My progress from restarting through to Xmas

Woo hoo! Lost all of my holiday weight as of this morning plus an extra 0.8 pounds and am down to 15st 12lbs exactly this morning. So that's a 7.2lb loss from when I restarted on Monday (having put on 6.4lbs in my week off) and 0.8lbs lower than where I got to last time. Really satisfying seeing the weight come off this week given that I had only lost half a pound the week before I took my break and only 5 pounds in 3 weeks which believe me was NOT satisfying. Still 4 days away from weekly WI so being greedy now and hoping for at least another couple of pounds by then (pretty please :) ).

Woo hoo! Lost all of my holiday weight as of this morning plus an extra 0.8 pounds and am down to 15st 12lbs exactly this morning. So that's a 7.2lb loss from when I restarted on Monday (having put on 6.4lbs in my week off) and 0.8lbs lower than where I got to last time. Really satisfying seeing the weight come off this week given that I had only lost half a pound the week before I took my break and only 5 pounds in 3 weeks which believe me was NOT satisfying. Still 4 days away from weekly WI so being greedy now and hoping for at least another couple of pounds by then (pretty please :) ).

Grats on getting into the 15 stone area! :D
I'm sure you'll lose a few more pounds by your next WI.

Grats on getting into the 15 stone area! :D
I'm sure you'll lose a few more pounds by your next WI.

Thanks! I'm sure you'll do great too if you can stick to it. When I did a VLCD last time (ashamed to say that I put most of it back on during the intervening 5 years :eek:) most of the guys who were doing it at the time lost amazing amounts every week. I did 5 stone in 16 weeks on LT last time although this time it's not going quite as well as that and I have had a break too but still hope to have done over 4 stone by Xmas. You could probably get to goal in about 12 weeks I think. It sounds like a long time but the time flies by when you look back. And what's 12 weeks out of your life when you consider how fab you feel when you get to goal and feel slim and healthy? I know that's how I felt last time and want to get that feeling again rather than wake up in the morning and feel fat and unfit. Some people say that you can be fat and happy but I know that actually I can't.

Have to admit I'm a daily weighing addict (can't help myself :) ) but some people manage to stay off the scales until weekly WI or even longer so that they get more of a surprise and don't stress about the odd days when the scales don't seem to move.

Was going to order some more banana bars as they're really yummy but I just did a 'stock take' of what I already have (packs are all shoved into a drawer in the kitchen) and I have enough of everything for the next 8 weeks :)eek: how the hell did that happen). Still a little bit tempted as I won't be at goal by then. What's the lowdown on delivery these days. When I did my last order I got free delivery but I can't seem to make that work now, or am I missing something?

Just had a yog and lemon bar for lunch to make a change and it was really nice. Hadn't remembered how nice that one was.

Planning on soup and a little bit of salad for evening meal but might end up being spag bol again :)

Thanks! I'm sure you'll do great too if you can stick to it. When I did a VLCD last time (ashamed to say that I put most of it back on during the intervening 5 years :eek:) most of the guys who were doing it at the time lost amazing amounts every week. I did 5 stone in 16 weeks on LT last time although this time it's not going quite as well as that and I have had a break too but still hope to have done over 4 stone by Xmas. You could probably get to goal in about 12 weeks I think. It sounds like a long time but the time flies by when you look back. And what's 12 weeks out of your life when you consider how fab you feel when you get to goal and feel slim and healthy? I know that's how I felt last time and want to get that feeling again rather than wake up in the morning and feel fat and unfit. Some people say that you can be fat and happy but I know that actually I can't.

Have to admit I'm a daily weighing addict (can't help myself :) ) but some people manage to stay off the scales until weekly WI or even longer so that they get more of a surprise and don't stress about the odd days when the scales don't seem to move.

I hope I cna get there in 12 weeks, I do the same as you with the scales thing.. I checked a few time's today and it says I lost 3 pounds already! not shocked seeing as I burned of more than I ate in just one bike ride the other day ROFL!

They do charge for postage now it seem's, I had to pay as well but it's not too bad I guess.

Lucky you have 8 week's worth, i'm on the opposite side of that and dreading I might not have enough but I'll get around it somehow (probably order a few sachets until I get paid), think i'm having a small salad for a change tonight. (hopefully all the ingredients are okay).

Down to 15st 10.2lbs this am and reached my next goal which was to get below 100kg (and I'm at 99.9 :) ). Can't believe how quickly the weight is coming off this week given how much I struggled in the 3 weeks before taking my break. So since I restarted last Monday at 16st 5.2lbs I've lost a total of 9lbs in 6 days. Can't believe it! Now onto my next goal which is to lose 2 stone. 4.2lbs away from that one.

That's really good - and raises an interesting idea about upping calories temporarily to kickstart the weightloss again. If my losses become really slow I might think about adding a meal for a few days (protein and veg) rather like with Cambridge SS+ and see if that sets things in motion again. Hopefully it won't come to that though :)

That's really good - and raises an interesting idea about upping calories temporarily to kickstart the weightloss again. If my losses become really slow I might think about adding a meal for a few days (protein and veg) rather like with Cambridge SS+ and see if that sets things in motion again. Hopefully it won't come to that though :)

I did a bit more than protein and veg ;) You can easily do a protein / veg meal with the same calories as one of the packs. A bit of plain fish plus Atkins stage 1 vegs should easily come in around 150 calories and with carbs low enough to keep you in ketosis. I'm planning on that approach when I start refeeding as it's what I did last time.

I honestly do think that the break kick started my metabolism again. Not only did I enjoy the break / holiday but it's just been so easy to get the weight off that I put on, and then get more off. Almost like the weight losses we see when people start from scratch (bearing in mind I only had a 6 day break).

When I did LT last time after I completed my 4 months and lost 5 stone I started a low carb / calorie diet and was losing in the region of a couple of pounds a week. I then upped the calories a little and added fruit into the diet (which took me out of ketosis) and was then losing about a pound a week. When I got bored with only losing a pound a week I went back onto LT 'for a month to get rid of the last stone'. I caved after 2 weeks :p but in my first week back on it I lost 6lbs which is far more than I expected given that I was only a stone away from goal. I wasn't losing 6lbs when I was on LT 100% in the latter stages (more like 3lbs a week at best).

Maybe why that's why some of the diets have an add a meal week, or suggest a break after a certain period? I think most people try to resist as they think that they need the break from 'proper' food to sort their head out and I did wonder whether I could get back onto this after I had a break but it's been surprisingly easy. Everyone's different though so I'm not recommending what I did, and nor do a lot of people have the slow losses that I had either. Girlsbig98 has stormed through her weight losses with no issues for example.

Fab news on your losses and achieving a goal. You're blog is really useful to me, I identify with the add a meal to boost the metabolism. Don't know why it works, just glad it does as it is an excuse to eat with permission.

I identify with the add a meal to boost the metabolism. Don't know why it works, just glad it does as it is an excuse to eat with permission.

The trick is to ensure that you contain whatever you eat as a general rule otherwise you will be in non diet mode and not losing anything ;)

Stayed the same at 15st 10.2lbs this morning but I'm fine with that as I can't expect to lose every day (much as I might like to ;) ).

Everyday weighing can be a de-motivator. It'll be the grand weekly wi which'll show the differences in your siggy. (& on you, of course)
I'll be pleased when my 1st stone comes off.

I'm too much of an addict to only weigh weekly ;). I'm sure you'll lose your first stone by next WI vj.

Down to 15st 9lbs this am at weekly WI so that's a loss of 6.2lbs this week and I'm now nearly 4 pounds lighter than when I took my break. Pretty pleased with that and with a good trailing wind hope to hit 2 stone lost at next WI :)

Well done on your fab loss this week! x

Going ok this week so far and down to 15st 7.2lbs this am so that's 1.8lbs less than WI last Wed. Got 4 days to do another 1.2lbs this week making 2 stone lost in total. Fingers crossed!

Back