My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Wow you look fantastic in the photo and what fabby long legs. Keep at it we are a out the same point and I just want to lose one more pound then I am officially overweight. I am buying cheap primarni clothes and asda jeans, it keeps me going to buy cheapo in smaller sizes. Good luck this week on the 4 lb loss, everything crossed for you x
julia

Thanks Julia, wow almost into overweight BMI, I can't wait for that! I think 84kg get me there so around 8lbs away according to my scales, only 4lbs according to Drs scales! haha.

I'm starting back in the morning Tara. Looking forward to it actually, on my way to goal now :)

It may give you a bit of a boost, though your losses have been pretty decent recently! Good luck with it, though I know you will be fine xx

Thank you, and may ketosis come quickly. At least I won't get hit by TOTM this time :)

Yes, may it come quickly!!!

I've sinned by getting on the scales this morning and I feel like crying, I've gained 2lbs!!!!!???? How?? I am still waiting for TOTM to arrive it's almost 2 weeks late now, I am hoping it's water retention, I can't seem to get lower than 13st 11 at the minute! It's realy bugging me now as I am really being strict and have knuckled back down to it. The wedding is getting closer and I have 10lbs to lose before may bank hol. Please scales, get moving!!! x

Hey hun just reading through ur diary quite a journey you have had :)
I wouldnt worry about the 'gain' although we know it isnt really a gain of fat, it probbaly is because totm is coming, i wouldnt worry about it too much. xx

Tara last month I was about two weeks late too, I was getting the warning pains the whole 2 weeks. Every day I'd wake up and pray to have come on. I did in the end. I just hope I'm regular from now on cos waiting those 2 weeks has hopefully fingers crossed made me miss it for my holiday in June!
Just keep drinking the water and waiting I think these vlcd do play a bit if havoc on some people. X

Hi Tara, great pic!!! Things like that let you know that the 'weight gain' is just water and it is still coming off. Stick with it, you'll be at goal with time to spare :)

Tara - you are such an inspiration!!!! you look absolutely gorgeous in that picture and no doubt will be a stunning bride in June! I cant wait to see those pics!

My TOTM was a bit hit and miss last time I was on a vlcd and I think when anyone is on it lnog term it does got a bit haywire, but does go back to normal once eating again.

Well done for getting back on track - most people cannot stick to a vlcd and of the ones that can few can stay on track for the whole time with no blips.

As for the scales Im a daily weigher - cant help it but I 'try' to keep thinking of some wise words someone once said on here which I will put for you below -

Fact: Stick to the plan and you definitely lose weight
Fact: You can control what you put in your mouth
Fact: You cannot control what the scales say.

So what do you celebrate? The scales showing a loss, or the fact that you kept to the diet all week?

What if you stick to the diet, but the scales don’t reflect your effort? Will you be disappointed, even though you have done everything correctly and couldn’t possibly do any better? Knowing that you will have lost weight…but it didn’t mean anything because the scales are giving the wrong result?

What if you ‘cheat’ and the scales show a big loss…does that mean you’ve succeeded and need a pat on the back?

Or even if you’ve been 100% and the scales are showing a loss? Does it mean more to you? Does that mean you’ve done even better than 100%?

I think the scales are a wonderful tool. I weigh daily, and love seeing them give the same reading day in and out, but that’s not what I really celebrate.

I celebrate being in control of what I put in my mouth, because that’s what I have done. I don’t celebrate what the scales say.

So if you’ve stayed the same one week, or just lost that one pound….if you’ve kept to the diet 100%, then be proud, because that’s what it’s all about. Stick to the diet and the weight is coming off….whether or not the scales agree. And you’re worth the same amount of applause than those who have lost more.

1lbs, 1 stone, it doesn’t matter. You can’t do better than 100% after all

HTH
xxxx

Hey Tara,

I just wanted to pop on and say hi and also a HUGE thank you as your diary was one of the one's i read that really spurred me on to join S&S and you are a huge inspiration. I started on Saturday and have a long journey ahead of me but am going to break it into chunks so it doesnt seem so daunting. You look fantastic and should feel so proud of yourself :clap:

Sezzy1407 xx

Echoing what Maka says and hang in there. You can't possibly have gained so it'll only be water weight, and your mind messing with your head. It will start to come good, you can't possibly eat to little and not lose weight, just keep the faith xx

Wow, I am so shocked at the lovely comments! Thanks everyone! It's lovely to hear that I helped someone choose to follow this diet too! That's one of the reasons I started it too.

I had some cake today, purely because it was my last day at work today and the girls got me presents and a big cake for leaving I said at first I couldn't have the cake but felt awful! So did have some, didn't have much though and only had three packs today because of the cake. It wasn't chocolate laden or anything so should be ok. Plus after work we went to b&q and have bought lots of things to transform our garden. So we've been gardening since 6ish and didn't stop until 9ish. Dug up all the grass, bagged it up, laid some sheeting and put some new border down. Then emptied some slate pebbles out, not even half done yet but it's going to look great!

I am determined to lose this last 18lbs, I know some people have had a hard time with the scales. I just need to stick at it. I am thinking about trying more shakes and cutting the bars out for the rest of the week. Also TOTM will probably be here tomorrow or the day after so hopefully some water will leave my body!

I really want to lose this 10lbs at least before 7th may! Really really want it!!! xxx

Good morning,

I am not going on the scales today, as I feel so bloated this morning, will try and hold out for weigh in on monday now. I am also going to try and stick to three packs for the rest of the week and cut out my bar too. I am going to split a shake, have one half around 10:30, then spag bol for lunch around 2ish, then porridge for tea, then other half of shake. I don't know what my body is playing at this last couple of weeks but I need a loss. I don't think I will get my -4lbs this week, after the phantom gain! I think it is purely water because of TOTM not arriving yet, but it is annoying being stuck at the top end of the 13s. I've upped my exercise a bit this week too.

Not sure what else I can do, so will keep doing as I'm doing and will plod on. It's got to come off eventually eating under 600cals and around 50g carbs a day and drinking 90000ltrs of water! haha. Have a good day everyone! We have lots to do in the garden today! xx

Hey you :), think its a good idea not to weigh until the dreaded totm decides to put in its long awaited appearance.
3 packs a day... Didn't see protein and veg meal added. Just worried your not eating enough, did you mean 4 packs a day ?
Hope the bloating goes down soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No just trying to have the three packs and take my multivitamin, just for the four days before weigh in though. Just had my first pack today, after being in the garden all morning, it's raining badly so had porridge. Also have managed just over a ltr of water so far too. Hope TOTM arrives soon, sick of getting pains this week and it's not even here yet. xx

That should be fine my sister in law has
Lost hers on 3 packs plus a multi vitamin.... I hope your totm turns up soon. Don't let it get
You down just keep on track and you may get one of the whooshes we see people talking about

TaraTeal said:
No just trying to have the three packs and take my multivitamin, just for the four days before weigh in though. Just had my first pack today, after being in the garden all morning, it's raining badly so had porridge. Also have managed just over a ltr of water so far too. Hope TOTM arrives soon, sick of getting pains this week and it's not even here yet. xx

Take care sweetie, that's only going to be around 400 cals. Starlight told me anything under 800 cals give the same weight loss so will reducing make much difference xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back