MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

Rachgleeson

Gold Member
Hi everyone, i started xenical a week ago and tomorrow is my first home weigh in day!! :eek:

I will be weighing myself weekly at home and then the official weigh in monthly at the doctors.

My doctor told me i will have to lose 5% of my weight in the first month to stay on the tablets, so got my fingers firmly crossed (and my mouth shut) for that as i think these tablets are just the help i need. I have tried so many diets and none have worked, so this was a last resort for me. I was thinking of putting my food diary on also as i have seen others who have done this, just for a while.. i think it would be good to get comments on it off everyone and see if what i am doing is anyway right!! As i really am not 100% sure on what i am doing lol!!

Any info would be great.. hope everyone else is doing well!!! :D

Ok here is my food for last week starting the 10th Jan 2011

Monday
BREAKFAST
Jordans cereal and milk
LUNCH
Mug shots
TEA
Chicken, potatoes, carrots and gravy
SNACKS
4 Rice cakes & Jam

Tuesday
Breakfast
Jordans Cereal and milk
LUNCH
Mug shots
Tea
Tuna, pasta, philadelphia
SNACKS
4 Rice cakes with butter and banana

Wednesday
BREAKFAST
Jordans cereal and milk
LUNCH
---------
TEA
Pasta, tuna & philadelphia
SNACKS
Yoghurt

Thursday
BREAKFAST
Jordans cereal and milk
LUNCH
Mug shots
TEA
Chicken, noodles & stir in sauce
SNACKS
2 yoghurts and 2 meringues

Friday
BREAKFAST
Jordans cereal and milk
LUNCH
Tin spaghetti
TEA
w/w pizza
SNACKS
Grapes, Banana, 2 special k bars

Saturday
BREAKFAST
Bran flake, banana and milk
LUNCH
4Rice cakes & phili &turkey LC soup
TEA
MInce in a/b sauce,veg mash
SNACKS
Muller light Yoghurt
Lite king crisp, 2 lite lc cheeses
3 slices turkey

and finally todays, i am probably boring everyone(If annyone bothers to look lol) but either way i think it will help me anyway..

Sunday
BREAKFAST
Baked beans, 4 rice cakes
LUNCH
Pork chops(fat cut off), carrots, potatoes and gravy
TEA
Mug Shots 2 rice cakes with lc cheese spread
meringue, fruit and muller light
SNACKS
Special k bar, banana
innocent smoothie (which i also had friday and saturday but i forgot to add it on) oops!!

hey hun, thought i would pop in here and say hello..
you are doing well.
just make sure you stick to the 5% rule you wont have a problem. :)
hope you are ok. :)

Thanks Kes, i do struggle slightly figuring that out but, i dont think i am too far off, Hopefully!!

Not feeling to bad at that moment, but do feel bloated and i havent had anything to eat yet, is this normal with the tablet?? hopefully it will go away soon :/

Well lost 6lb this week, :) for some reason i feel disapointed with that even though i know its good. Maybe its because i am feeling so bloated today, and just feel even fatter if thats possible lol!! I was going to have a little treat today, but i think i will give it a miss and stay on the straight and narrow. Thinking if i get the taste of something nice, it may cause a set back!! I will see how it goes!!

ok so today i had some of the dreaded side effects for the first time aarrgghh!! I put it down to either the pork chops or baked beans from yesterday, so from now on these are a no no!! Dont want that to happen again lol!!! Hopefully that will be the one and only time.

Oh no :-( poor u on the side effects. Great reading your diary, it gets so boring just having tuna & Philly all the time it's nice to see what others have. Well done on the weight loss, after all every lb counts!!

Hi Rach, I'm a massive fan of the pasta with tuna and philly! I really appreciate reading other people's food diaries as I struggle to think of meals to prepare for myself as I'm a student so I have to cook for myself and I always end up eating the same things every week. Well done on the 6lb loss, remember every pound counts! Keep us updated on your progress :)

I will do emma, and thanks so much. Its great to be encouraged by others...

ok food diary for today is :

Breakfast
Branflakes milk and banana

Lunch
Spaghetti

Tea
Chicken in chineses seasoning (flava-it packet), broccoli( which i dont really like but forced it down, with yes you guessed it philli (lol) half a bag of rice and a muller light yoghurt for afterwards.

Not been a bad day really, still feeling bloated:( i feel like if i put a pin in me i would hear a hiss and deflate lol

I really need to start exercising now, but my knee still keeps swelling and is painful at times after playing just dance on the wii with my daughter, think i got carried away doing cotton eye joe lol... that will teach me to do some gentle exercise next time!! I will give it a few days and see what happens!!

I had some chocolate today, but it was only one out of a tin of roses so i dont think i need to punish myself for that. Decided to not make today a treat day as i used to with weigh in days, if i do it will just be something in the evening, instead of going stupid all day..

Hope everyone else is doing good!! :D

As we're swapping meal tips, I had a lovely fish stew for tea. Tinned toms, dry fried onions, garlic & med herbs. Then added flakes of White fish (low fat obv) some celery and sliced potatoes. Cook till potato cooked then eat. Barely any fat and warming with portion of veg. :)

Oh ellie that sounds yummy, where did you get that recipe from? I might have to give that one a try..and its something my hubby would eat too which is all the better!! Keep the recipes coming! :)

Ok picked a little bit this evening but i am not too worried as its nothing to what i would have done before..had 3 more roses chocolate and a little slice of my fave wenslydale with cranberries!! :eek: Naughty but nice!

I love the flava-it seasonings! Barbecue is my favourite, I use them all the time to spice up chicken, cos I get bored of it otherwise. I like to have a chicken breast with the barbecue seasoning and a handful of baby new potatoes and veg.

Don't force the exercise if it is painful, just take it nice and gently to ease yourself into it. Try walking instead for a bit?

The flava its are great, turns a borning meal into something exciting, and kind of makes me feel like i'm being naughty even though i'm not lol!! Whoever invented them needs a medal :)

Not going to push the exercise just yet, want me knee to get back to normal, definitely just going to start with some gentle walking, a couple of years ago before i got married i was doing over 3 miles a night about 4/5 times a week, and it wasnt just on the flat, it used to kill me lol!! I might get back to that eventually, although my old walking partners are out of action and i really dont find it fun on my own :( well ok i dont find it that much fun anyway but you know what i mean!!

Well i will be back later to report on what the day brings... all will be good :)

i have a recipie thread... ill bump it up, to give you some new ideas...

hope you are ok...

re bloating.... drink more. :)

Thanks for the advice Kes, i do try to drink but i keep forgetting if that makes any sense, wish i could forget to eat too, then i might never have got like this :)

The recipes will be great thanks, always good to get a few ideas. Definitely need something to keep in interesting.

Hope your doing ok!!

well its the end of another good day

Breakfast
Branflakes milk and banana

Lunch
Mug shot and go ahead apple bake

Tea
Salad (lettuce, spring onion, cucumber, tomato and tuna tossed in a tiny bit of garlic mayo and fat free vinigarette) with two laughing cow cheese triangle low fat. 2 meringues and a muller light yoghurt.

Snack
another go head snack bar and milk

so all in all not a bad day for me...even though my two little darlilngs were driving me mad arguing and shouting, which sometimes use to send me in the kitchen to pick just to get away from the lol :) not any more though...still not got any exercise in yet though :( will get there soon!!

Hope everyone else has had a good day!!

Back