My path to a healthier and happier me!

Yep green day is always good comfort food day, I like that from the morning food plan for the day has completely changed!!

Final log for today

B) Banana, grapes and blueberries

L) SW chips and BBQ sauce (2)

D) 2 eggs, 90g Bacon (HEB) baked beans and mushrooms

S) 2 x Choc chip Digestives (7)
4 x Teas (1)
Del monte orange juice ice lolly (4)
Bite of a fairy cake (2)

Total Syns = 16

So the weekend is here and I love Sat/Sun - my children are home and so is hubby but it also threatens to be tough with eating.

I usually find that Saturday is harder than Sunday. On Sunday I'll usually know what I'm eating and have Sunday planned. Saturday is more of a 'go with the flow'

Hubby and I was planning to take the girls to Southend fireworks but with TOTM being so heavy I don't think I'll be able to do lots of standing (don't you just hate gravity) nor can I really go on the rides. I think we may leave that for November.

Thinking maybe we will take them to bowling. I can then plan SW around it better :)

Usually I have the attitude "life is for living not dieting" but I feel for a short while I need to really consider SW when planning weekends. I need to learn to be able to stay on plan and not have the typical cycle good Monday to Friday Evening and then 'bad' Friday evening to Sunday night.

I know this isn't good for me physically and even more emotionally.

I agree weekends can be hard it's the 'need' to relax & have fun mentality.

my periods are very heavy & I've been flooding with clots, I went to the docs and my ovaries are failing, no idea how long they take to 'die'!!! But the doc said they will just stop, anyhow I did a bit of research and came across the Mooncup (do a search for it) and have bought one from Boots, I've not used it yet but I've got high hopes they are good for heavy periods.

have a good day whatever you do x

Thanks hun, think I'll do some research. It's really bad day 1 and 2 then it lightens up. Has been heavy since I had my girls.

I've got today all sorted :D

SAT 25/10 5

B) Grapes and yoghurt

L) Bacon Sandwich (HEB) with Tomato Ketchup (1) plus activia yogurt

D) Indian takeaway - Rogan Josh (6) with Rice (HEB) and salad.

We're going bowling but doing it between lunch and dinner so just going to stick to diet coke

Last edited:
Bowling was brilliant and I did treat myself, I was chuffed as I have saved 17.5 syns and thats without my daily 15 syns. So I have a total of 32.5 syns.

My spending of syns are

Large Glass Rose Zinfandel - 9
3/4 McD Mcflurry - 12 syns
Tea - 1 syns

Dinner

Indian Rogan Josh - 6.5 syns
Bombay Potatoe - 3.5 syns
Rice - Free

I didn't realise that rice wasn't a Healthy Extra B for Red so I had to call it an Extra Easy day. Unfortunately though I didn't find this out until 8pm so I appriciate there's no Superfree on my meals :confused:

Total 31 syns

Last edited:
2Today has been busy busy busy! Been a very lucky girl. Ended up in TK Maxx and ended up with 3 jumpers then hubby treated me to new pair of boots!

Food wise I'm going for Green

SUN 26/10 - GREEN

B) Fruit

L) JP with baked beans

D) SW chips with 2tbsp Fat Free Thousand Island dressing (1)

S) 60g sponge cake (8syns) staying away from them lol
Tea (1)

Total Syns = 10

Last edited:
Well I'm stuck in Lakeside and currently in Costco. Our10 min journey home is likely to take a hour to an hour and a half. The whole family is hungry so we've stopped off in the food court and horror of all horror they've run out of the old faithful Jacket Potatoe with Baked beans!!!!!!!

I've ended up having a Hot Dog which I know is calorie horrendous (500 cals)

I have used my Syns on ice cream which was 14 and the final 1 syn is for my sugar in the tea.

So today has been a 50/50 day.

Weigh in tomorrow!

So I've got that lovely feeling of success. Now I've got to keep it up as I always find that I take my foot off the pedal one the second week.

My attitude is that last week I didn't miss having LOADS of chocolate, biscuits and crisps, I didn't struggle and was happy with what I did have.... so with that in mind there's no point going back

Today I'm off to Bluewater with the girls and my mum. I know it will be healthy eating as my mum has been diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 so she's been following a healthy lifestyle.

My food menu is as follows

Week 2 - 28/10 GREEN

B) Weetabix (HEB) with Skimmed milk (HEA)

L) Jacket Potatoe with Baked beans

D) Chicken (HEB) Casserole with mash and veg

Thank you :D

Today I didn't end up in Bluewater. The traffic was horrendous!

I didn't do chicken casserole as I find when I have a JP with baked beans I don't fancy anything heavy in the evening

Today has been

B) Weetabix (HEB) with Skimmed milk (HEA)

L) JP with baked beans and salad

D) SW Chips with BBQ sauce (2)

S) Tea (1)
Del Monte Orange Ice Lolly (4)
20g Haribo Sweets (3.5)

Total Syns 10.5/15
Carry Over Syns 4.5

Last edited:
I've got a cold threatening me and just have that horrible sluggish/tired feeling.

Feeling a little disorganised with my Healthy Extra's as I'm finding I don't always want them or need them. I think I'll have to have a look at the HEB and see what else I can have.

WED 29/10 - EXTRA EASY

B) 2 x clementine with Activia yogurt

L) SW Beef Ragu with pasta

D) Seasoned chicken with Potatoe with veg

Not sure what I'm going to do with my HEB.

Last edited:
So dinner ended up different - hubby isn't in the mood to eat so I ended up cooking a meal for the kids and turned today into Green

B) Activia yogurt with 2 clementines

L) SW Beef Ragu (HEB) with Pasta and Activia Yogurt

D) Roasted vegetables (carrots, onions and mushrooms) 1 egg and SW chips with bbq sauce (2)

S) 2 x Activia Yogurt
Grapes
Tea (1)
1 x Choc chip Digestives (3.5)

Total Syns = 6.5/15
Carry Over = 13

Last edited:
Morning :)

I've been looking at Heathly Extra B's and I believe Alpen Light Bars are back! Whoop whoop yay!

This is the solution for me :) as it means I can have my HEB, stay with the plan and have a snack either after work or in the evening without using so many high syns :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Back