My official 100% last weight loss journey ever!!!!

Wezzybird

Hello anyone reading:wave_cry:. I thought I would try writing my journey down on here as it makes it official and everyone on here seems so lovely and supportive to each other! I'm on my 6 day of s&s, not feeling too bad, just 'wanting' rather than actually being Hungary.
This isn't my first vlcd I lost 6 1/2 stone on LL in 20weeks going from a size 20 -8/10 about 7 years ago then had my little boy put back on 5 1/2 stone(what can I say I was pregnant while cadburys Creme eggs were in the shops lol) after him 3 stone just melted off then I shifted the rest back at LL but my body had changed shape and I wasn't happy so it slowly crept up then I had my daughter and rocketed up to 17 1/2stone. Stints on Cambridge,exante got me down to about 141/2 then I just gave up. Now here I stand at a nice plump 18st 8lbs struggling to get into a size 20!!
I can't go on like this, my legs are retaining fluid, I can't walk anywhere I'm even struggling to bend down and clean out my 10 lovely bunnies out. So here I am on s&s.
i must say I'm impressed with the flavours I love all the bars. I can honestly say 6 days in I feel better and my legs are no longer full of fluid. I'm due to be a bridesmaid at the end of may and hoping I can get a size 14 dress. Also I can't have another fat summer I hate being all hot and sweaty and covered from head to toe! So here's to a successful final journey into weight loss only about 8st to loose should be a breeze lol. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journeys :)I'll be back tomorrow with my first weigh in results x

Good luck for your weigh in hun! I started again at 18st 6 on 1st jan (currently 17st 11) and like you, one if my motivations for weight loss is fitting into a bridesmaids dress for a wedding in December. :)

Thank you willpowerwoman, my problem is the wedding isn't til end of may but the dress has to be ordered about 8 weeks in advance no idea what sze to get, might just buy a selection and sell the unsuccessful candidates on ebay lol. Well yesterday, day 7, wasn't my best day I hardly drunk any water and didn't have my last pack as my son is poorly and was preoccupied by him. So this morning feeling abit of a rumbly tummy. But having said that the results are in week I lost 12lbs which I'm pleased about :D x

Thank you willpowerwoman, my problem is the wedding isn't til end of may but the dress has to be ordered about 8 weeks in advance no idea what sze to get, might just buy a selection and sell the unsuccessful candidates on ebay lol. Well yesterday, day 7, wasn't my best day I hardly drunk any water and didn't have my last pack as my son is poorly and was preoccupied by him. So this morning feeling abit of a rumbly tummy. But having said that the results are in week I lost 12lbs which I'm pleased about :D x

12lbs is Fantastic well done.

Why don't u buy the dress in a size one size lower than u r now to not add extra pressure and then nearer the time get it taken in if u need too?

I've been discussing this in my diary recently as we went bridesmaid dress shopping last weekend and I bought a dress 2-3 (don't know my actual size). Sizes smaller, as I have until dec I intend to loose more than that but didn't want to add pressure and know that I can get it taken in if need be. I also know that if I aimed too far and had to get it taken out it would feel hideous!

It's very motivational too to try a bridesmaids dress on in the shop that doesn't fit and aim to get in it or even surpass it. The embarrassment of not fitting in the dress is motivating me massively and the delight I will feel if it needs taking in, even more so!

Thanks AdrianR I'd love to think I would be a 10 by may but my start weight is more this time so I think I'd be aiming abit high, but I will get there. Thank you too willpowerwoman.
I think because of the way this diet works,even with a little exercise if you stick to it 100% you will loose what you loose so it's hard to forecast your size by a set time so I'm just going to wait a couple of weeks before I decide what to do.
today has been ok felt abit rumbly really have to get some motivation with the water :-( I've felt a little light headed when standing up,I always get that when on a vlcd, More water is the key I think. I think my problem on a diet(especially as I have so much to loose) is I get stuck on how heavy I still am and not what I've lost and I look to far into the future and focus too much on the end result. As they say its time to stop waiting for the storm to pass and learn to dance in the rain. My aim is to enjoy the process,the weight loss, going through the sizes and hitting small goals of weight loss rather than thinking, god I've got 92 lbs to go. It will come just need to focus on getting there. Hope everyone else has had a good day x

Thanks AdrianR I'd love to think I would be a 10 by may but my start weight is more this time so I think I'd be aiming abit high, but I will get there. Thank you too willpowerwoman.
I think because of the way this diet works,even with a little exercise if you stick to it 100% you will loose what you loose so it's hard to forecast your size by a set time so I'm just going to wait a couple of weeks before I decide what to do.
today has been ok felt abit rumbly really have to get some motivation with the water :-( I've felt a little light headed when standing up,I always get that when on a vlcd, More water is the key I think. I think my problem on a diet(especially as I have so much to loose) is I get stuck on how heavy I still am and not what I've lost and I look to far into the future and focus too much on the end result. As they say its time to stop waiting for the storm to pass and learn to dance in the rain. My aim is to enjoy the process,the weight loss, going through the sizes and hitting small goals of weight loss rather than thinking, god I've got 92 lbs to go. It will come just need to focus on getting there. Hope everyone else has had a good day x

Completely agree lovely :) x

Hi :)

I am trying to enjoy the journey too. This is my first VLCD but gave tried lots of other diets around and I want this to be my last one. I know how to eat healthy I just have to put it into practise when I maintain

I am so looking forward to being thinner but I am enjoying moving through all the clothes sizes and trying to remember how many years ago it was that I was this size before.

You sound really motivated

Wow hamish's mum you have done really well,well done. I'm always secretly jealous of those doing a vlcd for the first time it's such an exciting journey because it actually works. As this is not my first it becomes abit of a chore even with the same great results, it's almost a been there done that feeling but my head is in the right place now I'm looking forward to being slim again. One of my problems was after having my first child I lost it all again but my shape had changed and I was a bit more wobbly than the fist time I lost,even at the same low weight so I got discouraged and slowly put on. But I'm over that now,there is too many good suck you in/firm you up pieces of underwear you can get now to worry lol. So bring on the wonder knickers and let 13 be the lucky number.lets get to where we want to be and stay there. Good luck with the rest of your journey x

Haha you always know its just going to be one of them days when the cat food smells nice lol. Did a major overhaul on the bunnies enclosure due to the snow. My knees wouldn't have coped with that a week ago amazing the difference 12lbs makes :) feeling good the results in the mirror will be along shortly. Hope everyone else is having a good day x

Well today has gone well, feeling fine. There is a question I was pondering over though. I have done vlcd diets before they bought in this you have to add a meal every 4 weeks. I did it solid for 20wks and was fine. When you add your meal do you still loose weight and are you hungry the next week back on 100% packs, do you loose more weight when back on only packs? If anyone of you wise s&s people could help me I would be grateful. I'm going to buy some resistance bands soon I found a good 1/2 hour work out on YouTube I might give a go I will join the gym in a few weeks I think I feel a bit to fragile for that at the moment(also I wouldn't like to be the person on the machine behind me while I'm wobbling around on the x trainer lol). Here's to another good day tomorrow x

Weigh in day today I can't do it yet the scales are round my mums lol, keeps temptation away. Did you know due to fluid your weight can fluctuate by around 7lbs through out the day. One of the little facts I learned at LL. I'm abit nervous because I am seriously struggling with the water. I've never been a big drinker so it's hard. Also I hate not getting anything done because I'm always on the toilet. Anyway got through two weeks no cheats. I get worried because I feel like I'm going great guns but I managed 3weeks on one stint felt great then just gave up??? Not this time though one day at a time. I'll update later on this weeks results. I can definatly feel I've lost weight when I'm sat in the bath and move from the bottom to the top I don't have to turn sideways to let the water past hahaha. Have a great day everyone x

Good luck with your weigh in today. Just registering an interest in your diary as I too have a lot to lose. But we can get there.

Thank you donjon. Goodluck on your journey. That's the great thing about a vlcd if you stick to it you WILL get there and probably exceed your expectations. Like I said before a day at a time and try not to look to far into the future as with me that's when I start to waver. I'd love to hear your progress :)

Well I've weighed myself.....-6lbs for week 2 that's -18lbs in two weeks. Really pleased.

Well done on your fab loss.

Thank you everyone I couldn't believe how much I lost in wk 2 I normally find I have a great 1st loss around 2-3lbs wk 2 then normally 3.5-4lbs there on. It's definatly a good boost. If I loose at least 4lbs this week I will have gone from the 18's to the 16's in just 3 weeks. Due to the snow I've been walking everywhere so that's a good thing I think il keep that up definatly. If I continued to loose 6lbs each week(unlikely I know but I can dream:) ) I would be at my goal weight for the wedding. It's such a nice feeling to know I am actually going to do it this time. I'm not thinking of food all the time only in a positive way like changes I have to make and providing my children with a healthy balanced diet(which to be fair they do, it's me with the problem). My problem is I make no effort, I don't often have actual meals I just snack on rubbish and eat the kids left overs, not good. Well this is going to be lucky 13 and the prospect of not having to go to the beach in jeans and covering top is so exciting. Wishing everyone a fab week xx

Well another good day. I had to remind myself to have my last pack. Dinner time pack was a bit of a disaster, I was so intent on sniffing the kids roast I burnt my pack lol,that will teach me. I'm really looking forward to this weeks weigh in. I'm really starting to get better at focusing on small goals rather than dreading the bigger picture which is a big turnaround for me. I still need to focus on water though, I'm terrible. That's why I love the spicy spaghetti as it makes me feel thirsty and I drink quite a bit with dinner but still I have to get my intake up. I might treat myself to a water flavouring next order.

Thank you. I'm pleased to report I'm wearing a pair of 18 jeans I haven't been able to get into for ages :). I accidentally had another midweek peek lol. Another 3lbs off whoo. I've only been on it not even three weeks and that's 21lbs!! It's quite possible I may loose 2 stone in a month, this is such a huge boost for me. I've never had such amazing results on a vlcd before and I've been round the abstinence block a few times! Looking forward to official weigh in on Saturday x

Well done, that's a fab result!!! I'm an experienced VLCDer too and like you, I'm always jealous if people doing it for the first time!

I'm following Exante (again) at the moment but switching to S&S in three weeks - can't wait! Your diary has really inspired me! Keep up the good work! Xx

Back