My progress from restarting through to Xmas

Good luck, should be easy in 4 days!

Should be but there was a week where I only lost 0.5lb and I managed that in the first 3 days too.

Down to 15st 6.4lbs this morning so -2.6lbs for the week so far and only 0.4lbs off 2 stone lost which is my next goal. Still 3 days until next WI so hopefully I will make 2 stone this week :), and then looking forward to getting into the 30s in terms of pounds lost, and on my weigh to 3 stone down (pun intended ;)).

Have a friend's 40th birthday meal to attend on Friday so going to try to have a protein based salad (or something similar like grilled fish) to keep in ketosis and no alcohol :). Can't find a menu online though to plan things in advance!

Woo hoo, reached my goal of 2 stone lost as of this morning. :) 15st 5.8lbs. Still 2 days until WI!

Grats! for some reason I have been 16 stone for 4 days now... 0_o

You lost 3 weeks worth of weight in the first week ;). Sometimes things go like that. I didn't have a great weight loss in week 2 but it picked up in week 3. Most people seem to have a slow weight loss in week 3. We're all different. Still a few more days to go until WI so hopefully you will start to lose by then.

can you feel a big difference yet?

Well I don't feel a huge difference yet to be honest but I can see from the clothes I am now wearing that I've lost weight. When I did a VLCD a few years ago I kept some notes and wrote that I felt slimmer when I hit 3 stone lost so hopefully once I've lost another stone I will start to feel slimmer. 3 stone was also when people I hadn't told I was doing the diet started noticing.

Are you honest when people start asking how you are losing the weight? I can't bring myself to admit I'm doing a vlcd to everyone because of the remarks that follow. Easier to for me to lie.
Well done on doing so well, nearly 2 stone down!

vj said:
Are you honest when people start asking how you are losing the weight? I can't bring myself to admit I'm doing a vlcd to everyone because of the remarks that follow. Easier to for me to lie.
Well done on doing so well, nearly 2 stone down!

I was worried at first to tell people I was doing this but then eventually told everyone, some didn't like it but more importantly some support me and I don't mind some people not liking it in exchange for support from others! :)

Sent from my Blade using MiniMins

I haven't really told anyone im on this diet ... it wasn't just for weight loss I went on it I got so sick of aving a bloated stomach every time I ate ans used to get a lot of stromah cramps my dr put it down to IBS I tried cutting out bread but that didnt seem to help as I wasn't getting any fibre I ended up constipatedf and still bloated ... its so nice not to look 6 months pregnant and no stomach cramps !!I plan to do low carb in a few weeks after I reach goal !thanks for the ketongenic food list Ilikepencils ~ thats great will print that out ! :)

Well done on your 2 stone loss!
I think if it's people you see regularly you kinda have to tell them because you lose so rapidly that people start gossiping that you're ill :rolleyes:

I don't care if people know to be honest. I've told people at work and if people ask I tell them too. I've never been judged - people have just been supportive and can see it's working. Never had someone tell me it's a bad thing, either this time round or last time when I did LT. And if people don't like it then tough! My life, my choice.

WI tomorrow! :)

Down to 15st 4.8lbs at WI this am making a total of 4.2lbs this week so well pleased with that :)

I'm a bit of a daily weighing addict first thing in the morning and sometimes the scales show a loss and sometimes they stay the same but this morning they went up by half a pound which although I know sometimes happens it has never happened to me before. Hoping I can lose it PDQ so that I get a reasonable loss in the coming week.

Anything can be blamed for a tiny gain. It could be your scales need aligning? I have to move my out to weigh each week & weigh a couple of times just to check their accuracy.
At least you know that you haven't guzzled a big cake . Should be gone by your next wi.

Thanks vj. I think the scales are ok. They're usually pretty accurate and they're on a hard surface. Anyway, the scales went down this morning and I'm now half a pound lighter than Wednesday's WI.

A friend's 40th birthday meal today though so hoping I can stick to protein and salad and that it doesn't affect this week's weight loss too much.

Back