My new pup!

Most definitely meant to be !!

He is gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous.

What a lucky boy to have chosen you.

I take it he was not chipped ??

I am on our sofa typing this and I have 3 little doggies lying next to me. 2 Great Danes asleep on the floor and 2 more small dogs, one on each easy chair. You could call it full house !!!

I feel like you you, I would sell anything before I would get rid of one of my animals. They keep us broke, but they keep us entertained, happy and fit as well.

That is a wonderful picture of you and your two dogs. They are both gorgeous (as is yourself lol:D), and I bet they will keep you warm on a cold winter's night.

I don't mean to upset you, but what will you do if someone claims him now???
or spots you walking him and says "That's my dog!!!"?

as much as you're loving having a new dog, someone somewhere is probably very sad at having lost one..

If they were that bothered they would have checked at the dog pound and local
Vets surely?
The specified time had passed at the pound for the original owners to claim the dog, he wouldn't have been released to a new home otherwise.

he may have been missing for some time and they had already checked there before you found him, or he may have travelled a long way..
that's a lot of dog to not miss though..
did you put a "found!!" notice up in the local papers etc or just call the rescue center and let them "deal with it"?? ( it's not like they have a full page add each week with any new arrivals on it.. )..

I've got my dog chipped, because if i ever lost her i would be gutted, plus would not stop searching for her/ringing up all the vets constantly, i wouldn't just visit once! Plus i'd give them all my information so if they came across her they could get in contact with me from within 10 miles from my house (at the least!). He also should have had a collar with all the owners information on at least!

Last edited:
Coljack, much longer than he was held and he would be a deceased dog. They dont have the resources to keep the dogs forever. They try to rehome, but ultimately, they dont give a monkeys if theres some crying family somewhere that havent bothered their backsides to come and check. They will just put em down.

No collar, no chip, no details left with the dog pound, not really making much of an effort to recover him are they?

My guess is he was probably "lost" because he is a big dog and big dogs are expensive to feed. How fab that someone is giving him a lovely home.

I don't mean to upset you, but what will you do if someone claims him now???
or spots you walking him and says "That's my dog!!!"?

as much as you're loving having a new dog, someone somewhere is probably very sad at having lost one..

I've been through that with the rescue center. I asked them what would happen, and they told me that the owner has no legal rights to the dog, since it had been 3 weeks before we got him back, and he hadn't even been reported missing. I had called the police and the dog warden when we first found him. And he hadn't been reported. He was severely underweight (by about 30lb) and had bad muscle tone, so clearly he had not been looked after whereever he was anyway. So if anyone says it's their dog then their will be questions raised about his prior treatment. If they hadn't reported him missing in 3 weeks, well there's a problem.

I've been through that with the rescue center. I asked them what would happen, and they told me that the owner has no legal rights to the dog, since it had been 3 weeks before we got him back, and he hadn't even been reported missing. I had called the police and the dog warden when we first found him. And he hadn't been reported. He was severely underweight (by about 30lb) and had bad muscle tone, so clearly he had not been looked after whereever he was anyway. So if anyone says it's their dog then their will be questions raised about his prior treatment. If they hadn't reported him missing in 3 weeks, well there's a problem.

Well said. My dog is chipped and has an address tag and when we take her away I update the details on the chip website incase we lose her.
If she ever got lost I'd go spare, I would ring everywhere I could, every day and put posters/notices up - pretty much like a lot of us would.

I would say ALL responsible dog owners would chip their dogs so seeing as though this one wasnt', nor reported missing, I'd say the owners weren't that bothered!

So glad he "found" you and that you've given him a loving home. Looks like he's commanded some space in the home with your other one!! Hope you get years of happiness :D

He's chipped now, but wasn't when he was found, although he's chipped to the pyrenean rescue center, which is about 15 miles from our house, so if he ever did get lost then he'd be sent right there and they would contact us to get him back. It's also the rescue's way of keeping tabs on how often this kind of thing happens, they really care about the dogs and put a lot of effort into making sure the dogs go to good homes, we had home checks and they 'tested' us on our knowledge of the breed. We also have a little tag on him with our phone number.

I remember when my husky got out once, I couldn't chase after him because I had a baby and a toddler in the house and obviously couldn't leave them alone, so I had to let him run, but I called the police right away and then contacted the dog warden and called all the dog shelters in the area, as well as the local vets. Even though he was micro chipped, I wanted to make sure he had the best chance of getting back to us. Thankfully, he was found within 24 hrs and returned to us.

He has a fabulous, loving home now and I think you have nothing to fear from his old owners turning up.......it just ain't gonna happen !!!!

What have you called him . Forgive me if I have missed it somewhere. After all I am ancient and suffering from old age and dry rot lol !!!!

Give me doggies any day. They wag their tales and not their tongues, love you fat or thin, rich or poor......................

His name is Casper, My daughter named him because he is big white and fluffy like the ghost...LOL :)

Both Kodi and Casper are gorgeous! So sad that his previous owners were so irresponsible but great news that he's found a new loving home with you!

His name is Casper, My daughter named him because he is big white and fluffy like the ghost...LOL :)

Great name. It suits him. He is going to be so happy.

It does make me a little sad to think there is a family out there somewhere who might be missing this pup.. I would be devastated if Sox disappeared.

I'm glad that he seems to be happy in his new home.

I just wanted to add that his being underweight doesn't necessarily mean a bad home, it could mean that he's been lost for a long time.

Has he been neutered ? if he has, see if he answers to the name of Bertie.. there was one "lost" from round here on the 14th of november ( I know that's a long time and a long way but it would take a while to get up to scotland :) and he may have been taken and escaped.. )

Has he been neutered ? if he has, see if he answers to the name of Bertie.. there was one "lost" from round here on the 14th of november ( I know that's a long time and a long way but it would take a while to get up to scotland :) and he may have been taken and escaped.. )

Don't worry Mummy-Helen Casper is definitely not Bertie....................

LOST: PYRENEAN MOUNTAIN DOG. Coven,
Wolverhampton, UK. Male, pure white, microchipped, name is 'Bertie',
18 months old, last seen 8th Oct.Either lost or stolen. If anyone
lives in the area or know people in the area, please look for him.
Casper did not have a microchip. You relax and enjoy him.

hugs xxx

It does make me a little sad to think there is a family out there somewhere who might be missing this pup.. I would be devastated if Sox disappeared.

I'm glad that he seems to be happy in his new home.

I just wanted to add that his being underweight doesn't necessarily mean a bad home, it could mean that he's been lost for a long time.

No, from what was said at the vet check, his muscle tone wouldn't have been as bad as it was if he'd been lost a long time. In fact it would have been BETTER if he'd been lost a long time, because he would have been walking lots. We were told that the state of his muscles he hadn't been exercised at all, and that we had to take him on short walks to build him up.

ColJack, no he wasn't neutered. The rescue center had him done 4 days before he came to us, he still has all the stitches now.

Back