My relationships with the Supermarkets is officially over...

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Howdy everyone, hope we are all having a good day and sticking to plan! :cool:

I've been to one of the best markets possible today and pretty much got all of my weekly shopping for just less than £35!!!!!

I've bought loads of really nice fruit, veg, salad, meat, fish and eggs! I only need to pick up some yogurts and milk from the local shop now and i'm done. I'm chuffed to bits with everything ive bought, its all so fresh and huge!!

Im defo using the markets more often as opposed to Tesco, Asda etc. Money is tight because im being made redundant so im having to cut back as much as possible to save for my time job hunting as my redundancy money wont last forever.

So tesco, asda, morissions, sainsbury's and safeway - im sorry but you wont be getting £70 a week out of me anymore, it will be more like £10 for just yogurts or cupboard staples!

Great! What a result, losing weight and saving money! I may pop down to our market at the weekend and just see what they got.

I notice your off to Sri Lanka?! Lucky! My fiance is from Sri Lanka, such a beautiful place!

Where? Where? The world famous Bury Market?!

Great! What a result, losing weight and saving money! I may pop down to our market at the weekend and just see what they got.

I notice your off to Sri Lanka?! Lucky! My fiance is from Sri Lanka, such a beautiful place!

You should defo go for your fruit and veg - its huge and so much nicer than the supermarkets. Today i got:
Butternut squash - and its a beast!
Carrots
Red cabbage
Sweede
Mushrooms
Satsumas
Apples
Grapes
New potatos
Peppers
Cucumber
Onions - red and white
Brocolli
Cauliflower
Cherry tom's on the vine
lettuce
Parsnips
Melon
Banana's
Plums
Baking potato's
Celeriac
Kiwi fruit
Pineapple
Strawberries
8 Chicken breasts
2 Sirloin steaks
2 seabass fillets
2 smoked cod fillets
1/4 carvery ham
15 barn eggs
pack of 8 brown rolls
toilet rolls
washing up liquid
3 bags of sweets (for OH might i add!)

Its all much bigger in size and weight that the supermarkets as well!

I cant wait for Sri Lanka!!! Im going to Bentota in the south and we are going to visit Kandy and the Temple of the Tooth as well, its going to be fab! Where abouts in Sri Lanka is your OH from?

Im originally from Bury!! heehee! sorry it made me feel happy! im now up in aberdeen at university but i kinda miss good ol Rammy!

xxxx

Just be aware that the fruit and veg from the supermarkets might last a bit longer (which may or may not be a good thing, it depends upon your point of view)
Glad you got a bargain though - wish we had a decent market near us!

Im defo going to the market! Thats loads!

Aww that sounds amazing! DF is from Mullaittvu, its the very north, in the country side, not as developed as comlombo and its surrounding areas. But its such a pretty place! I cant wait to take our daughters over there.
Take lots of photos :D

Im originally from Bury!! heehee! sorry it made me feel happy! im now up in aberdeen at university but i kinda miss good ol Rammy!

xxxx

Ahh no way!! Im actually inbetween Bury and Rammy, im from Totty!!!

I love going to the Farmers market in Rammy, its fab!

Not Bury today, Bolton indoor market - its awesome!!! You can buy really exotic fruit and veg as well now like plantain, cherry bomb and scotch bonnet chilli peppers, tamarind - god the list goes on!!!
i go to bolton market alot as its my local market but last time all my fruit and veg was off the next day so put me off a little, i do love bury market x

Gym class hero what group do you go to?? At home in rammy i go to Sue's class in greenmount on a monday... i have chuffties now :p

xxxxx

oooh sounds fab wish we had something like that! all we have is a weekly farmers market but its in the posh bit of town and is all pretty overpriced for what it is tho i did get some awesome wild boar burgers last time lol!

enjoy using up all that lovely fresh fruit n veg sounds fab!

X

Back