My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Thanks all you lovely ladies! It was great to come home after a long day and read these lovely comments! I am feeling like I can do this again. I am starving today though haha. Just had shake for tea. I am placing my next months order tonight. I still have loads of packs left, a weeks worth of porridge, shakes and spag bol,

Off to count them all up! x

Good day today diet wise. Also OH got job offer is great!!! We are just going to watch a film now. Nice evening in by the fire in this horrible weather!

Hope everyones days are going well. I am sooo hungry today but managing to stick to my packs just fine. Got a new order coming tomorrow I think, ordered some mac n cheese to try this time. And some more choc shakes to have hot. xxx

So pleased for you about OH as that must really have been a worry esp with the wedding geting so cose and all the extra expenses! Does that mean you are having to move now? And look for work again yourself? Just remembered one job he went for was a distance away!
Mac and cheese is great over cauliflower/broccoli and have also had with chicken on days I decide to have the protein. Glad the day has gone well for you!

Great new and congrats to your OH!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks everyone, luckily it's local so not moving away. It's a really good opportunity for him.

I couldn't resist hopping on the scales at work today, I have def lost some lbs, so hoping for a loss since the last official weigh in I had!

Will find out monday when I have my scales back! xx

So that's both of you with new jobs and a new start for both of you. That's great news and I'm sure a big relief that the OH has managed to get a job so quickly. Well done on the weight loss too although you know it's cheating if you have the scales hidden from you and then get on the ones at work instead ;).

Hahah I know but my defence to the OH was that I always weigh different on them than at home, also they weigh in KG. Haha but yes still cheating as they show a loss! haha xx

So I found the scales, wasn't a very good hiding place. Haha... But glad I stepped on, because I am back at 194lbs again, so happy with that! Went right up after this weekend of eating everything in sight! Weigh in on monday so keeping my fingers crossed for a loss. Really want to see the back of the 180s and get further away from the 14s now too!

I was stood in the shop last night and I was starving, I even picked up a malteser bunny, looked at the nutritional info and stood for a minute. Then put it back down. I am back in ketosis now but I don't seem to have the appetite supression that some people get. I am ravenous all the time, but now the scales have come back down to what I was last week I am hoping it's the start of a good move back down towards goal! xx

Lol at finding the scales lol wasn't an Easter egg hunt but a hunt the scales lol.

Drink lots of water it helps and stay busy and you could easily lose some more by Monday I'm hoping for 1 more pound before Sunday maybe a bit optimistic as I've lost a bit this week but I'm hoping the running will help. But on a plus side I'm 12.1 today means come next Sunday hello 11s oh how I've missed u lol

Ha ha ha bf must think I'm crazy lol
:)

nice one tarra getting back into ketosis and also hubby to be on getting then job, thats a weight off both of your minds now, x

You're doing great hun, well done on resisting Mr. Bunny!

Morning all!

Just hopped on the scales and I am now 193lbs, so -1lbs since last official weigh in, keeping my fingers crossed for monday that there will be a decent loss this week. Really want to 180s to be here soon!!! I kind of messed up yesterday I got a delivery at work and had a bar when it came, but I totally forgot I had the bar when I got home and had another one! doh! Got a lot to do today it's my only day off this week as I am working this weekend too as overtime, going to try and get some wedding stuff done. Also have to go into town and buy some office wear for my new job, exciting! xx

A loss is a loss plus still a while until weigh in day can shake off a few more pounds.

The wedding is getting so close that's gotta keep u focused that special day and how wonderful u will look :)

As of today I've 21lbs until my target as I sneaky got on scales 12.0 today so few more days and hello 11s oh how I've missed u lol ha ha ha

Are u doing any exercise?

Hey,

Got an upset tum today so drinking loads of water! I am going on my cross trainer around 4 times a week, need to up it a little, only do 30mins a time. Also doing so lady push ups for the arms, and I am starting to see a difference.

We got some wedding stuff done today, got the ceremony and music planned which is good.

I hope to get into the 180s next week sometime, would be really great! Then goal lies within the 170s!!!

I went to my sisters house today for a flying visit, haven't seen her in a month I'd say and she was stunned when she saw me, she said I look completely different, it's good because this last stone has made alot of difference to me, I agree with you l2l that as you get lighter, each lb obviously makes more difference, it made me feel really good when she said that. Haha I was stood there in my size 18 jeans that were held up with a belt and a size 14 silky shirt that has room to spare! woohooo I know I am not in a proper 14 yet but I will be!!!

Feeling good today!! xxx

The lower you go the more a couple of pounds makes a difference Tara as you are finding out. If you have another stone or so to go you will see an enormous difference when you get there. I know that I'm feeling the difference when I drop a couple of pounds now that I didn't notice at all when I was much heavier. As you go lower the difference in weight between clothes sizes reduces too so although it's taking me longer to lose the pounds now I'm still going down the sizes at roughly the same speed.

I can actually see a difference since my bday and I am really only 5lbs down since then but it has made much more of an impact for sure. My arms and shoulders are a fair bit slimmer now. I guess we all love the big losses at the start of a weight loss journey and find it hard when we are further along getting smaller losses but I suppose we have to tell ourselves that a lb of fat off our body can make more difference on our newer smaller bodies than it did before!

In other news I have gained a lb overnight, not sure why, but my TOTM is a week late! I'm not pregnant, just think my hormones are going a bit crazy at the minute as I've broken out in horrible spots! Great. I think I am retaining water so I am not bothered about the scale movement. It will be gone by monday and by the end of this next week I will be on my way into, if not in the 180s!
xx

Yes each pound will be more noticeable its great isn't it :) woohooo

Morning everyone!

Off to work again this morning :-( But I have tomorrow off so it's not too bad!

I am 193lbs this morning again, keeping my fingers crossed that I am 192lbs tomorrow at weigh in, but at least the scales are now dropping! TOTM still isn't here, don't think my body knows what it wants. Wonder if this diet is anything to do with it?? Anyway... Today I am feeling rather hungry to will be having porridge before work, taking some tuna + cucumber to work with me to munch on and Dr pepper. I drank around 3 ltrs of fluid yesterday 2.5 water and 0.5 Dr pepper. Also had a choc shake too so fluid is that also.

I really want to start putting in new numbers of on my stats again, my bday week was almost 4 days off plan and STS, then the week after total 100% and lost 4lbs, then 100% last week and STS, so we went away for the weekend and I had a blowout, no excuse but I felt so annoyed. Back to it now and what I gained from said blowout is gone plus more.

Hoping to be in the 180s by the end of this next week! Fingers crossed!!! xxx

Also, noticed a few things, some of you may be the same or have slight similar findings!

1. When I started I choose to buy weight watchers scales to have at home, but sometimes pop on the nurses scales at work. When I weighed over 15st there was quite a disparity between their reading and my digital scale reading, and of course I am fully clothed at work too. It was around 7 - 8lbs in fact. Now I am lighter the disparity is much less, around 3-4lbs instead. Weird.

2. The same scales at work have a conversion chart on the wall above them. KG to st and lb. When I started I was well over 100kg and spent a fait bit of time in the 90s too. So when I stand on them now to convert my finger automatically goes to the 90s, yesterday I was 86kg on them and my finger was on 96kg to convert. Made me think that it's taking a while for my brain to catch up with the changes my body has made.

3. As mentioned by some other ladies on here, when clothes shopping I do go for the bigger sizes still. It's like in my head I am thinking, 'Don't kid yourself Tara, you won't be a 16! you're an 18-20 you silly girl' I also do this thing where I place the garment on the end of the rail and test it for stretch! Pulling it out at the sides and judging if I will even get it over my head/up my legs etc and I've noticed I am still judging things for the size I was before, because I am going into the changing rooms now and finding it's all too big!

Yesterday I popped into town after work for a mooch round. I went into river island and tried on two pairs of jeans, One was a size 16 boyfriend fit jean, the other was a size 16 super tight skinny jean. Well the super skinny ones looked like size 12s on the hanger but I took them in anyway! I got the boyfriend jeans on, but after paddying about my legs looking lumpy in them I decided against. The super skinny, much to my delight, slid on, ok well not quite slid, but they did up, I did have muffin top, but 4 months ago I wouldn't have even gone into river island, let alone picked up a 16 that looks like a 12 and get them on!

I have decided to spend no money on new jeans just yet, just buying essentials for my new job, need to find some new work trousers as my second pair are now hanging off and I'm wearing a belt with them! I kept thinking as I as shopping, no don't spend £30 quid on jeans that will be too big or ill fitting in a month or so. A sign that my mind is still focused on the goal ahead, despite my recent blip!

Long post I know but needed to say it! xxx

Back