My S & S diary

I still have 2 sessions left, what I can say for it is that it is very relaxing and works on your subconcious as to why you are like you are. My hypnotherapist gives you things to do when you want the biscuit, crisps etc to stop the craving, also another exercise when stressed etc. I must admit I was very sceptical that I would actually go under, but I did. I am apprehensive about my "op" but look forward to see if it works. The main reason I am coupling the hyponband with ss is so that I can not give up at the first hurdle. Certainly have found that I dont have the same hunger pangs or cravings and can go longer without food, which is ideal when on the ss packs. During one session I had to visualise two pics, one how I am in one years time with no changes to my diet and lifestyle and one if I do make the changes. It was amazing at the "fat" pic as I think it is actually the first time I have seen and really looked at myself as a fat person and saw the fat person, the clothes that I had on def puts me off reaching for the biscuit tin.

Sounds a bit like NLP and someone mentioned slimpod. I need to look these up. Sounds what I need at goal.

Got on reasonably well, but have to say have a windy tum tum, not sure if its the packs or the fact that I ate a heap of crap last night, kind of like a last supper kind of deal going on. Not hungry so that is a bonus. Thankfully off work with one of the kids being sick so had a nap this afternoon right about the time i would be having a coffee and some biccies. Did Just Dance 3 this morning, wasnt a pretty sight, but I worked up a sweat. Trying to keep busy and not think of food. Telling time will be when little ones are off to bed, hubby offshore just now and oldest away out, just hope I get through the munching for boredom feeds.

hi hun not sure its the same with S&S but I know with Exante and CD you have to be careful doing exercises in the first couple of weeks. xx

Hi Laura

Thanks for advice. When I say I sweated lol I was dancing around to 2 songs and i lost my puff, not sure if it is the smoking or the weight or both

Hmmmm just had the lemon bar......very sweet and sickly even by my sweet tooth standards. The bars take an age to eat, which i like. Dont think I will be ordering the lemon ones next time around. So far 100% today even if I have had an intimate relationship with my bathroom today.

I love the banana bars from LowcarbMegastore. The only ones I have to date (only at lunchtime and only in work). They've sold out so I'm on honey and nougat ones - due for delivery in a few. I will miss those banana bars!

Week 1 Day 3 - Just had a berry shake for brekkie, tastes ok, trying to get water intake up today. I split the bars into half as I find one whole bar too sweet and sickly. So have half about 2.30 and the other half about 8.30pm. Soup for lunch today and going to try spag bol for supper. So far I am impressed with the diet, trying my hardest not to hop on and off the scales daily so waiting until next Tuesday before I hop on, well thats what my head is telling me, my feet will tell me something else and levitate me to the bathroom. Hope you all have successful S & S day today

Oh my giddy aunt, just made the cottage pie, looks like a bowl of vomit, hope is seriously tastes better than it looks.........here goes

Well what can one say......will be using up cottage pie ones quickly and not ordering again although have to say it was nice having something hot, as I just came back from walking the dog. I just didnt like the consistancy and the little meat bits. Managed to eat half of it and no more could I force down.

Last edited:
So far I am impressed with the diet, trying my hardest not to hop on and off the scales daily so waiting until next Tuesday before I hop on, well thats what my head is telling me, my feet will tell me something else and levitate me to the bathroom. Hope you all have successful S & S day today

Love this!! My feet do that floating levitation trot too, to the bathroom scales every morning!

I didn't like the cottage our either but with suggestions from the lovely ladies here, I have perfected it and now it's yum! Last night added a little garlic, a little mixed herbs and a shake or two of Worcester sauce, let it rest for a bit longer and it was much better xxx

Thanks for that curvy will give that a go as I love the idea of eating a hot meal at supper time, with a knife and fork.

Week 1 Day 4

So far had the hazlenut shake, was nice. Now having some vegetable soup as back in from walking the dog and its baltic out there this morning. Really need to make a huge effort with the water intake today. Was on the wii fit this morning and tried to resist the tempation of not doing the daily body test but failed, happy to say though I am 3lbs down so far. 3 1/2 days to until week 1 complete.

Hi hun I'm having problems with water too. How much are you roughly having a day? I think at the most I can manage 2.5 litres if that. Plus a can of coke zero. Kudos to all those who manage more! I added some pepper to the cottage pie and now I love it. I guess anythings better than drinking shakes all day. xxx

I am lucky if I am taking 2 litres a day. I have loads of black coffee probs around 8 large mugs so hoping that will add to it, but i hate water with a passion.

I'm having the water in 500ml bottles (filled from the tap and stored in the fridge). I break it down so I ensure I have one on the way to work, two more by lunchtime, two more by the end of teatime then final one in the evening.

Having the water really really helps the weight loss I am convinced of it!!

I will also have one or two tins of coke zero and very occasionally a black tea. But that would be over and above the three litres. Hope this helps xx

I have bought some litre bottles of tescos strawberry still water so hoping this helps, been drinking it from pint glasses and get 2/3 through and pour the rest down sink. Think the small bottles is a good idea, will let you know how i get on thanks

Hi Donjon, water intake is crucial but I think, from having heard other say so, that you *can* count those hot drinks, just take care your cups aren't all caffeinated.... try some non caffeine tea or coffee too. You don't want to wobble over water intake. Take care. You are doing great!

I had 2 very slow weeks due to not enough water last week I managed 3.5 litres average a day and had a good loss.

Karen from s&s said that the by product from weight loss is carried away when u go to the loo if you don't drink enough you can't expell this enough and don't see the loss you would expect

Week 1 Day 5 - well so far so good, drank so far 1 litre of water, 2 cups of coffee had a truffa bar and cottage pie.......thanks very much to whoever suggested lea and perrins, dried herbs and pepper, what a difference it made, thoroughly enjoyed it. Plans for rest of afternoon, glug glug glug another litre of water, and no doubt getting some of my 10,000 steps a day in running to the loo.

Have a good saturday ladies x

Back to work tomorrow and back on the S & S now I have no kids distracting me. I have packed my work bag already, shaker check, bottle of water check, hazelnut shake check, truffa bar check, all raring to go with no mess ups. I am totally discounting my first week, so will weigh in tomorrow and take measurements, then off on the skinny me trail I go.

So here goes for Week 1 Day 1 on Monday 6/02/2012. 140 days until I go on holiday and I want some space between me and the table on the plane. I have worked out I should be able to drop at least 4 dress sizes so that would put me in a comfortable size 16 and I can shop in the cheapo shops for holiday clothes.

First day back on S&S and so far been 100%. Had shake for brekkie, bar for lunch, 2 cups black coffee and 1.5 litres of water, got a tad peckish around lunchtime, but soon wore off. Hope this evening goes just as well.

Hope your days going well keep strong and day 1 will soon be over :)

Back