My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

I used to have 3 packs a day Tara when I first started this diet. When I started the advice was that it was OK to do that. I'm not sure about 400 calories having the same loss as 800. I stepped up to 800 (from about 600) and noticed that my losses reduced to around 2lbs per week at that time so I don't know .....

I will log everything on MFP at maintenence, and probably swtich to slimming world or similar. Plan to eat very healthy during the week and allow myself treats of a weekend.

Yeah 3 packs is ok as long as you take a multivit, but I have had four today, going to have my last one now, I've spent around 10 hours in the garden today, between us both we have completely transformed it all! Knackered now, but will have had four packs total today because I've been so active all day! xx

Sorry to be the worrying nag but do glad it's ok.
Bet your garden looks fantastic, we're planning to have a good blitz of our garden before we go to Florida so then it'll be ready to plant when we get back. I love my garden but didn't do much with it last year so needs a good spruce up and now we both have the energy to do it :)

Hope you have a great day tomorrow sweetie xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Claire, you're not a nag at all bless you! Three packs is very extreme but thought it may help towards weigh in this week.

Well no TOTM yet, pains are here but not TOTM! Really annoyed, I still feel very bloated. Not going on the scales until monday though, I have 10lbs to lose in this next chunk of four weeks, so 2.5lbs a week on average. Was really hoping for at least -4 this week! Oh well.

I start my new job on monday at 8am, so will have a weigh in, report and then off to work for the day, so nervous about starting my new job!

I got a £50 voucher for our local shopping centre from the girls at work as a leaving present so I am thinking this will go towards a killer outfit for my hen night at the end of may, when I am hopefully almost at goal weight!!! I swear, I am never gaining this weight back, I've spent too many years feeling self conscious and hiding myself away. I noticed yesterday whilst doing the garden that I am more agile, have more stamina, I didn't even break a sweat or get out of breath and we did some really tough intensive stuff. Dug up the whole grass area, I laid plastic sheeting while the OH bagged up the soil, then we unloaded the 40 bags on slate and spread them around on top, I did two planters, some border fence, dug up the borders and laid tree bark down, Dug up old pebbled area next to the house and shifted 20 paving slabs, replaces the sheeting under the stones there and laid tree bark down instead of the pebbles, replaced paving slabs and then we cleaned everywhere. It looks so different and it;s our first project together in our new home! Today my arms and hands are aching like crazy!!! haha

I did post about what I will do at maintenence, but that's a way off yet. My original goal before the wedding was to be in the 13s, which I am now. So before I started this diet I looked at what others had lost and thought I would go for 12.5 stone as a goal. I fully expect to gain a fair bit on honeymoon and will probably do this for 2 weeks when I return then go onto another plan. My ultimate goal would be within the 11s, more nearer the 10s though. But I will feel less pressured to lose that last bit, I would like to get within a healthy BM eventually. Even if it takes me until xmas to lose the last stone I would be happy to plod along and lose slowly.

We are going to get some finishing touches for our garden today, a new bbq, chairs an table, and a chimnea as we don't get alot of sun in the garden and summer evenings can be rather cool. We are also going to finalise details for our wedding ceremony and pay off our wedding cake, that is something I enjoy having a bite of on the wedding day! haha xx

Tara You are doing fabulously, girl! Congratulations on managing life and getting a new job and your marriage plans and teh garden. I'm impressed. And seems like you have a plan for the rest of the year.

Morning lovely ladies!

The sun is shining here in Grimsby! haha We've got the garden finished apart from the painting, this will have to wait for clear weather, it's forecast rain later. But maybe tomorrow! I am eager to see if the scales have dropped for mondays weigh in but I will not step on them until then! No TOTM still, feeling very bloated too!

I am just going to try and drink alot of water. I am going to take water bottles to my new job to make sure I hit my target, they have a cooler but it's in an different room and I don't want to be the new girl who leaves every 5 mins to drink ridiculous amounts of water. I can go home for lunch as I live about 5 mins away from this surgery and actually get a lunch hour, apposed to the 20 mins I got before! Really looking forward to it!

I am taking it one day at a time now for this next 8 weeks and have separated it into two chunks, so I will be due to finish S&S the week before the wedding, but have allowed for this as my hen night may need an off plan weekend! it was 8 weeks yesterday until the wedding, I am seriously excited and looking forward to it! We need to round up the guests this next week and confirm final numbers so we can get everything finalised! We sent RSVPs out and as usual there aren't many returned but everyone says their coming haha. We have to part with more money today, off up to waltham windmill to our cake bakers little shop to have a chat about the cake and pay for it.

Have a good day everyone xxx

You have done amazingly well hun :) Been reading along the way and its certainly worked for you, looking amazing :)

New job sounds great, and can pop home for lunch in no time!!

Sure things will start moving soon, nothing worse than waiting on TOM ... The bloat will soon be gone!!

Hope your enjoying the weekend

Helloo,

Well the weather forecast for today was bright and sunny, woken up this morning and it's dull, grey and raining! haha No painting for us in the garden then!!

TOTM arrived last night, thank god!! So hopefully the bloating will soon go! Not feeling very confident about weigh in despite being 100% this week. I feel so bloated and the scales were up and down all week long, will see tomorrow. But fingers crossed!

I am going to start getting weighed at my DR's too, I am going on tuesday evening hopefully to go back on the pill after being on depo for a couple of years, didn't agree with me and I found it very hard to lose weight on depo. I will get weighed then so will see what my docs scales say too. Will continue to chart my losses with mine though so it's accurate.

I am looking forward to starting my new job tomorrow but really nervous about it too. I'm sure it will be ok, just weird settling into a new job!

All the aches are now gone after doing the garden the other day! I liked that I was aching though, felt like I'd done some work!

xx

Never thought we'd be pleased that TOTM had hit but I know what you mean. I know that some people lose that bloated feeling as soon as TOTM starts but with me it takes about 3 days for that to disappear and the scales don't drop until then either, but you've done all that you can do and if you don't get a decent loss tomorrow I'm sure the scales will drop over the next few days.

I think we got your sun up here - it's beautiful today :). Good luck with the new job tomorrow but I know you'll be fine xx

Welcome to TOTM, I got mine as well and it takes me ages to recover!

Good luck in your new job for tomorrow, you will be brilliant and it will all fall into place!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Good luck for tomorrow Tara and hope all goes well xx :fingerscrossed:

I hope your first day is going well Tara, and that the scales were kind!! You'll overtake me now I'm sure after you've been so good and I've been a bit naughty!! x

Hi everyone,

Well a good and bad day, scales were officially +1lb! I don't get it at all, TOTM has arrived now so I don't understand why the scales haven't shifted yet. to tell the truth I am really gutted this week,I really thought I would get a decent loss. I am going to keep plugging at it this week but I am fed up of seeing 13st 11/13st 12 on the scales! It's getting me down and I really want to be in the 12s for the wedding!

Good news was that the first day in the new job went well, think I will settle in well here and it's like a breath of fresh air compared to my previous role.

I am doing 40mins per day on the cross trainer too from today onwards before I go to work. I am determined to shift this 18lbs but I am just so down, how can I not lose weight eating less than 600cals per day? I know some other people have had hard weeks, I am now going into week 14 and I am up 1 bloody pound since last weigh in, feels like taking a step back. I will do this for this next week and if things don't shift I don't know what to do. :-(

So 14 weeks and 40lbs lost, I still feel really bloated too. Sorry to be a bit of a moaner today, just felt like blllaaaaaa when I got on the scales, seems like too long ago I would get on them and jump for joy! x

Don't get down on it love, stress of new job and no TOTM could also add to it along with more muscle weighing in instead of the fat you've lost?
Have you measured yourself recently? It may show up as inches?

Keep going you are doing soo well!
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back