My recipe suggestions

lilacwine

Hi all

Thought I would post a few of my own recipes that I've tried and pointed. If you try them, do let me know if you like them:

Normandy Pork Fillet - 5pp (my working out)
Recipe
Spray of oil
200g pork fillet cut into medallions or lices about 1cm thick and flattened a little with a meat mallet
1/2 apple
1 shallot
1 clove garlic
125ml dry cider
2tblspns half fat creme fraiche

Heat the oil in non stick frying pan. Fry the pork pieces on both sides until they are cooked through. May need to be done in batches.
Once the pork is cooked, set aside then add shallot and apple to the pan. Cook until golden. Add the garlic. Cook until it smells fragrant. Add the cider - bubble up hard for 2-3 mins to reduce the liquid. Turn down the heat and add the creme fraiche, stirring well. Add the pork to the sauce, coating it well and season. Serve!

Dinner
Chicken Curry - Serves 6 - 12pp each including rice (recipe has own rice recipe so I ignore that and use my own and I've added 2 more points to allow for this)
500g passata
1-2 tblspns hot curry paste
400g cooked boneless tandoori or tikka chicken breasts
150ml 0% Greek yoghurt
1/2 tspn caster sugar
Salt and pepper

Pilau Rice

Place Passata in small pan, with curry paste and heat gently.

Add chicken and yoghurt to tomato mixture and bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins until warmed through. Stir in sugar and season to taste.

Italian Stuffed Chicken - 11pp per person
2tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes (or olives if you prefer)
1 garlic clove
1/2 tspn dried mixed herbs
200g light Philly
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 ripe tomatoes
drizzle of olive oil

Heat oven to 220/fan oven 200/gas 7

Beat olives or sundried tomatoes, garlic and almot all the herbs into the cheese, then season. Cut a slit along the side of each chicken breast and open into a pocket. Stuff each breast with a quarter of the cheese mix, then press to close. Lit onto greased baking tray. Season top of the chicken, then overlap tomato slices over the top. Season, scatter with remaining herbs and drizzle with oil. Roast for 20 mins until chicken is golden round the edges. Serve with veg or salad.

just wanted to say thank you so much for your recipe i cooked this last night and it was delicious ,even my other half liked it! i only started WW yesterday and being allowed to have meals like that makes it easier ,ill be giving your other recipes a try during the week too ,so thanks again x

Thanks Lilacwine. May try the pork when in France next week.

Cant wait to try the pork dish, it sound delicous. I tend to be very boring with my dinners and i know i shouldnt be. I feel when im on a diet i should be eating tasteless diet foods but im going to try and incorporate a bit more variety into my diet and start cooking a bit more. Trouble is by the time you get home at nite after work your so hungry you just want something dead quick.

Great recipes! thanks for sharing!

Just had a lovely lunch... and only 7 and a half propoints!
handful of mushrooms sliced
2 cloves of garlic chopped
pinch mixed herbs
2 sprays low cal cooking oil
2 slices wholemeal bread
1tsp butter

spray your frying pan with the oil, fry the chopped garlic and herbs for a couple of mins and then add the mushrooms. fry until mushrooms are cooked.
toast your bread and spread with butter. then top with the mushrooms.
eat and enjoy!!

it was yum yum and very filling! :)

Your recipes sound delicious! Will definitely be trying some of them :)

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

They all sound so yummy, think I will be giving the Italian stuffed chicken one a try on Friday night :D

Back