MY NEW YEARS XENICAL DIARY

nooooo, i've got 6lbs left of my first goal...I have a huge list of things I'm going to treat myself to along the way, going blonde for a bit was one of them...haven't been blonde since i was 17,thought it would be fun :)

sorry hun, but thats still fantastic anyway. :D Its a good idea to give yourself little treats long the way.

Ruth has gone to bed tonight with pains in her leg and dosed up on neurofen as calpol wouldnt work, the left one though which isnt affected by perthes, so either its because she is over compensating or which i dread is that its starting in the other, hopefully the first of the two.

Sorry your daughters not feeling well. I'm not sure what perthes is but i will look it up. I hope she has a good nights sleep, bless her.

Mandy

Thank you Mandy, looking it up is easier than me explaining it lol, i am useless when it comes to medical jargon!! She seems to be sleeping well now, she has had a tough week of sleepless nights which means i have too, so i dont think that has helped with eating healthy as i have been so tired but now she is sleeping better i am getting back on track!! :D

I have looked it up and it must be so hard for you all to cope with it. If she is having constant pain in one hip then she will be over compensating with the other to eleviate the pain. At least she is sleeping now and so should you, i'm off to tidy the kitchen then bed, night, night.

Mandy

Keep going Rachel it will all be ok in the end. Give her nurofen and calpol together . It's ok to do as one is an anti inflammatory and one a painkiller .

Thanks tfk, i do sometimes do that, but neurofen worked alone last night luckily!! So she is up and feeling ok this morning.

Feeling good this morning, so glad i resisted any temptation last night. Off out shopping for the kids school books later and hopefully i will get the chance to get a few tops for myself as i am running out of clothes now!! Great excuse or what lol!!

How's Ruth today hun? Getting Perthes in the other hip, is my worst nightmare!! It's not genetic, but there seems to be a lot of cases where the sibling gets it's too...whenever my youngest says his leg hurts, I keep checking the movement in his hip joint...I'm crazed lol!

My son's had his stitches out, and it's healing really nicely now.. hoping for him to go back to school next week sometimes, be nice for him to go back for a couple of weeks before they break up..see his new class room and teacher etc..

Hope you're having a nice day hun :)

Ruths not too bad today thanks, its mainly night time when she lies down in bed she seems to feel it more, fingers crossed it isnt bilateral, i am guessing she is just over compensating for her bad leg!! I know a lot of kids do, i was talking to some other perthes mums on facebook about it. One of the woman had it herself and now her 2 kids have it!! Its horrible, i had hip problems as a child but it wasnt perthes!! So glad to hear about your boy, he seems to be doing really well, a real fighter bless him!!

Had a good day but spent way too much lol, had to buy the kids their books for when they go back school which cost a bomb ]and then their uniforms too aargh, this country is such a rip off!! When they go back we also have to pay for arts and crafts and music, its crazy!!

well done rach thatsfab!! and over half way AND 20% lost thats such an achievement hun!!
Hope you have another good week :) x

It must be a great feeling to be at that point well done

Thanks girls, last month was a bad one but this is going to be a great one :D I am aiming to lose another stone by the time i go home to visit my family in August!! Some of them will be surprised as i havent seen them since January, apart from my parent who were over in april!!

Hi Rach - just popping in to say a BIG well done!!! It's all downhill from here (in a positive way! :))
Congrats on your 2lbs off as well - sometimes out bodies are a mystery aren't they? You think you've had a good week, and you gain, then you think you've had a bad week and you lose!
I guess it just proves that we need to keep plodding on, no matter what!
Have a great week x x

Well done Rach :clap: that's brilliant, i'm sure you will be able to hit your target for august.

Mandy

Well done Rach!!! :)

Back