My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

wow you look amazing, and u have cheek bones so jealous! Well done you. It made me more determined to do this i want to look like that lmao :)

You are looking fabulous! Love the legs and cheekbones! You must be so proud of your achievement. Well done.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you ladies. I am getting there, still a way to go but I can see changes. The cheek bones have reappeared too lol Spent a long time buried!

I am STS again on the scales, I am getting frustrated, don't weigh in until monday but feeling a bit deflated at the min, just keep thinking in my mind, oh this is it now, you're in week 11, it's slowing right down. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for monday!!! Come on scales, drop!!!! x

Really loving MFP though for entering my food. Today I plan to have a cuppa at work to start my day, then lemon bar, tuna and cucumber salad, caramel shake, then porridge for tea. Total 560cals, I like the way it predicts weight loss when you enter your food. It said today 179lbs in 5 weeks time, that would be a nice thought!! xx

Tara Teal the new starlet of S&S hotties!! Damn girl, had to do a double take there...thought you'd popped in a close-up of Angelina there by mistake! Stunning pic! x

I'm loving the arm shots Tara, looking fab!!! Well done you, wit woo x

Haha Angelina I wish!!! I hate my arms but they will slim down I am sure! They have got smaller for sure, but they are still big. I've had Lemon bar, tuna+cucumber, cinnamon cookie today, will just have a wafer later on I think. I've got back in the stage where I don't really feel like eating anything x

Well the scales said 13st 3lbs this morning haha then I got on again, they said 13t 1lb, So moved them to other side of room, back to 13st 12! I don't know what they are playing at but it's bugging me and I keep thinking they are incorrect now. I've STS since sunday really and I am getting really pissed off now! I am just getting a little fed up with the fact that I've been so good all week, I know TOTM is due soon but I am just really needing the scales to drop to keep me going. I stick more when I see results. I've got a day off today and feel like going and having a day out with my OH and just forgetting the diet. I know others who had tough weeks, even months for weighing in, and they eventually dropped lbs but I just keep thinking about my goal date getting closer and I am worrying now :-( x

tarra i have dropped 1lb in 11 days...
but the tapemeasure is showing a decline so dont get so hung up on the scales i am not so much now, as i was jumping on them every morning and everytime i went to the loo, i am wearing a dress today i bought when i was 30 (9 yrs ago) and it fits like a dream i was hoping to see some people i know this morning and you know what, not 1 person i know walked past me lol. i bet you are still shrinking xxx

Thanks, I know they will move again eventually, it's jus annoying in the meantime. On the plus side I am wearing a cardigan I bought about a month ago and it's really big on the arms, so that's a nice feeling. Also wearing a top I haven't worn in years. I just hope the scales move again soon! xx

TaraTeal said:
Thanks, I know they will move again eventually, it's jus annoying in the meantime. On the plus side I am wearing a cardigan I bought about a month ago and it's really big on the arms, so that's a nice feeling. Also wearing a top I haven't worn in years. I just hope the scales move again soon! xx

Am feeling your frustration Tara - have sts for a almost a week now (although my cals aren't as low as they could be) am on 100% now with loads of water so hoping for something this week! I was wondering if the losses slow down, am only on week 5 but am 6 lbs away from the 10 stones so thought that might explain it... Hope we both have a great loss this week :)
Ps your pics are great! Such a difference in the dress! Love it :)

Thanks Sarah, it probably does slow down quite a bit, but I think it's individual and completely random. I will stick on the diet until the wedding though, as I know it's still the quickest way to shift the lbs. But feeling a bit meh today. I do have odd weeks where I STS all week until day before weigh day and then drop a couple of lbs. But at this stage I just need to see the numbers dropping, I think it's harder to stick to now than it was. But others have done it so I am sure I can too. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss! xxxx

Thought I'd post some pics, this keeps me distracted from snacking and keeps me focused. I found some old pics of me when I was around 16st 10, so thought I'd post one up. change.jpg

Well is those photos don't inspire you to keep going Tara nothing will. You can see how far you've come, just keep going and you'll go all the way. I know it can be frustrating sometimes, believe me I know only too well, but you (and I!) know that this diet works more quickly than anything else I can think of doing so just stick with it through thick (hopefully not) and thin (hopefully yes :)). I'm sure the scales will drop soon - keep the faith.

OMG! LOVING the pics.... looking good, girlfriend :) I've been having one of those TOTM, ravenous but don't want to eat any of the options open to me weeks... ah well, I am sure that it will pass.... and every time I see your page, you keep giving me hope that at some point, I will get there... all over again! x

you can really tell the diff in the photos

it is so frustrating when the scales dont go down but they will of course, hopefully by next week you will have a great drop in weight

The difference is amazing, looking great!! The scales will catch up :)

Hey everyone,

I got so fed up friday we decided to take off for the weekend, we went over to lincoln and stayed overnight. I ate what I wanted, we did a huge amount of walking saturday and I had a cooked breaky and a chicken wrap. Then we had naughty food last night watching a film. I don't know why I did it, don't know what came over me but I just got so fed up. Losing nothing and after trying so hard. I know others have had weeks where they gain and they've been 100% but I can't keep comparing myself to others, then you end up feeling bad and going downhill. I need to just re-assess and move forward.

I've set myself a goal of -14lbs by my hair and makeup trial on 5th may. Then I have a month after that to lose the rest. I am starting to up my exercise too. My OH is starting a proper plan from monday too, so we plan to exercise at the same time. This will make things alot easier! I don't want to switch from this plan to another one as this plan has been the most successful for me. I don't know why I am having a hard time at the minute. I am not going to blame it on anything, I just need to start seeing results again.

So back to 100% again, I hope for a decent loss next week, I will weigh in tomorrow morning, I am due TOTM in the next few days and have def come out of ketosis, so hoping that anything I've gained will be gone again quickly.

So my next goal is... Minus any water weight -4lbs this week coming.

Total to lose is 14lbs by may 5th.

Need to keep focused xx

We all go through phases of that Tara. I'm peed off that I gained 0.6lbs since WI and it's still there 4 days later. I know I've upped my calories to 800 now and had a few more yesterday like a whopping 1000 but even so I should be losing a little bit so I know exactly how you feel. Your losses do slow down a little when you've been on the diet for a while, just like with any diet so comparing yourself to people who have just started is understandable but it won't be comparable. In fact comparing yourself to anyone isn't advisable as you can't influence anyone else's weight loss, you can only influence your own. So good for you getting back on track, and we all need to take a break sometimes (mine is over Easter), and I hope your body plays ball with you this coming week :)

Thanks BG. You have been a role model for us all. You have managed to stick through some really testing times! I need to take a leaf out of your book. I hope my body has had a bit of a shake up and hopefully will drop some lbs soon! I am still determined to make my goal weight for the wedding, I will get there, just need to knuckle back down. I think it might help if I went and tried on my dress again, to see how it fits etc I think it will spurr me on to get this last 20lbs off! xx

Back