My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

I am having tuna salad today with a boiled egg, very hungry for some reason, had a lemon bar and oatmeal so far.

Last edited:
That is beautiful and you will look so amazing in it!
Perhaps a wedding is what I need to get me focussed, I will just go and break the news to my husband!! Could do vow renewall after 34 years or could just trade him in I guess????
I hope your fiance is really proud of how you are doing!

Thanks Alison! haha it does help on the motivation front! My OH is proud yes, he's supportive, just need to get him shifting his lbs now, he could do with losing a couple of stone before they have their suits fitted, he wants to just gets stuck in a rut food wise.

Taken the pic of the dress off now lol, it worried me in case someone I know sees it! x

looks fantastic tarra, i love the dress, what a great motivation seeing how well you have done, you must be so pleased x

What picture of the dress!!! Don't tell me I missed it!!!

That's lovely Tara - can't wait to see the pics from the big day xx

GORGEOUS DRESS!

Love the dress! Very classic!

As for your arms... well, I have a few suggestions... and all depends on budget, I guess....

1) We could do a Gok Wan type 'where do you fit in this scale?' and all sending you a pic & the measurements in inches of OUR upper arms and see if it's something that you magnify to be worse than it is... Mine are 16.5 inches...

2) There is some 'magical' formula that really does work by Tracy Martyn that Kate Winslet endorses... (T. Martyn does loads of facial stuff too that other celebs rave about but speaking specifically about arms here...) but think it's like $150

3) For UK based beauty, Rodial launched 'Arm Sculpt' (Man, i really should launch a beauty blog! ) last year which is supposed to be good.. and it's £59

4) Just get a bog standard, body firming... Jergens is supposed to be really good and it's like £5 a bottle...

Anyway... hope that helps.... but tbh, on the day... you're not going to care... :) xx

I hate my arms too. Never wear completely sleeveless things for that reason. Will post my measurement when I go take a shower soon.

wow what a beautiful dress - you will look fantastic. I have just bought Palmers body firming cream for after having a baby or weight loss, my arms are getting baggy - bingo wings becoming bingo sacks!
AM staring at the bodice of that dress - gorgeous

Tara, the dress is absolutely gorgeous and will be even more so with you wearing it. You are doing so well and the 200s are almost gone.

It is interesting what we dislike the most about our bodies. I am an apple shape with slim legs and hips, but a saggy stomach and big bust. The top half of me is where the weight appears to be going slowly. I also have the bingo wings and am slurping on the Palmers Cocoa Butter and Bio-Oil. Have no idea if it is making the slightest difference, but I keep trying!

The main priority at present is that we are working towards being a healthy weight - we can address all the other body issues in due course.

I am sure too that no one apart from yourself Tara will even give your arms a second glance on your big day. Think about it, is it something you have ever noticed on a lovely bride? If you carry on at the level of your current weight losses, on your big day, there will be no arm fat left anyway!

Wow love ur dress! U will be beautiful in it. Was wooed I had missed it phew!

As a comparison mine are 13". How can it be more than a foot round there!! :(

Hey everyone,

Thanks all for your comments on the dress, I love it too. It's not something I would have picked out before I started looking, I wanted something quite plain, but it's lovely, elegant and will be nice and cool for a june wedding!

Eaternity - Thanks so much for the post about arms, and all others who posted after too. I will pop an measure mine in a min, right at the top most part.

I use palmers cocoa butter, but not as often as I perhaps should though. Would be interested to see if anything works that people are testing out! right off to do these measurements! xx

14.5" right at the top, bllluurrrgghghhh.

I am going to start building up a nice tan from this week, I am very pale! I never use sunbeds but don't want to risk a spray tan on the dress! I am secretly hoping that a tan will magically make my arms appear smoother, maybe slimmer?? Haha I know they will reduce in size eventually but it's just the area I don't really see any difference yet.

An artful spray tan will definitely do that... just like we scuplt cheeks a little with blusher or bronzer... well, I USED to... ;)

I am just about to start using Arbonne. It's a Swiss complany thats like Avon only more high end.
My friend is a rep so she gets 20% off... and what I can tell you is we tried their firming cream on my Mum's hands.. she feels she is getting old lady hands with lots of crepey skin.. (NOT crappy! hahahaha) and I so wish we had taken pictures... the difference was unbelievable... so I shall let you know how I get on... and a large tub works out at £42 with the discount which I am sure I could get...

I know what u mean I was worried about a spray tan on my wedding day to but I don't tan on sunbeds so had no choice. It worked out great and didn't stain my dress. I think a tan definitely makes ur arms look better. I had spent months doing weights to try and tone my arms but the tan i think made a great difference.

Good luck with the tanning and the 100's are so close u will be there before u know it.

An artful spray tan will definitely do that... just like we scuplt cheeks a little with blusher or bronzer... well, I USED to... ;)

I am just about to start using Arbonne. It's a Swiss complany thats like Avon only more high end.
My friend is a rep so she gets 20% off... and what I can tell you is we tried their firming cream on my Mum's hands.. she feels she is getting old lady hands with lots of crepey skin.. (NOT crappy! hahahaha) and I so wish we had taken pictures... the difference was unbelievable... so I shall let you know how I get on... and a large tub works out at £42 with the discount which I am sure I could get...

Oh thank you, yes let me know how you get on with it. Will look it up! x

I know what u mean I was worried about a spray tan on my wedding day to but I don't tan on sunbeds so had no choice. It worked out great and didn't stain my dress. I think a tan definitely makes ur arms look better. I had spent months doing weights to try and tone my arms but the tan i think made a great difference.

Good luck with the tanning and the 100's are so close u will be there before u know it.

Thank you, I have considered spray tan as never use sunbeds either, but my friends sis had a wedding day disaster with one, I tend to be a bit on the unlucky side like her and a little accident prone lol so think I will stick to beds. Like you, I know alot of people who spray tan and it works out lovely and looks really nice too, but I just don't want to risk it.

Morning everyone!

Urgghhh 10.5 hour shift today! It's going to be a long one I know it! I am taking my lemon bar, caramel shake and spag bol with me, need to place a new order this week as coming to the end of my 8 weeks now. Think I will order less chilli as I've gone off it a little! Typical when I order loads of the stuff!

It's sts on the scales today too, but 2lbs down since sat and 2 more lbs to get me out of the 200s! I am keeping fingers crossed that this week I can do it!

Have a good day everyone, will pop in later! x

Back