My Reasons for Staying Focussed on this Path - May Offend!

Mrsfeeneytobe

Silver Member
Firstly I'd like to apologise to anyone that may be offended in any way...but these are MY personal reasons for this journey and what with being forced to do nothing but rest due to my crappy foot, I've had plenty of time to let my mind wander and just want to jot these down for my support...and hopefully some giggles along the way :D

Interested to see what your reasons are out there? It's your journey too!

Heres goes...."My Reasons for Losing Weight & Stay Focused"

1. Most important - to not be out of breath after every activity (already feeling the benefits)
2. To being able to cut/paint my toenails with ease...and not be suffocating on the fat rolls in between
3. Being able to look down and see my pubic hairs... Although this won't become a new past-time of mine it will be an indication that I no longer have a belly like I'm pregnant when I'm not?
4. To be able to go in a clothes shop and not automatically head for the 'larger department' with the 'tent like structures they call clothes'
5. To be happy seeing photos of myself - should anyone desire to take any of me!
6. For my future husband to be able to pick up me without needing medical care afterwards
7. To look at myself in the mirror and be happy with what looks back at me - at the moment this alien person I don't recognise is wearing MY clothes and I'm not convinced its me!
8. To have the possibility of feeling sexy again - should the need arise, it's not first on my list!
9. To wear a bikini - even if only around my flat and for myself!
10. To be able to sit comfortably on aeroplane seats with the seatbelt still having plenty of length left & have the armrests not be pushed up by my thunder thighs (rather than getting wedged and complaining that all average sized plane seats have conspired against me)
11. To go into a changing room holding size 12-14 clothes on hangers...
12. The possibility of running for a bus and not needing major resuscitation!
13. To not feel so self conscious and believe that people staring at my wobbly legs and large bum when I waddle past
14. People not staring at my large boobs (mind you I've always had the boobage but it would be nice to not to feel like I'm strapping down floating devices that won't stay down!)
15. To be able to explore the normality that is the pool or beachside without being wrapped in swathes of sarongs & cover ups whilst pretending not to sweat profusely.
16. Not putting the weight back on by treating myself to food treats...it doesn't work!
17. Being able to cross my legs when I'm sitting (rather than attempting to do so and feeling like someone has purposely put a large inflatable between your legs!)
18. Laying down flat without my body parts spreading further than they really should - mostly boobage again here!
19. Not having the dreaded thigh rub whenever I'm even the slightest bit warm
20. Not worrying about getting older and needing a chair lift, new knees, hips, lyposuction, hoists, eight men to lift me onto a stretcher (should the need arise)
21. To look attractive and have my OH feel proud to have a hot chick on his arm - even if it is in my head only!
22. Fit into a beautiful size 10-12 wedding gown for our big day!
23. To be fit and healthy for future baby making!
24. Fit into a pair of regular jeans for the first time in about 18years!

Sooooo......there's my list...I'm sure it'll be added to/tweaked etc...but for now...these are my random thoughts!

how about you fellow Lipotrimmers out there? If anything, it can be lighthearted or serious...no judgement round here :)

Firstly I'd like to apologise to anyone that may be offended in any way...but these are MY personal reasons for this journey and what with being forced to do nothing but rest due to my crappy foot, I've had plenty of time to let my mind wander and just want to jot these down for my support...and hopefully some giggles along the way :D

Heres goes...."My Reasons for Losing Weight & Stay Focused"

1. Most important - to not be out of breath after every activity (already feeling the benefits)
2. To being able to cut/paint my toenails with ease...and not be suffocating on the fat rolls in between
3. Being able to look down and see my pubic hairs... Although this won't become a new past-time of mine it will be an indication that I no longer have a belly like I'm pregnant when I'm not?
4. To be able to go in a clothes shop and not automatically head for the 'larger department' with the 'tent like structures they call clothes'
5. To be happy seeing photos of myself - should anyone desire to take any of me!
6. For my future husband to be able to pick up me without needing medical care afterwards
7. To look at myself in the mirror and be happy with what looks back at me - at the moment this alien person I don't recognise is wearing MY clothes and I'm not convinced its me!
8. To have the possibility of feeling sexy again - should the need arise, it's not first on my list!
9. To wear a bikini - even if only around my flat and for myself!
10. To be able to sit comfortably on aeroplane seats with the seatbelt still having plenty of length left & have the armrests not be pushed up by my thunder thighs (rather than getting wedged and complaining that all average sized plane seats have conspired against me)
11. To go into a changing room holding size 12-14 clothes on hangers...
12. The possibility of running for a bus and not needing major resuscitation!
13. To not feel so self conscious and believe that people staring at my wobbly legs and large bum when I waddle past
14. People not staring at my large boobs (mind you I've always had the boobage but it would be nice to not to feel like I'm strapping down floating devices that won't stay down!)
15. To be able to explore the normality that is the pool or beachside without being wrapped in swathes of sarongs & cover ups whilst pretending not to sweat profusely.
16. Not putting the weight back on by treating myself to food treats...it doesn't work!
17. Being able to cross my legs when I'm sitting (rather than attempting to do so and feeling like someone has purposely put a large inflatable between your legs!)
18. Laying down flat without my body parts spreading further than they really should - mostly boobage again here!
19. Not having the dreaded thigh rub whenever I'm even the slightest bit warm
20. Not worrying about getting older and needing a chair lift, new knees, hips, lyposuction, hoists, eight men to lift me onto a stretcher (should the need arise)
21. To look attractive and have my OH feel proud to have a hot chick on his arm - even if it is in my head only!
22. Fit into a beautiful size 10-12 wedding gown for our big day!
23. To be fit and healthy for future baby making!
24. Fit into a pair of regular jeans for the first time in about 18years!

Sooooo......there's my list...I'm sure it'll be added to/tweaked etc...but for now...these are my random thoughts!

how about you fellow Lipotrimmers out there? If anything, it can be lighthearted or serious...no judgement round here :)

Number 3 did make me laugh! Totally with you on the thigh rub though! Ouchie :-(

ROFL Mrs!

Quite a list, and I'm loving it! I found it very therapeutic to write my reasons down too. Made them real and not just wishes in my head that were never going to come true. Great to keep you focussed, especially when you're having a tough day!!

On point no 3 strangely...
Only last week I noticed that I'd lost quite a lot of weight in that area (part of the saggy inner thigh syndrome) and whether it looked like that before (I doubt but have no frame of reference) it seems rather alien and very different now. I was going to say I will have to get re-acquainted, but it sounds very wrong :( Oh shucks I did say it lol. Sometimes I think that the odd, less obvious changes are the most amazing part of this journey, a journey which is well worth taking! x x x

#3 is on my list - been in my sig for a long time lol. :D

Ha ha - that made me laugh but I can relate in so many ways!

I just need to get my confidence back. When I am fat I withdraw myself. I don't want people to see me because I think they are talking about me and saying how much weight I've put on. I feel ugly and un-sexy. I have stopped going to the gym because I feel self conscious. I won't go swimming because I hate to see myself in a swimsuit - and why do they feel the need to put a full length mirror at the entrance to the pool?!

But my main reason is to keep hold of my fella because I swear he will be walking out the door if I carry on with this depression about my weight - which I tend to take out on him when I don't lose any on other diets. He did say to me the night before my first weigh in that he is leaving the country if I haven't lost anything!! In a joking way I know but I do put him through it a bit! He is happy when I'm happy and nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!

Ah, I think they're fine reasons and definitely not offensive in anyway!

I can relate to the majority of them - especially the wedding and the baby bit :D

Nicola x

ROFL Mrs!

Quite a list, and I'm loving it! I found it very therapeutic to write my reasons down too. Made them real and not just wishes in my head that were never going to come true. Great to keep you focussed, especially when you're having a tough day!!

On point no 3 strangely...
Only last week I noticed that I'd lost quite a lot of weight in that area (part of the saggy inner thigh syndrome) and whether it looked like that before (I doubt but have no frame of reference) it seems rather alien and very different now. I was going to say I will have to get re-acquainted, but it sounds very wrong :( Oh shucks I did say it lol. Sometimes I think that the odd, less obvious changes are the most amazing part of this journey, a journey which is well worth taking! x x x

I bet you just couldn't help yourself and had to check didn't you? PmPmsl

im loving the list thing...makes me smile, laugh and remember why I'm enduring bad breath and the furry mouth haha!

Ah, I think they're fine reasons and definitely not offensive in anyway!

I can relate to the majority of them - especially the wedding and the baby bit :D

Nicola x

Wasnt sure how sensitive to no3 peeps would be...but it's true and funny!

No8 will deffo help with the baby making....and all the practice we'll have to do **blush**:p

#3 is on my list - been in my sig for a long time lol. :D

No3 is funny...but so true! Might name that area seen as we'll be seeing more of each other as the pounds fall off lol

I have to agree with you, this made me smile and makes me want to carry on.

I have to say my reasons are 80% of what you said minus getting married :) I hope you reach your goal for this big day!
Plus I am tiered of all the dreadful holiday pictures where I am all sweaty,red in the face and just a big o'l round ball! It would be nice to look good in my Holiday pictures in May!
As well as being able to go Surfing once again.

Good luck everyone.

Mrs F that is a fantastic list :D i love it

totally loving the list :) x

Here's a few of my reasons (not as extensive and well thought out as your list but nevertheless!):

1) To be able to look at myself sideways in the mirror and not see a big belly sticking out that shouldn't be there. And not to have to 'suck it in' any more!
2) To feel confident enough to start going out on the weekends again and start looking for a new man (I split up with my fella at xmas who I'd been with for 9 years and don't have the confidence yet to start dating...)
3) To get rid of the double chin. My most HATED thing about myself. It's all I see when I wash my face in the morning and I'm sick to death of it! And I'm so conscious of it all the time and think it's what everyone is staring at when they talk to me.
4) To be able to fit into my 'skinny' clothes again.
5) To have enough energy and confidence to go jive dancing again - it used to be one of my favourite pasttimes!
6) I work in an office where I am the only girl and there are four guys. I'd like it if I wasn't the chubby office girl any more but the hot office chick!
7) To feel good enough about myself to wear dresses again instead of leggings and loose tops to try and cover up my belly and thighs.
8) To actually look forward to the summer and being able to wear nice summer-appropriate clothes for the first time in years.
9) To stop being jealous of every skinny girl that I see in the street and instead being able to say to myself "I'm one of them"!
10) Just to look my best generally instead of thinking about my weight constantly and letting it dominate my life.

That's all I've got up to now!

They're FAB reasons Kozza! You can do it! x x x

Here's a few of my reasons (not as extensive and well thought out as your list but nevertheless!):

1) To be able to look at myself sideways in the mirror and not see a big belly sticking out that shouldn't be there. And not to have to 'suck it in' any more!
2) To feel confident enough to start going out on the weekends again and start looking for a new man (I split up with my fella at xmas who I'd been with for 9 years and don't have the confidence yet to start dating...)
3) To get rid of the double chin. My most HATED thing about myself. It's all I see when I wash my face in the morning and I'm sick to death of it! And I'm so conscious of it all the time and think it's what everyone is staring at when they talk to me.
4) To be able to fit into my 'skinny' clothes again.
5) To have enough energy and confidence to go jive dancing again - it used to be one of my favourite pasttimes!
6) I work in an office where I am the only girl and there are four guys. I'd like it if I wasn't the chubby office girl any more but the hot office chick!
7) To feel good enough about myself to wear dresses again instead of leggings and loose tops to try and cover up my belly and thighs.
8) To actually look forward to the summer and being able to wear nice summer-appropriate clothes for the first time in years.
9) To stop being jealous of every skinny girl that I see in the street and instead being able to say to myself "I'm one of them"!
10) Just to look my best generally instead of thinking about my weight constantly and letting it dominate my life.

That's all I've got up to now!

Brilliant reasons and ones I can deffo relate to! You'll be there soon looking at this list with pride at having achieved your goals xx

All very valid reasons!!

My reasons:
1) To feel healthy and happy about myself inside and out instead of pretending I like being the 'fat/jolly' friend.
2) To shop in normal clothes shops and ditch Evans and Simply Be!
3) To save myself some money (has anyone ever noticed how expensive bigger clothes are?)
4) To hopefully gain some confidence back as my weight gain has shattered all the confidence I did have.
5) To feel sexy when in bed with my boyfriend and not like a beached whale having to cover all those wobbly bits.
6) To shop in lingerie shops knowing the assistant isn't secrectly laughing at the whale who wants nice/sexy underwear.
7) To make myself and my family proud and to encourage my mum (who could also do with losing weight) that it IS possible and she should try it.
8) To fit into a size 12 bikini by the time the end of July comes as I go on my very first holiday! Woohoo
9) To avoid getting chub rub as I call it (chapped sore thighs)
10) To run up and down the stairs without stopping inbetween to get my breath back.
11) To enjoy being in photo's again!

These are just some I whipped up after reading all these comments, they are in no order.. just order they popped into my head really.
I started my journey weighing a shocking 17st10lbs.. lost 17lbs by myself before Lipotrim and now weigh 45lbs lighter in total all together - we can do it! :)
Hoping to be a size 12 by holiday as mentioned so fingers crossed for me, only 8/9 more weeks until refeed!!

I have the same reasons and that I'm going on a life time holiday in July and I just wanna b comfortable instead of sweaty and uncomfortable due to my size. I want my family to he proud of me I'm the biggest one and I want to be able to wear dresses without feeling so uncomfortable. :)

Yep I know the holiday reason very well....lost a load of weight for mine and OHs dream first holiday 2 years ago.....then we went back to the same place over Xmas and I was huge and it wasn't fun hiding away....there are no pics of me from that how....and I'm not doing again!

your family at already proud of you for recognising that there's something making you unhappy and being strong enough to deal with it....however the long or short the journey is....take pride in what you've done so far...and you'll be there in a jiffy! Xx

Just had a look at my list again as a reminder as to why I'm not drinking wine or having a takeaway right now....think its helping :D

Back