My slim and save wedding weight loss diary - From 242lbs to 185lbs for my big day!

Sorry you didn't get a loss Tara but I'm sure you will next week because a. TOTM will have buggered off and b. you won't have the stress of starting a new job. Stress can do mad things to our cortisol levels and that can affect weight loss so even if you didn't not feel very stressed your levels were probably up. Sounds like you made the right choice to move jobs and will enjoy it, so relax and I'm sure that the loss will come soon. Sometimes our bodies are just a PITA! I've had rubbish weeks 2 weeks on the trot but it all comes good in the end xx

Hi Tara, Just give the ToTM a chance to work through and should then ease the bloatedness and the fluid retention and the pounds should get going. Keep going and you should get a good loss next week!
Glad your first day went well! You have done so well, just stay strong and you will get to your wedding weight!!

Hi Tara, as soon as TOTM settles your body a bit you'll get that whoosh you're waiting for, you know you will. Then it'll be next to no time before you're in the 12s for your wedding!! :) xx

Hi everyone,

It's going really well in the new job, settling in well and my senior today told me she was really impressed! Was gobsmacked, so felt really good today. I am 7 weeks away from walking down the aisle and yes I am 48lbs lighter than before, but still want this last 18lbs off. I am still feeling bloated and not managing as much water in my new job either, I will be taking bottles as it will be easier. I also got locked out the house today at lunchtime so had to get a bloody sarnie from the shop and scrape out the filling! It didn't fill me up and felt ravenous when I got in from work, just grabbed a bar, got changed and went to my friends house for a bit.

I really want to be in 180s soon, I am sick of being in the 190s and sick of seeing 13st 11lbs and 13st 12lbs on the scales. Will keep focused this week, and try and keep my goal in mind, but I admit, I am finding it hard now. Really need a decent loss! xxx

Thanks, you are all right. I know it will come off eventually. I just keep worrying as it's almost only 7 weeks until the wedding and I still have 18lbs to goal. Just hope they start shifting soon. xx

TaraTeal said:
Thanks, you are all right. I know it will come off eventually. I just keep worrying as it's almost only 7 weeks until the wedding and I still have 18lbs to goal. Just hope they start shifting soon. xx

It will and in those last few weeks the weight will drop through nerves. Your going to be such a beautiful bride :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I hope so!! Just been to get bridesmaid fitted for her dress, taking the others on saturday, she has lost some weight and her dress fits like a glove now. Shes well chuffed! I had a sneaky peak at my dress while I was there too, I love it so much! Can't wait to go and try it on again. Will probably do it in a couple of weeks, going to try and lose half a stone before I try it again.

Working 1.30 - 6 today so I am sure it will fly by. xx

Morning all, not going on scales until monday again this week. I am praying for a loss!!! I am still 100% but must admit I'm not doing as well with the water intake. I've had bad headaches all week too. It's not long until that bank hol monday and I wanted 10lbs gone before then, I am not sure I will hit it as I've been STS for a good while now, I did think about dropping to 3 packs a day but that is just too little for me, I am going to take a DR pepper zero to work today and some bottled water too. TOTM is nearly over and it was around 2 weeks late so we will see if this has affected it at all. I am feeling a bit less bloated today as my work trousers are slack.

Have a good day everyone xxx

Well done for keeping focussed through TOTM and and new job. Really big pat on the back. Have a good weekend - and do some pampering as you deserve it.

Well delayed setting off as hubbie got thermos to take black coffee with us and it leaked, he unscrewed the bottom and the glass exploded!!!
All over the kitchen diner, into the hall and over us!
Just took 30 mins to get glass up and clean surfaces, hubbie now cleaning the floor before we go. Arghhhhhh

Packs packed, treats for his family packed, 6L of water packed and were almost ready to go........what a way to start the day.

Ah well can only get better surely lol x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

How's it going Tara? Weigh day tomorrow and I'm sure it'll be a good one for you. My fingers and toes are crossed xx

Hi ladies!

Sorry had a very busy weekend, taken my sisters to get fitted for their dresses and went to see my lovely little niece in the afternoon, was up at the hospital too as my OH grandma is very unwell at the minute as was admitted friday night so we were up there then aswell.

I've been 100% still, and in fact didin't manage to fit in all packs yesterdauy so had a multivitamin. I still feel quite bloated which is odd and I went on the scales this morning, I am trying to not get down about it but I am back at 193lbs??? I don't know why I've only lost a lb this week, I've really upped the exercise too, I admit I've not been as good with the water intake but surely that can't have this large an effect. I am trying to not stress about it as my stress levels are through the roof at the minute with wedding plans. We are having a hell of a time getting guests organised so we can get the final price from the venue for the whole day among other stresses! I will continue on slim and save for as long as I can and I am planning no more breaks except for the hen night at the end of may. I get fitted for my dress at the end of may too. I was thinking about maybe having a day a week following atkins, but I think at the minute doing anything different is off the cards. I just want to get in the 180s, seems like so long trying to get there, stuck around this weight!

Keep your fingers crossed for me girls! Somehow I may lose some lbs overnight! haha

Right now I am just taking it one day at a time, I am trying to wait until later to have my first pack as I can't eat at my desk like in my old job and I find I am ravenous mid morning if I have my first pack really early before work. Was thinking about taking my bar to work and having it while I do the tea run mid morning.

Going to place another order this week too, I would like to order some atkins bars again but the one I like is always out of stock!

I really hope I see some scale movement soon, I still feel quite large despite being over 3.5stone lighter! I wouldn't be happy to walk down the aisle at the size I am currently, just need that bit more off! xx

You're not constipated are you? I always feel bloated when that's the case, or maybe you need some diuretic tablets to get rid of water retention? Seems odd that it's been so long. If TOTM was slow arriving this month maybe it's your hormones playing up?

Re the Atkin bars - have a look on Amazon. You can buy a box of 15 with free shipping and if you subscribe to their subscribe and save service you save another 15%. I got 15 Decadence bars for £17.65 recently.

Good luck for your WI tomorrow!

Sounds like your super busy with everything hun, eeek its a lot, new job and wedding planning!!

Things will start moving along soon, hang in there :)

XXX

Hey ladies,

Well just home for lunch, going to have spag bol and Dr pepper, had lemon bar on the run this morning. Started work at 6.45am!

Scales aren't co-operating, I am 194lbs again, keep hovering at same weight, I can't understand it, but I am still determined to see the 180s very soon, had a good think yesterday and I am just going to keep plugging away, was so close to throwing in the towel but I know others have had similar weeks and things have moved for them again. Fingers crossed for a good week! Come on scales!!!!

Back