My sister has started nesting in a hardcore way!

I will succeed!!!
Ok I don’t want to get hopes up because it might be nothing, but it seems my sister’s nesting instincts have gone up a notch!!!

Last week she had the urge to do all the laundry – so she re-washed all the bedding including the clean stuff from the linen closet!

She’s been having fake contractions since but no movement.

Well, she’s just called. She woke up at 1am with an urge to clean. So since she’s changed all the light bulbs, re-washed all her clothes from hospital bag, done all her OH’s clothes (she says in case she’s in hospital longer than expects to be), cleaned the house, scrubbed the carpets and size reduced all the cardboard. She also re-checked the nursery that everything is clean and in the right place despite the fact she did this yesterday as well before bed lol! She said she had an urge to burn all the cardboard in the garden but resisted as the farm next door means she often has random sheep in her garden lol.

She’s also craving pineapple and ate a whole fresh one about 4am and wants more so is getting some canned stuff on way to work. Despite not having much sleep she feels full of beans and said it feels like she could do it all again and she feels hyper.

It’s her last day at work anyway so is happy about that but said ‘things feel weird’ down below. Her due date is 12th Feb so it’s probably just things gearing up…but I am so excited…maybe baby wants out sooner?

:bliss:

Nor I hun but apparently 'nesting' is common. Mum said she scrubbed the house each time with us three and went into labour within a day or so each time...'citing! x

ohh fingers crossed ive never wanted kids but it exciting when someone else has them, especially when they make you an auntie

Oh yes Sticky, I think you will be an auntie very soon now.

Best wishes to your sister for the safe delivery of her baby.

Thanks people! :D

Just had lunch with her - she's buzzing! She is really chirpy and hyper but kept going 'Ooof' during lunch due to 'twinges'. I just hope labour goes well for her whenever it starts - I'm her standby birthing partner which is a great honour :D

Ooooo 'citing! x

I'm excited and Its not even my new neice/nephew! Lol. Well if you look at other animals, like dogs/cats, they nest like mad when they are about to go into labour! I bet it'll be early morning, midwife told me it was the commonest time as in years gone by it was safest to be born at night in your cosy well nested cave lol.xx

I'm excited and Its not even my new neice/nephew! Lol. Well if you look at other animals, like dogs/cats, they nest like mad when they are about to go into labour! I bet it'll be early morning, midwife told me it was the commonest time as in years gone by it was safest to be born at night in your cosy well nested cave lol.xx

I'll keep phone by bed tonight then ;-)

x

Good luck to your Sis!! This does sound v exciting!! I have a feeling you'll keep us all tabbed so I'll be watching this space...X

He he. I didn't get in to cleaning, I just decided to redecorate an entire room! I moved the furniture and everything. I went in to labour that evening and never got a chance to take the masking tape of the skirting boards. It was still there a week later when I got home. Bloody men!!

Lynda

Back