My path to a healthier and happier me!

Why oh why can't I stay on plan! Im going through a phase where I only stick to the plan when I'm feeling cr@p about myself. Put me in a lovely outfit, I feel great and the drive to follow the plan goes out of the window. Then later in the day I'm back to feeling cr@p :(

It's really annoying me cos I hate feeling like this!

I weighed last week and I was 11st 5.2lbs

Today I'm 11st 4.6lbs and l've lost 0.6lbs.

Relieved as I did 50% of SW. So now today is (fingers crossed) the time to get back on the horse and continue downwards xx

Evening All

My menu has been Extra Easy

Breakfast - Bacon Sandwich (HEB for Bread plus 3 syns as the bread was 100g) and 2.5tsp Ketchup (1.5syns)

Lunch - Blueberries wit 125g Greek Yogurt

Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognaise (sw receipe) with 70g cooked Pasta (I weigh it to help me have a guide) topped up with Cabbage and mushrooms

Snacks - Pineapple, 125ml Rose Wine (4.5syns)

Drinks - 1.75litres of Water

Total Syns - 9 Syns
HEA - Skimmed Milk
HEB - Wholemeal Bread

So Im back yet again!

Feeling very frustrated with myself as I just want to follow the plan without any hiccups. It's always a hurdle such as a meal out or a stressful day that takes me off plan. Then I come off plan and then struggle to get back.

I'm not promising myself anything bar taking each day at a time. I've got to work on SW becoming my lifestyle fully. So im taking baby steps xx

I'm off this week and im going to take advantage and restart.

Day 1

Hubby has working away for a few days so I'm sure he's going to want a takeaway. My plan is to have an Indian

Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge with Skimmed milk and blueberries

Lunch - Chicken Salad (Subway)

Dinner - Lamb Rogan Josh with salad and some rice (6 syns)

So Im back and this will be the final time!

I've gained some weight and I'm now starting at 11st 7.4lbs. It's scary how quickly the weight goes on!

I've never got on with EE (i always under up with a STS) so I'm sticking to mostly red days and green days with the odd EE when need arises.

I restarted Monday so here's my diary so far

MON 20/10 Red

B) Porridge (HEB), Skimmed milk (HEA) Blueberries

L) Shepherds pie mix (no mash)

D) Gammon Steak, SW chips (HEB) , Carrots and cabbage with bbq sauce (1)

S) 2 x custard creams (6.5)
4 x Teas (1)

Total Syns = 8.5

TUES 22/10 Green

B) Porridge (HEB) with Skimmed milk (HEA) and blueberries

L) Potatoe and Leek soup

D) SW Macaroni Cheese (HEA for the cheese) with mushrooms and carrots

4 x Teas (1)

Total Syns = 7.5

Yay nice to see you back. Would you have carrots & swede mashed or bns on your shepherds pie? I do like custard creams & good value syns I think :D

So today has been an excellent day!

I resisted the McD and now I've resisted home made choc chip fairy cakes and also Hubby's Pizza with sides!

Today's menu has been

B) Weetabix (HEB) with Skimmed milk (HEA)

L) Potatoe and Leek soup

D) 2 eggs, chips, mushrooms and chopped tin tomatoes

4 x Teas (1)
Muller Light After Dinner Mint Yogurts (Free)
Salt & Vinegar Snack a Jacks (5)

Total 12.5 syns

Last edited:
I'm so chuffed with myself.

I went for dinner in bakers café and had lunch there. I was totally SW focused and had a side salad with a Bacon sandwich on Brown bread, no butter with all fat removed. I treated myself with some Ketchup (1 syns)

I'm loving the feeling of being on plan, it's all positive with no feeling of failure :)

Yesterday was a very good day. My final food was

THURS 23/10 - RED

L) Bacon Sandwich (complete sw way) with Tomato sauce (1)

D) Chicken, onion and Cherry Tom skewers with a side of roasted carrots and celery. 1 slice of Tesco chilled Garlic bread (5.5)

4 x Teas (1)
Raspberries and clementines

Total 13 syns

Not sure what to do with the syns I haven't had.

My thoughts are to use them if I need them for the weekend. I usually find that the weekend is where all my hard work unravels. I usually end up eating out at a fast food restaurant. So my plan is to ear the lowest syn option and use my saved syns.

I have also decided last weekend I would keep chocolate to the weekends (i used to have chocolate daily and I always had too much). I haven't missed it so I've decided that I'm going to keep this up every week, no point going back when I haven't missed it.

Feeling very focused, I keep reminding myself of all the things I can have rather than looking at the restrictions

FRI 24/10 - UNDECIDED :D

Feeling indecisive about what to do today. TOTM has arrived with vengeance and day 1 is always the worse for me :(

I know I MUST plan otherwise I will end up having something that is completely off SW!

I am thinking of having the following which is looking like Green

L) Potatoe and Leek soup

D) Grill up - Bacon (HEB) eggs, mushrooms, baked beans and potato hash

Today is definitely going to be Green. Feeling yucky so just filling up on Fruit and keeping cooking simple.

B) Banana, grapes and blueberries

L) SW chips and BBQ sauce (1)

D) Is still planned to be a grill up with Bacon as my Healthy Extra being Bacon.

S) 2 x Choc chip Digestives (7)

I still have another B so might use that for a jam sandwich if I'm feeling hungry.

Back