MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

hi seamus, thanks for your comments!! :D If your going to the gym you could be building muscle and that weighs more than fat!! Like booboo said try not to worry as this really doesnt help to lose weight either, your body seems to store fat when you go into worry or stress mode for some reason!! Also keep a check on your calories as with all that working out you might not be eating enough, and your body will go into starvation mode!!

Sall good luck for today, you will do fine hun!! :D

morning all :) lazy lie in this morning i was working late again last night, had 2 lovely poached eggs on WW toast for brekky :)

goin to the gym later but my knees are abit stiff so il just see what i can do! feelin great, the suns out here !! still cold but it luks like a good day which always lifts my mood :)

hope everyones feelin gud!! xx

hey all just back from drs and 5lb lost :D so happy as was only expecting 1 or 2 at most.

oh well done sall thats brilliant work, really happy for you :D!!

Hi Jude, its a lovely day here too, quite warm in the sun!! Have fun at the gym but please dont over do it!

Went the doctor today with my hip and my knee, he said the knee is quite a common complaint when people start doing exercises and that!! My hip is this gluteal bursitis that i get anyway, its just the exercise has caused it to flare up again :( so he said to rest it for a few days while the tablets start to work he has given me some more difiene/diclofenin and a tablet to protect my tummy as they can cause tummy problems. So hopefully by thursday i will be able to get back to it!! :)

hope your knee and hip feels better soon. know what its like. rest up properly and ease back in gently

WELL DONE SALL :woohoo:
I saw the nasty Dr today , who started the conversation as " well lets see if they have worked" I had a grin on my face , jumped on the scales and he said "what a good start to the day, no wonder your smiling thats really impressive and if you carry on like this you will waste away " so officially I have lost 13lb :)

Jude take it easy, don't over do it !!
Rach i'm so glad you saw the Dr....remember you need to rest :)

have a wonderful day everyone :)

Thats it Rach stay positive and it will reflect on your weigh in :)

Rachgleeson said:
oh well done sall thats brilliant work, really happy for you :D!!

Hi Jude, its a lovely day here too, quite warm in the sun!! Have fun at the gym but please dont over do it!

Went the doctor today with my hip and my knee, he said the knee is quite a common complaint when people start doing exercises and that!! My hip is this gluteal bursitis that i get anyway, its just the exercise has caused it to flare up again :( so he said to rest it for a few days while the tablets start to work he has given me some more difiene/diclofenin and a tablet to protect my tummy as they can cause tummy problems. So hopefully by thursday i will be able to get back to it!! :)

hey rach hope ur hip and knee get better, iv been on diclofenac they caused havoc with my stomach so doc changed em
to naproxen which seem to be ok. my doctors r not great he didnt give me anything to protect the tummy even when i asked him :-( but diclofenac is good for pain relief. if your tummy gets upset go back to your doctor. good luck hon x

booboocraig said:
WELL DONE SALL :woohoo:
I saw the nasty Dr today , who started the conversation as " well lets see if they have worked" I had a grin on my face , jumped on the scales and he said "what a good start to the day, no wonder your smiling thats really impressive and if you carry on like this you will waste away " so officially I have lost 13lb :)

Jude take it easy, don't over do it !!
Rach i'm so glad you saw the Dr....remember you need to rest :)

have a wonderful day everyone :)

congrats booboo thats brilliant. why r doctors so negative ggrrrrr
you keep up the good work :)
i shall soon be joining you all but with Alli. feel nervous.

Thank you Anika.....:)

Anika you will do well on Alli....I was on that a month before I started Xenical and had a good loss.....I followed the alli diet plan recipes and I still do !!
Join Home | alli you will have a weekly weigh in with them on the programme also :):) goodluck

WELL DONE booboo & sal !!! aww its exciting all this weight loss !!

i was raring to go and was really up for a big sweating session, and i got to the gym, and soon as i got on the cross trainer my knees just stiffened i felt such an idiot, so i slowly slunk back to the lockers and it was just burning like mad i cudnt do anymore :( im so annoyed!!!

Rach the resting will do u good, its annoying how u can't do anything tho!
is there anything that i can do at home without hurtin myself?? xx

Jude you could always sit down and do weights (even using tins of beans is enough) or do boxing anything that can get your heart rate up with out hurting your knees!! Thats tough about getting to the gym then your knees seize up, what a nuisance!! Sounds like something that would happen to me :D

Thankyou Jude I am well chuffed :)

I agree with Rach do weights or squat boxing ....hope your knees are better soon .....:):)

brill!! im guna use some tins i dont have any weights at home (yet another investment) :)

lmao ano Rach, it makes ya think dunt it...

right ive been readin up on burning calories, and if i eat say 1200, and burn 500 in the gym, is that not enough?? shud i be burning more than 1200?? but how can u exist burning off everything uve eaten!!!

it was just the alli website sayin eating 2500 cals and burnin 2000, you will gain weight !! how the HELL can you burn off more than u eat!!

i have been reading up on it on my fitness pal!! Its so confusing though!! Not everyone agrees that you should eat back some of the calories you burn, but i think it works different for everyone, your body needs fuel to live so if your going to burn off more than your eating then its going to start storing fat to keep you going!!

Back