My new way of eating!

Well I weighed in a week into my new style of eating. 4lbs down! Happy days!

I have started training though and they said that I need carbs to be able to perform to my best. Has anyone any suggestions as to when I should eat before training? What I should eat as an energy source?

B - protein shake with raspberries, strawberries and coconut milk

L - lettuce, toms, onion, pepper, carrot, 2x boiled egg and 3 rashers of bacon

Not sure about how long before to eat but try sweet potatoes, squash, parsnips, bananas (not too many of the bananas though!). They should provide you with sufficient carbs to train effectively.

greeneyedhippychick said:
Not sure about how long before to eat but try sweet potatoes, squash, parsnips, bananas (not too many of the bananas though!). They should provide you with sufficient carbs to train effectively.

I agree with G about those choices of carbs you really should get the primal blueprint as it really answers everything and you actually get sufficient carbs from veg and fruit to fuel your training ...I've not come across anything on timing yet though I'll google it now x

I had a mid afternoon snack, half red pepper, half carrot and 2 boiled eggs

Dinner was a roast chicken served with roast parsnips, squash, carrots and onions with cabbage!

Was niiiice!

My dinner was pretty similar Craig. Lovely bit of chicken and the roast veggies. Delicious.

I had another sneaky jump on the scales this morning and anoth 1.5lbs has gone! It's really working!!

B - protein shake with water and fresh strawberries

D - 2 Boiled eggs, carrot slices, lettuce, red onion, yellow pepper, tomato and roast chicken leg

I have 5 a side football today so I am hoping that my energy levels are going to hold up. I plan to har a late afternoon snack of half yellow pepper, Half carrot and a banana. Hopefully that will pull me through!

Stazo said:
I had another sneaky jump on the scales this morning and anoth 1.5lbs has gone! It's really working!!

B - protein shake with water and fresh strawberries

D - 2 Boiled eggs, carrot slices, lettuce, red onion, yellow pepper, tomato and roast chicken leg

I have 5 a side football today so I am hoping that my energy levels are going to hold up. I plan to har a late afternoon snack of half yellow pepper, Half carrot and a banana. Hopefully that will pull me through!

Don't know how far into the plan you are, but at first I always had a banana before I ran, but now find I don't need it :)

I am a week and a half in, so it's probably a mental thing more than anything. I just don't want to not be able to perform!

So I had my snack b4 football and felt fine playing tonight which is good!

D - home made burgers with chilli & onion serve with carrot and cauliflower.

Is it ok to drink any other cold drink than water? I am really craving a juice drink.?!

Coconut water is really good and also good for replenishing your body after sport think you can get it in fruit flavours too x

Yeah you can get it from tesco

image-1173517691.jpg

I will have to try that!!

B - bacon and eggs

L - 4 chicken legs ( tescos roasted chicken deli counter) prob not ideal but hadnt planned to be out!

S - protein shake with strawberries blitzed in

D - chicken & bacon salad.

Plenty of water and some coconut milk which I absolutely love at the minute!!

Yesterday's food

B - protein shake with fresh pinapple

L - 5 chicken drummers & 5 baby bell

S - banana, few almonds

T - tuna salad

E - 1 hours Boxfit class

Back