encloses the cutter, and hey presto, I get about 13 little blades all lose in my lap. Doh. Bloomin fiddle trying to line them all up again and get them back. Needed 6 pairs of hands.

So...2 hours later, managed it.

BTW, I really love my magic bullet 'smoothie' maker. I use it every day because it's easy to use, easy to clean. I reckon this nicer dicer is going to be just as useful :)...well...assuming I change the blades properly :D

"So I took off the plastic thing that encloses the cutter, and hey presto, I get about 13 little blades all lose in my lap. Doh. Bloomin fiddle trying to line them all up again and get them back. Needed 6 pairs of hands"

:eek:OMG! KD how many stitches did you need, those little blades are SHARP. I haven't cut myself since I started using mine. The family are relieved, I can tell you. Why do you think I like red foods??:D

AJ

:eek:OMG! KD how many stitches did you need, those little blades are SHARP. I haven't cut myself since I started using mine. The family are relieved, I can tell you. Why do you think I like red foods??:D

AJ

:D :D Surprisingly, no cuts and all working fantabulously:cool:

So, for dinner. Diced potatoes, diced mushrooms, diced courgettes (hey....new dicer :D) with cherry toms fried in a little seasoned olive oil with chicken breasts.

Preparation time about 3 minutes.

Oh, and I have discovered that it's best to dice the mushrooms first. They weren't in the best of health and they didn't dice quite as cleanly as the other ingredients, but the rest sort of 'cleaned it out'.:cool:

Magic bullets, roombas etc etc, KD, you and your gadgets! You should do a separate thread on them. I have bought a roomba because of you! (for my new surgery, so i can turn it on when i leave and come back to a clean floor;)).

Nice to see you back AJ! That nicer dicer looks fab, just looking on ebay now!

If you are disappointed, I've moved house....

AJ

Okay...new address needed :D I reckon I got the wrong make or something :( Tried to cut up a potato (just like in the advert:rolleyes:). Potato got stuck. Tried to remove it. All the blades fell to bits again.

DH spent ages putting it together again. Tried an apple and it wouldn't go through, even if I peeled it :(

Did a search on amazon. I have this one

Amazon.co.uk: Original Genius Nicer Dicer: Kitchen & Home

Seems that other customers had the same problem. So...I'm wondering..is there another make, cos I really want one that works, or do you think I've just been unlucky?

Or maybe expecting too much of it? Apples and potatoes?

Hmm KD,

It looks exactly the same.

I am wondering whether you replaced the blades the right way up (ie sharp side down) when you fixed them back in to place.

I ordered mine from the JML website, although I know they can be bought from Woolworths and other stores.

I'm still loving mine, although not to the extent of taking it to bed, or anything.

Haven't had a cut finger for ages. Quite a novelty.

I am living in a caravan...not saying where...:D

Wannabemine,

You won't regret getting one, but please read:coffee: the instructions on how to use it first, not like SOME people...:booboo::whoopass:

AJ

I am wondering whether you replaced the blades the right way up (ie sharp side down) when you fixed them back in to place.

Good thinking Batman, but yes...replaced correctly. I think I've probably just got a dud. I won't let it put me off though. Will return it and try another :clap:

Back