My scales experiment

I will succeed!!!
I did a little experiment since Tuesday morning to show how dramatically the scales can change within a matter of a few hours.

Tuesday 5.50am: 10st12lbs
Tuesday 4.30pm: 10st13lbs
Tuesday 5.30pm: 10.13lns (official WI)

Wednesday 5.45am: 10st11lbs
Wednesday 4.45pm: 10.5lbs (I did this 4 times and even moved the scales!!!)
Wednesday 11pm: 10st12lbs

Thursday 5.55am: 11st (eh? I don't usually go UP in the morning!)

So...I did this to prove (to me to stop temptation) how varied the scales can be in a day.

SO LET'S ALL STOP WITH THE HOME WIs BETWEEN PROPER WIs!!!

Mine are now stowed away...where they ought to be!

Good advice Sticky.

I have broke the habit of weighing every day, I must admit I do get a bit 'scary' when WI day is looming though, even when I know that I have stayed on plan all the week, but as yet I have always had a loss each week which is great.

LOL totally agree... I had a sneaky weigh last night before I went to my official WI and I had to do it 3 times cos it fluctuated about 2 lb each time!

unofficial scales are EVIL! ;)

If I weigh on mine, I fluctuate between 11st 1 and 11st 7! Not good, I only had them in there for the bathroom 'look' if you know what I mean! They are evil things!

There is a flip side of having scales in your bathroom though. I go to a wednesday morning meeeting (lost 2.5lb yesterday :)), and I seem a lot of the time to be heavier in the morning. Last week I had an official weigh in result of +1lb. I was really disheartened, because i'd been really good all week, foregoing our Wednesday night treat in an attempt to stick to my target of half a stone each month at least.
When I got home though, the scales said I was a pound and a half under what they'd recorded at the group, and only fluctuated below that number.

Basically, it's nice to be able to go 'really?!', and then find out that it was either too early in the morning or carrying too much water.

i agree with this , teh scales determin my mood for the whole day :( ..

ive now stoped weighing and wait for boots once a week

I know I shouldn't but I had a cheeking weigh today and it said I had gained 1st 4lbs since Monday! How I don't know, but I'm pretending that I didn't see them and just carrying on as normal. I'll wait for Monday and see what my real loss is :)

binning them is the way to go!! Unless of course you weigh at home!
I hate my own scales, they fluctuate a lot. Grrr! Once a week at group is best, if you know you have been good then you should lose (sts if that time....) if you know you have been bad then you know you will gain!
I can always tell those who weigh at home, they are never surprised by the result!!!

I am still too heavy for my scales so they are currently jammed down the side of the bath and sink. Though I cant trust myself. I know that as soon as I get under 24 stone I will weighing myself every morning.

Luckily my scales have needed new batteries in for as long as i can remember, so even when i get the urge to weigh myself i cant. However i do get very tempted everytime i go to Boots, i need the speaker to say STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES GRACIEMAI!!!!!

Proper police style megaphone. With a fag stained vocal chords "GracieMai do NOT come near these scales or face the consequences"

Ha ha, that is just what i need!! Imagine if that happened when you walked into boots, i'd run a mile. x

I'm the exact opposite with my scales. I like the anticipation and the wait (or weight) before my weigh-in. It's like a little surprise, and i enjoy the build up and then texting all my friends if i lose (and even if i dont)

I hate the fact I can't resist weighing the day of W.I. Wish I had more will power!

I'm terrible at WI in every day! I always WI in the morning as soon as I get up so it doesn't fluctuate a great deal... But, I didn't WI this morning and I'm trying really hard not to before Wednesday WI!! I find that if I down a load of water before I even get to where they're kept then I won't get on... I know that water will have made my weight STS or gain if I do get on them...!!

Back