MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

well done on this weeks loss!!! thats brill!! and 2lbs is no small loss!!!

bring on summer i say! lol

Thanks Kes!!

People are still noticing my loss, its great!! My sis in law nd her hair dresser were talking about it yesterday, i am the talk of the town :)

not had a good day today though, been eating way too much, not had over my fat allowance though, but calorie wise had way too much :(

Have to take my daughter tomorrow for an xray and check up on her perthes disease :( dreading it so much, just praying it all goes well!!

Hi anika, perthes is a disease in the hip where the hip bone/ball disintegrates because the blood supply to it has stopped. It does grow back eventually but the whole process can take years, and could need intervention!! so nervous as to what the xrays will show tomorrow!! :( My little girl has been in so much pain with it, its so hard on her!!

Hi there I just have a quick (to begin with). I'm just waiting for my appointment in regards to Xenical which my GP has suggested and wanted to know would I be able have meal replacement shakes on it? As I find it difficult most mornings to eat solid food

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds painful with what she's suffering from. Has she had key hole surgery to see what interventions may need to be taken.
I can sympathise with what she's going through when it comes to but in a different way (ive osteo hips down to toes back and upper body).

I hope health improves. God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hope it goes/went well, depending on when you are reading this...

i think we all need a good something... (just not sure what) to get us motivated again... i think this is the time of the year where diets just go.... ehhhh ill have this and that, and nothing really to push us in the right direction!!!... maybe fresh monthly challenges might be needed.... hmmm might be thinking about this more..

hope you are well anyway hun

Hope everything goes well at the hospital Rach! Let us know what happens! :)

Thanks everyone, not really sure how i feel today went :( i am going to get a second opinion i think!! She cant go on like this, having pain relief almost every night for a child isnt right!! The doctor said she isnt to run, skip, hop, jump etc, how do you stop a 5 and half year old doing all this??? If someone knows please tell me!! He never even said when she is to go back, useless!!

rach i am pretty bad at empathising but i hope everything is okay, put your little girl first the weightloss comes second to family xxx

Rachgleeson said:
Thanks everyone, not really sure how i feel today went :( i am going to get a second opinion i think!! She cant go on like this, having pain relief almost every night for a child isnt right!! The doctor said she isnt to run, skip, hop, jump etc, how do you stop a 5 and half year old doing all this??? If someone knows please tell me!! He never even said when she is to go back, useless!!

im sorry to say but doctors are pathetic, they make my blood boil. how can he/she not tell you when they need to see her again. it isnt a small matter ggrrrrrr

aaaaaarrrgggh iv put pound and half on this week. its so difficult keeping up with the pill when your on the move. does anyone have any tips on what i can have when im out.

starting work after 7yrs really is over whelming but im loving every minute of it. always wanted a job where i can help people now i finally have one that i can do with hours to suit me from home, but im
strugling with taking the pill when im out training.

what to do what to do???? sighs

what is it that you are doing? and what things are avaliable to have while you are out Anika???

Rach, you should let your hair down for the weekend, have a little of what you fancy, esp when you have so much going on, your family does come first (most of the time... but remember sometimes you come first too!!) and just relax the reins a little, deal with a gain if you have one, and then get back into it next week.. no one is going to judge you by letting yourself relax....:)

hope your little one is ok....

Kes said:
what is it that you are doing? and what things are avaliable to have while you are out Anika???

Rach, you should let your hair down for the weekend, have a little of what you fancy, esp when you have so much going on, your family does come first (most of the time... but remember sometimes you come first too!!) and just relax the reins a little, deal with a gain if you have one, and then get back into it next week.. no one is going to judge you by letting yourself relax....:)

hope your little one is ok....

hi kez iv started my own home based business in organic health care products working alongside an international company. iv used the products for about 5 yrs, i used to have terrible skin and my immune system was very weak until i started consuming the products, its the products thats attracted me to the company. its a great opportunity, especially for all the mums, working part time with the pontential to earn a full time income. my sister has been with the company for some yrs now. :) so i know that its great. if u want more info do let me know hon :)

the only healthy place to eat is subway that i can think of. i cant do salads :-(

Last edited:
Thanks so much Kes, i have to stop myself feeling so guilty all the time, thats my biggest problem, if i eat something i should i feel guilty and beat myself up about it!! I think i will relax and enjoy the weekend. I am tired out after yesterday, not had anything to eat today yet, have felt too stressed and tired. Will have something in a minute though!! I have been in touch with other hospitals about ruth so hoping they will get back to me soon!!

Anika subway do have somethings that are ok to have, once there is no cheese or mayo on, try a sweet chilli chicken sub!!

sorry to hear about your daughter Rach - poor wee soul :sigh:

it's awful when a youngster is in pain all the time - hope you get someone to help asap.

have a nice weekend hun and enjoy the party and bugger the diet just for one week.

my hubby had a lovely chicken tikka masala , rice and naan bread tonight and i felt so guilty cos i had a taste :eek: - gotta stop being so strict with myself or i'll go mad and put on loads of weight one of these days :eek:

Back