My Pulse

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Today I went to Lloyds to get my 28 day check up (which is a week late, oops)

Anyway... my BP has gone from high to normal :D

and... the nurse (or pharmacist, whatever) went "you have a very low pulse" I asked her what it meant and she went "your pulse is slow" (OK... So she just repeated what she intially said and didn't seem to know what it meant herself!)

After getting back to work.. thinking a "low pulse" is probably just as bad as a high BP :cry:... I popped down to my Personal trainer in the gym and told him... well asked him what it meant...

He said a "normal resting pulse" should be around 65-90 for an adult.. I told him that mine was 59 and waited for him to get the life support machine out and he went ":eek: high performance athletes have a pulse between 40-60. mine is around 45-50.. the lower ur resting heart rate, the better... obviously it shouldn't get too low... too low being below 40... but you are obviously getting much fitter because your body needs to use next to no energy just to keep the blood pumping"

Well... it wasn't what I expected... but it just goes to show that going to the gym 3 times a week is proving helpful :D:D:D:D

Who cares if I only lost a measly pound this week ;)

Hmm... Just thought I'd share that :D

Thats good news Claire, I have heard another girl on here say that when I first started LL, it encouraging.

Brilliant! My resting pulse is 105 so i should be slim, it's as if i am permanently jogging.

My pulse always used to be around the 100 mark!! but lately it's been in the 70s... seems this weight loss agrees... and Claire... the gym 3 times a week!!! Go Girl!!!

That's great news Claire and such a boost to know you are not only getting slim but healthy too, well done!

Gx

My pulse always used to be around the 100 mark!! but lately it's been in the 70s... seems this weight loss agrees... and Claire... the gym 3 times a week!!! Go Girl!!!

Kickin butt so that I can get into the skirt with decent legs by my birthday in mid-june!!! x

100 to 70 is gr8 !! :D:D

Back