MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

hey hun.
hows it going???
i must catch up on everyone..... how is it going for you??? diet still ok..
any nice recipies you have going???

i really need to find that thread of mine and add to it.
got some super nice ones :)

Please find your recipe thread and update it. I am on my 2nd day of the little blue pill and need some food ideas

Thanks Chelle xx

hey Kes all going well here, not had the time to make any nice creations as yet!! I am seriously going to get going on some soon. I do have a recipe for my own sweet and sour sauce somewhere, just have to find it, i am useless for losing things!! Diets going ok, having a bad couple of days this week where i feel like i cant be bothered with it, the first time i have really felt this way!! :( i am sure it will pass soon! I think we all get times like this!!

Looking forward to your new recipes, could do with some new ideas at the moment!!

emma, how could i forget you, me and sall kept wondering where you had got to, binny doesnt come on as much anymore :( But its good to have one of you back at least :) I am sure you will get back into it all, and you will feel so much better for it especially with the pcos, sall has that too so she might be able to give you a bit of advice with that!! A few of the girls on here have so you should get some help from somewhere!! How has today been did you start back on it??

Hey Rach, I haven't started taking the pills again yet as I was naughty and had a KFC on Monday so I'm waiting to be absolutely sure it's out of my system before starting up again. I only stopped taking them about two weeks ago because I had a mortifying 'accident' a couple of days after an Indian buffet, lol. Luckily I was at home, but I couldn't believe it. I've never reacted that badly before, and the side effects continued for about four days, so I stopped taking them just to get them out of my system. I think I'm a little scared to try again now, but I know I have to.

The medication the doctor gave me for my PCOS (Metformin) is supposed to help lose weight, but all it's done so far is bring back my monthly cycle, so I'm feeling all bloated and sluggish at the minute and I just want to stuff my face :(

I'll start taking the Xenical again tomorrow though. I've been advised to try low GI, so I'll try to incorporate that into it too. Nothing is ever straight forward! Lol.

Hope you're having a good week! :)

Honestly Emma i am not having the best of weeks this week, just cant get motivated at all :( Was at a wedding do yesterday, and today i just want to eat crap all day:( so i am sure i will have put on this week, which will be the first time since i started, so far have lost every week!! Will have to try and make tomorrow and sunday extra good!!

I had a bad few days once with the oils not nice at all, so glad you were at home though hun, i was too thankgod!!

Yeah I would have been so embarrassed if it happened in public! Luckily it was just after showering so I didn't ruin any clothes lol. It probably wasn't the worst thing that could have happened, but I was really shocked. But at least it'll make me extra careful from now on! Didn't manage to get the pills started today though, I've been naughty and had a takeaway. But I'm putting it down to TOTM, and after not having one for about four years, I'm really not having a good time with this one. I'm really emotional and moody and I just want to stuff my face and sleep all the time :( Hopefully going to get started on the pills properly once I'm back at my Uni flat on Tuesday. There's too much temptation at home at the minute, really not enjoying it :(

Don't worry if you gain a pound or two this week. You've done fantastically well so far, you're allowed a few slip ups along the way, just as long as you don't dwell on it. Get back on track for next week and stay positive! :) x

aww girls don't feel so bad on yourselves!!!!!

especially you Rach, youve helpd me and plenty others through the toughest of times, and when i was having bad days (and weeks) you was there for me !!

were all in this together, and a few slip ups are okay like emma said :) just do your best over the weekend and monday morning is a fresh start, i like to start fresh at the begginning of the week so just hold that thought!!

i can confidently say we are all doing great !!! and emma you will do too, as i think we may be around the same kind of age so i know how hard it is to resist temptation at uni, at home, even with the boyfriend munchin!! i had a slice of garlic bread with cheese last weekend, and uno it felt so good saying no to the rest of it!!!!

slow and steady wins the race xxxxxx

Thanks Jude, you and emma are right, i know its not the end of the world having a bad week they are going to happen from time to time!! Feeling a bit better about it all now!! :D Thats what i love about this site, people are positive even when you dont feel it yourself!!

Thanks Jude! I think you know exactly how I feel lol. I'm graduating in a couple of months, so I've got loads of stress coming up with assignment deadlines and exams... I think I'm going to really struggle to stay on the straight and narrow! My boyfriend is a pig, but he never puts any weight on, which is so unfair! He supports me though, so it's not too bad, but it's difficult to say no when I know he wants a takeaway lol. But it'll all be over soon, and I'll have to get one of those job things (hehe) so I'll not be so stressed and should be able to get myself into a proper routine. I should even be able to afford a gym membership, so I'm really excited about it :)

aww Rach - sorry you're having a bad week.

it's gonna happen to all of us - if we were just on a 6 week diet it would be so easy to stick to the rules.
when it stretches in front of you for months on end its a totally different ball game isn't it. :sigh:

As long as we just lose that bad week and start again we will all get there.

i was just looking at your chart Rach and you have done so so well hun:D

all your friends must be noticing that you're disappearing into thin air - so head up ...you're our
:talk017: STAR OF 2011 :talk017:

Last edited:
So sorry to hear you are all not having a great week, but you all know you can do this, and you are all a massive insertion to me, and everyone else here...

Keep going and keep losing those pounds!!!

Thanks everyone, :) today is going much better thankfully, me any my little girl did some baking while my son was at a party!! Normally i would dread this, but i got weight watchers lemon drizzle mini muffin cake mix, so we had great fun doing it, and i could have one afterwards as they are only 41 calories and 1g of fat! Going to look on the internet for some more low fat recipes!! Dont see why my kids should miss out on baking just because i am afraid i will be eating it, and it wont do them any harm to have something low fat either!!

Mrs A you make me smile, :D thank you for the lovely comments!! When i was at the wedding, a couple of my neighbours came over to me and said how great i look, one of them even said to not lose too much more as they wouldnt be able to see me lol, was lovely to hear!! It really made my night!!

Today has been a good(ish) day food wise, had :-

Breakfast - special k fruit and nut with milk
Lunch - meatballs and potato farls (2)
Snack - Lemon muffin -Weight watchers
Tea - quorn burgers

snacks - raspberries, jelly or yogurt!!

well today is my "bad day" and its pure and simply because i havent planned my foods properly, and being on a 10hour shift is so hard to plan out what to eat and not eat as dinners and breaks are at different times every week!! i really thought i would be okay today, but turns out i eat 348 cals over my limit........
BUT!!!! i kept under the fat...i will be better tomorrow and start a fresh monday!!

good idea Rach baking, its a good way to keep busy as well, im just not creative at all !! xx

your all great people, i can't believe how far weve all come im so proud!

Don't beat yourself up too much...

I really think you would benefit from the beck book... its really good.

Thanks girls, i have always been one of those that beat themselves up over everything, my hubby tells me off for it too, no confidence from years of being overweight, but i think i am slowly coming out of it!! Will have a look on amazon for that book kes, you could be right in saying that it would help, wont do any harm anyway!!

Def the beck book will help you give credit to yourself...

Back