My Road To Slim City

Hi Steve

My first name is Michelle...
I work from home so my free time is pretty flexible and for tomorrow I already have an hr planned in the morning on my wii and then I am going out for a 3 mile walk in the afternoon! I plan to go swimming on Friday but mainly this week I will be walking and on the wii. I have already filled up my water filter and it is in my fridge door ready for drinking :D

Now working out my meal plan for tomorrow but stupidly I bought granary bread and not wholemeal so bangs goes the idea for a bacon sarnie in the morning :( Never mind will save that for another morning :)

Michelle x

Evening Mini mum :talk017:

Just read your diary hunni and it's absolutely brilliant :happy096:

How positive are you! :clap:

I'm so glad your first sw meeting was so successful, and that you've already made friends :grouphugg: I was a bit overwhelmed with the EE plan to start off with as I knew red/green like the back of my hand, but I soon got that hang of it and thoroughly enjoy it. And I have lost consistently since I started on Jan 7th, having only put on 1lb a couple of weeks ago when I sadly lost my lovely Dad :cry: I'm an emotional eater too, so I know where you're coming from xx

I'll be popping by to say hi and to see how you're getting on.

Good luck xx

Dawn xxx

Michelle,

So glad your first meeting went so well. Getting a warm welcome and not being left to feel like a newcomer (even tho you were) is a great way to put you in a positive mind set for the journey.

You're going to do fine. I feel it. Feel free to bombard us all with questions. It took me a couple of weeks to work out the whats whens and whys of everything and get it in my head.
And keep your food diary and share it with us if you feel brave enough. Everyone on here is so well versed you'll be able to get pointers on it all along the way.

So great to have a new chica on board and raring to go

Zxx

Thank you so much Dawn and Z. I am feeling very positive and choosing to do this and go to the meeting on my own rather than with a friend is the best thing I could of done because I know this is all about me and that is the way it has to be :)

So far today I have had a litre of water and I am about to go shopping and I already have the list of free and superfree foods all written out so I don't get confused and stressed whilst in Tesco's.

My Food Diary for today is

Breakfast

Sliced Strawberries covered with MullerLight Strawberry yoghurt all FREE and yummy!

Dinner

Jacket potato, Beans and 28g cheese (a)

I couldn't get any superfree foods with the jacket potato so I am having a fruit salad straight after.

Tea

Carbonara.

Spaghetti, lean ham, onions, mushrooms

Tesco Healthy Living Oatmeal Roll

84g Philadelphia with Chives 6 Syns

Not sure if I will be having anymore syns today I will see if I feel hungry later on this evening but I will write more down if I have any.

Great start! The only thing I would say is try to think about the 1/3 superfree. It's what makes the plan work so well! maybe have some veg/salad with your pasta? Or make sure that you put loads of mushrooms (nom!) and onions in! And I'd probably have the fruit salad before the potato - sounds weird, but the point is to fill up on the superfree stuff first. Just an idea!

SOTW is an excellent target for next week, and it's so nice to see your consultant taking such an active part straight away - that really will make all the difference :)

Eugh, supermarket shopping... have fun! I must say, I'm sure it's far more pleasant an experience midday/midweek than evenings/weekends which is the only chance I get. I'm never out in under an hour!
x

Hi Michelle

Welcome to sw and minimins. You sound soooo in the zone and right frame of mind to start sw. I had always done ww on and off, mainly off, for years and the most I ever lost was 10lbs. I started sw at the end of January and am nearly at 2 stones off. I've done it slow and steady and had some blips along the way, like everyone does, but feel so much better with myself. I know this time I will complete my journey, I have never felt like this before. I've also lost 5" off my hips alone so far which amazes me.

I didn't tell my husband I was joining sw as I didn't want him to say, you won't stick at it, you've done ww loads of times. This diet is different, it really is, I'm never, ever hungry, and it honestly does work. My hubby now keeps telling me how well I'm doing and how proud he is. My 'outlaws' came the other night and really noticed a difference in me which gives you a real buzz.

Just set yourself small targets like you have, 7lbs off, a stone off, into the next stone etc and they WILL be achievable. I started my journey wanting to lose 5 stones. If I'd have thought of it like that at the start I'd never have got this far and after a little gain would have thought I'd failed. Slow and steady wins the race!

You'll get as much support on here as you want and will make some brilliant cyber buddies - if you want another diary for inspiration, as well as everyone elses that have commented on here, look at What the Ellebear says. She is fab, so lovely and such an inspiration to me, as are many others on here.

You aren't alone in this journey and we all started it for the same reason as you.

Have a fab week my love and enjoy it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Hi Michelle,

So glad to hear last night went well, EE is a great plan and you seem to have a good understanding of it.

Paul

Just to let you know, Michelle, my baked potatoes are often lost among a huge plate of salad! - I even include Asda's Good For You cottage cheese too.

I get through so much salad it is untrue, but it is great for you, and you can never have too much. What a filler:p

You've got it all planned. Planning was another thing I neglected to mention, but you're well ahead of me. Plan meals and shopping DAYS in advance.

Don't worry if the first SW week is a disappointment. Mine was a 1lb loss and I was gutted. The following week it all fell into place with 5lb, and then away we went;)

Walking has been my great discovery, though swimming would be even better!

Steve

Thank you to you all for your lovely messages and support. It is great that there is so much motivation here!

Well day one hs gone really well! I have cut out all Caffiene completely and boy did I suffer with a migrane this afternoon but I kind of knew that would happen as haven't had any for 48 hrs now. I have had 4 litres of water today and think I may be up every hour during the night ;)

I had a salad with my jacket potato at lunchtime and the home made carbonara was gorgeous at tea time loaded with mushrooms and onions to make sure my super foods were in there.

I am feeling really full and this is usually the time of day when the children are all in bed and I am watching tv or on the net and I want to munch but not today :D

I have done quite a bit of exercise today including 2 hrs on the wii in total, a 3 mile walk and then another 1 mile walk :)

Here is my food diary that I have filled in ready for tomorrow

Breakfast

Bacon, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, Tomato's, Quorn Sausage's (2 syns) 57g wholemeal bread. I still have to work out the syns for my low fat spread yet

Dinner

Mug Shot and a fruit salad

Tea

Gammon Steak, SW Chips, Corn on the cob, Carrot and Swede.

Thanks again for your continued support and motivation x x

Congratulations Michelle on another good day :happy096:

Hope the headache has eased off now xx

Sounds like you've really dropped lucky with your group and C.

Looking at some of your posts around the diaries I can see you are going to fit nicely into Maximus's harem.

Good luck for the coming week.

Good luck Mini Mum. xxxx

Pommette said:

Looking at some of your posts around the diaries I can see you are going to fit nicely into Maximus's harem.

Totally seconded lol! Xx

Hi Michelle

Welcome to sw and minimins. You sound soooo in the zone and right frame of mind to start sw. I had always done ww on and off, mainly off, for years and the most I ever lost was 10lbs. I started sw at the end of January and am nearly at 2 stones off. I've done it slow and steady and had some blips along the way, like everyone does, but feel so much better with myself. I know this time I will complete my journey, I have never felt like this before. I've also lost 5" off my hips alone so far which amazes me.

I didn't tell my husband I was joining sw as I didn't want him to say, you won't stick at it, you've done ww loads of times. This diet is different, it really is, I'm never, ever hungry, and it honestly does work. My hubby now keeps telling me how well I'm doing and how proud he is. My 'outlaws' came the other night and really noticed a difference in me which gives you a real buzz.

Just set yourself small targets like you have, 7lbs off, a stone off, into the next stone etc and they WILL be achievable. I started my journey wanting to lose 5 stones. If I'd have thought of it like that at the start I'd never have got this far and after a little gain would have thought I'd failed. Slow and steady wins the race!

You'll get as much support on here as you want and will make some brilliant cyber buddies - if you want another diary for inspiration, as well as everyone elses that have commented on here, look at What the Ellebear says. She is fab, so lovely and such an inspiration to me, as are many others on here.

You aren't alone in this journey and we all started it for the same reason as you.

Have a fab week my love and enjoy it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

I was doing ww until the incident with the cosultant but I also found it very hard when they brought in the new plan! I think two stones since January is amazing and well done you. I know what you mean about people just think about you failing again and will get bored of it AGAIN and I also haven't told very many people that I am doing this BUT I know they will be noticing as I go down the dress size. My 'outlaws' live 300 miles from me and I won't see them for 6 months now so I can't wait for them to see me next :D Thanks for your kind words and I will catch up with Ellebears diary a.s.a.p :)

Hi Michelle,

So glad to hear last night went well, EE is a great plan and you seem to have a good understanding of it.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I am loving the ee plan and I really think I have the hang of it. I am making sure I have the 1/3 of my plate as superfree and my stomach definately knows it lol
Hope your week is going well
Michelle x

Just to let you know, Michelle, my baked potatoes are often lost among a huge plate of salad! - I even include Asda's Good For You cottage cheese too.

I get through so much salad it is untrue, but it is great for you, and you can never have too much. What a filler:p

You've got it all planned. Planning was another thing I neglected to mention, but you're well ahead of me. Plan meals and shopping DAYS in advance.

Don't worry if the first SW week is a disappointment. Mine was a 1lb loss and I was gutted. The following week it all fell into place with 5lb, and then away we went;)

Walking has been my great discovery, though swimming would be even better!

Steve

Hi Steve,
I have completely taken on board what you have said and today I have grown that much salad that I think I may turn into one! I have also had soooo much veg and I said to Paul above my stomach definately knows about my healthy lifetsyle :)
I have to plan otherwise I know I will pick! Friends of mine often say they think I have ocd as everything has to be organised and this is another case of it! I am very regimented but only because I then know I am in control of myself. Hope your week is going well x

I'm glad I came across your post, I'm so sorry about your mom, I just can't even guess how you must of felt, only by thinking of my own mom and how devastating it would be to lose her. She's 55 and 5ft and very overweight due to medication so I don't know how long I will have her.

Your current weight loss is fantastic, I started 5 weeks ago, have had 1 week off it due to losing my guinea pig suddenly (I do not deal with surprise grief easily) give it to me slowly and I can cope but anything that is whipped away from me makes me crumble.

I have had the same thought, I've not got children yet, but I think to myself, ooo I could eat whatever when I get pregnant LOL think it might happen to everyone.

xxxxx I'll keep popping by.

Hi,

As far as my Mum goes the one thing that I can say and can't say enough is love your Mum, Respect her and never take her for granted! My Mum was only 59 and she had been ill for 9 years with dementia after a fall so I lose my Mum years ago and thought that I was ready to say goodbye but I was far from it... It hit me hard but I have now turned that grief around and I am determined to change my life with my Mum looking over me :)

Sorry to hear about your guinea pig...

Good luck with your journey and I look foward to hearing how you are getting on x

Hi Pommette,

I have definately hit lucky with my group they are all fantastic!

I may have my serious moments on here but I can also have the most warped sense of humour ever so I am sure I will fit in and they are all great :D

Michelle x

Good luck Mini Mum. xxxx

Thank you Sassia, you too x

Totally seconded lol! Xx

hehehe thank you Dawn!

Wow that was alot of people to answer... I will come back in a bit and fill in how my day has been and then try and get around to people's diaries. Hope your all well x

Thanks Jackie,
Now sitting here working out what I am going to have tommorrow! The children will be home then so I am hoping to get out in the countryside and go for a bike ride so if you see me wondering about the forums tmrw evening walking like John Wayne you will know why lol

How is your week going?

Michelle x

Hi Michelle

How many times did you have to get up in the night with all that water :eek:

What did you think to the mug shot?

You are doing brilliant :)

Haha yes I was up nearly every hr in the night! My body definately isn't used to that much and I think I will be up like that again tonight after drinking 3 1/2 so far today :rolleyes:

I didn't end up having the mug shot today and had a salad for my lunch instead as I was home for lunchtime so it was easier to do a salad and I will leave the mugshot for a day when I am in a rush or out and have to get what I can whilst on the go! (I did actually just laugh out loud and thankfully I just noticed my spelling error because I typed mugsh*t hahaha)

Well my day today is on a bit of a downer because I did NOT win the Euro Millions £105 million jackpot! There was me planning on hiring a fit, gorgeous personal trainer to come and help me burn off those calories (ladies take your minds out of the gutter I mean by exercising! ;)) Oh well there is always the Lotto tommorrow night lol

Today went to plan other than not having the mugshot and I managed to get home for lunch and I had a Tuna Salad which was gorgeous!!

I am starting to get nervous about weigh in though as today the painters came or as sw like to call it star week is here :ashamed0005: which can only mean one thing... I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!! I am usually a carbs and savoury fan and don't have a sweet tooth until this time of the month and I want chocolate! I haven't given in to the craving in a bad way though! I opted to have a hot chocolate made with my milk from my a choice today and aero hot choc which is 5 syns... I need to get in some curly wurly's tmrw and put them in the freezer because they last longer when you suck them :D

My meal plan for tmrw is

Breakfast

2 x Weetabix (b) Semi Skimmed milk (a)
Satsume and Apple (ss)

Dinner

Ham (f) New Potatoes (f) Lettuce(ss), Peppers(ss), Grated Carrot(ss), Tomatoes (ss), Cucumber (ss) and then a fruit salad

Tea

Pasta(f), Lean Minced Beef(f), Passatta(f), Onions(ss), Mushrooms(ss), Salad(ss), Garlic(f), Herbs(f)

Not sure what syns I will be using yet but we will see how the mood takes me. I am going for a longggggg walk with the children so I plan on being out for most of the day and I am actually looking foward to it as well... Bring on The National Trust :D

Hope you all have a great weekend x

Well I have bitten the bullet and contacted a personal trainer and he only lives a 2 minute walk from my house!! He wanted to meet for a consultation tmrw but I said I would prefer it in the week as I have the children home at the weekend. He gave me his mobile number to give him a call and then we can arrange a meeting for next week. I am scared that he will put me through my paces but I also know I need it so here goes... :D

OMG!!! You are SO brave!!! Or mad!!! :8855:

I really admire you hunni. You seem to be embracing this diet and giving it all you've got...good for you! :happy096:

I bet you're the kind of person who, once you've made a decision to do something, really goes for it. It's very inspirational to read xx :0clapper:

Back