My Slim for Life Diary

excellent thanks for that - I do have a juicer, I have just never used it!! I will give it ago.

Last DD this week - it's going OK, I have noticed I am getting REALLY BAD dark circles under my eyes, this could be unrelated as I have not been sleeping well due to my Pulsatile Tinnitus - It was so bad yesterday I thought I had rubbed my mascara all over, then realised I'd already taken my make up off!!

I'm feeling hungry - which makes me sad, I have a lot of work on today though (hence this super quick post) so that should keep be busy till lunch time!!!

Even though the DDs are not great, there not what I would call bad, and so far I am really enjoying this JUDDD - so fingers crossed it works!

I am going to be monitoring this over the next 2 weeks, if it's in this diary I can look back and get accurate results so....

DD number 3 :- PT is much worse again today - seems to be getting louder as the day goes on....maybe the lack of food is making my blood flow differently? Who knows - this needs a good 2/3 weeks of daily monitoring to decide if it is the lack of food that is making the issue worse

Just wondering. Do you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks on your DD? That can make PT much worse. I doubt the lack of food has anything to do with it or it would be bad when you wake up after not eating all night.

Just wondering. Do you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks on your DD? That can make PT much worse. I doubt the lack of food has anything to do with it or it would be bad when you wake up after not eating all night.

No Not at all - I usually have none and just stick to water, if I do decide I have enough cals left for a splash of milk I will have one mug of tea in the afternoon and one mug of coffee about 8pm but that is it. I see what you mean though, I do think it would be worse in a morning wouldn't it if a lack of food was an issue, and it isn't. It was so bad on Sunday night I kept waking up and getting out of bed to answer the door haha thinking someone was knocking!

It is strange that while I was pregnant from 12wks to 6wks after birth it totally went, then as soon as my hormones etc returned to "normal" 6 weeks after the birth it came back - a lot of pregnant women GET PT while pregnant and then it goes after birth....not me, miss weirdo, I have it before hand and LOOSE it when pregnant and it returns after birth GRRRR. Oh well back to the Docs I go to ask them to refer me back to the ENT dept - I have done lots on investigation this week in to PT and it seems it is a result of something causing it, therefor we surely need to find out what is causing the issue and not just ignoring it! I fear as many docs do not know about PT then I get fobbed off.

Brrr anyway I'm cold today, my hands are like ice it feels like winter - were is summer???

So Today was first weigh day - hmmmm I don't seem to have lost anything at all. I have not put any weight on (always a bonus) but I was a bit naught and jumped on the scales on Saturday and was 5lb down so I was hoping to still be that this morning. Ho Hum I have read the weight can fluctuate for the first 2-4 weeks until it stables it's self out?? I'll see how I get in next Tuesday at weigh in, and next Tuesday is also measuring day, as I'm only going to measure every other week rather than weekly.

I'm still finding the DD's ok at the moment but this week I am going to have to switch it up and have something different for tea cause I don't want to bore of cous cous. I was also really chuffed yesterday, after a bit of bank holiday Sunday drinking, I managed to successfully complete a DD with no hang over food and no evening take away (even though hubby went and got him & the kids KFC! I held strong and refused!) I am really proud of myself for that ha!

Oh well roll on Next tuesday, I'm excited for it to arrive to see what happens with my weight loss - I'm feeling positive!

JUDDDing can put your hormones out of wack at first. I had 3 periods in the first two month on it and I 'm menopausal - I hadn't had one for 2 years so that was a shock. Its something to do with toxin leaving your body or something. If your PT is hormonal based it might be made worse. However I think getting referred is a good idea cos whatever causing it it must drive you insane.

Well done on resisting the KFC. It's my favourite take out and a good job we don't have one where we live. JUDDD does give some weight swings. I worked out, now I have proper scales, I've lost on average a lb a week since I started. Some weeks were more than others but that what it's averaged out too. I was also heavier then I thought when I started. xx

thanks ladybird. Yes it drives me bloody mental - I have to sleep with a rolled up pair of socks (you know when you roll 2 socks over each other to keep a pair together) slotted under my jaw so I can get to sleep - if it gets bad in the night and I have moved positions It wakes me up and I have to find the socks to get back off to sleep ha! I have been referred before and had CT & MRI's and they said nothing sinister was causing it and referred me back to the GP who said I had to just learn to manage it. It seem's since then the CTs & MRIs have become more detailed and the PT is more widely known and not fobbed off anymore - apparently you shouldn't be managing it, as what is causing it could be a bad issue so proper investigations need to go in to the cause in order to get rid of it! It does worry me at times, in case there is something sinister going on, but ya know, it's been so long now, I kind of think if something really bad were afoot then it would of reared it's ugly head by now.....I hope anyway! I am off work next Wednesday & Thursday so I'm going to get an appointment for then and take it from there - good to know though that JUDDD messes with hormones, that kind of goes hand in hand with the PT & Pregnancy going haywire! Oh yes I also have my TOTM when I only had it 2 weeks ago, I was confused ha!

Yes KFC is one of my top take outs ha - I was well pleased I didn't go for one as for 15 mins of pleasure I would of felt awful as soon as I finished it! I will take an average over a 4 week period then and work it out that way - perhaps a better way of doing it than week by week and being upset/annoyed if nothing happening on the scales (although measurements are more important to me!) - If I had the will power I would just get weighed every 4th Monday but Im a **** and can't resist jumping on all the time ha!

DD today and I'm pretty hungry right now - trying to ride out the growling untill 12.30 when I will crack open the soup! No idea what to have for tea either as boring off cous cous but not much in (and forgot to get any meat/fish out anyway DOH) I may have to do some re-search and see what cals are for other stuff today.

I really need to drink more water as well - so far today I have had none, well I had a cup of tea about 8.30 as I was totally stressed when I got to work as I got pulled for speeding this morning, I know, I know and I accept my actions (I was stuck behind someone going 20mph for about 5 miles so when we hit the dual carriage way I pulled out to over take (it's a 30pmh) and so he just looked at me, grinned and accelerated up to 30mph (w*nker) so I was really cross and went 40 to get past him, then saw the cop at the end with his gun. DOH. Oh well take it on the chin and remember not to let silly little willied men annoy me hehe. Wow that was a round about way of saying I need to drink more water ha!

Actually I have been noticing increasing dark circles under my eyes - is that a sign of dehydration, I don't think I am drinking enough!

Last night I had a delicious tea, a piece of Masala Fish (we get from Asda as they have a halal counter at the one near my work and its REALLY nice and a big piece (this one was just under 300g) for £2.20 ish!) so I cut it in half for me and DH, and did a big salad which was simply but gorgeous, mixed herb lettuce and spinach lettuce, a few small cubes of cheddar cheese, thinly slices pepper, then a thinly sliced onion & 3 (left over) pieces of bacon cubed up and fried off in a bit of olive oil till crispy, all tossed together with 1 table spoon of Ranch (just a really thin coating it gives it) - DH said it was the nicest salad he has ever had haha (I must admit it was DELICIOUS, I will be making it again, on purpose next time!)

I really hope you get some answers cos it would drive me insane. I have to sleep in total quiet. I have worn earplugs most of my adult life and woe betide OH if he snores :) Usually dark circles from dehydration is quite severe dehydration so it might be you are just tired from the racket your ear is making. The fish and salad sound delicious. I thik I will have that myself. :)

I really hope you get some answers cos it would drive me insane. I have to sleep in total quiet. I have worn earplugs most of my adult life and woe betide OH if he snores :) Usually dark circles from dehydration is quite severe dehydration so it might be you are just tired from the racket your ear is making. The fish and salad sound delicious. I thik I will have that myself. :)

Ha really, if it's not quiet can you not sleep then?? Bet your Hubby wakes up with a knee/elbow in his back if he starts snoring doesn't he haha

Ahh I wasn't sure if the dark circles from dehydration was one of the first stages or last stages, it must be one of the last stages then, so it can't be that - you are right I probably just need more sleep, or less broken sleep - or both! DD loves 5am at the moment, but I am a bit of a night owl rather than a morning bird and 11pm is the earliest I hit the hay, which would be ok if I got to sleep till 6.30 but not if I'm woken at 5 lol - but try telling a 21 month old it's not morning yet!

At the moment the fish and salad is one of my fave meals and it's relatively healthy so it all feels so good when I am eating it!

I kept cals down under 500 yest but It was quite hard, I was pretty hungry all day. For tea I had a 3 egg omelet with some onion and 3 slice of wafer thin chicken - I won't be having it again, it didn't fill me for very long and I was hungry again with in about 1.5 hrs.

I have to have a double up day today and tomorrow and switch my down day from Friday ro Saturday as I forgot I am out with friends Friday evening, we have no plans saturday so a DD will be fine, Sunday is Mums house for Sunday Roast.....no way I'm having a DD then haha!

I really hope the scales on Tuesday are on my side or I might feel a little disheartened!

Thank you.....I'm praying for a miracle but I sneaked on this morning (bad girl) and nada, nothing, zip. Not really holding out much hope for tomorrow.

I must be doing something wrong.

Probably not doing anything wrong. Might just be taking your body a while to get used to the difference in the way of eating.

Probably not doing anything wrong. Might just be taking your body a while to get used to the difference in the way of eating.

Yes hopefully this is what it is. I saw a post elsewhere where someone posted their weight daily and it fluctuated so much for the first 3-4 weeks so I am hoping that is is.

I actually was 17s 12lb this week and have consistently been bouncing back to that so I think I'm gonna go with a 2lb loss so far! Which I do actually think is brilliant when I'm not actually feeling like I am dieting and don't feel remotely guilty eating on my UD

I do feel conscious though that I am eating to much sh1t on my UD - I know in theory Dr J doesn't care how you get your UD Cals, just that you get them, but personally I care and think I need to be reigning it in. A Sausage butty every morning is just not acceptable lol - I have switched this to Poached egg on toast for example. I Really want to get back in to the Slimming world way of eating on my down days or I feel I am taking advantage and not teaching myself anything about self control!

I am going to measure myself again today as I have a pair of summer chinos on for work today which fit me when I bought them last summer, then I grew out of them a teeny bit (you know the kind you can fasten but have massive over hang and feel like you can't actually breathe!) but they fit again today, so I will see if I seem to have lost any CM's and that may/will make me feel much better.

I have just had the oddest dinner ever! I forgot my lunch today (I am at work) and the canteen doesn't have the best options so I got a small pot of "garden" cous cous (it had a few peas, and onions and pepper in it) which I estimated at about 50g (I know estimating is bad but I make 100g of cous cous every DD so I know what that is round about, and this was about half when I tipped it on a plate ha) I got a small pot of cottage cheese (I will have to fill the pot up at home an weigh it to see how much that was) and some onions (about a quarter of an onion) that were pickled in vinigar and I had some wholegrain crackerbreads in my draw (19 cals each so a good buy for a snack!). It was odd, but nice, or is that cause I was starving lol?

Last edited:
Woohoo! 2lbs gone. Well done :)

Thanks hun!

Iv'e been MIA for a few days as I have been off work and really busy but the nice Genius guys at the apple store fixed my laptop on Monday so I can now use it again whoop!

Anyway another 1lb off on weigh in on Tuesday and I got on again this morning and another 1lb gone, but I am not really counting this mornings loss as I only officially count Tuesday Morning weighs! There have been no change to measurements really, 2cm of the waist but that is all and I don't really know if that is right, I find it hard to measure, am I pulling it the same as I did before, am I in the same spot as last time etc.

It's coming off slowly, I think I am to impatient and I would like 2lb every week without fail and when that doesn't happen I get all annoyed!

Well done. You are doing great. JUDDD is slow but so is everything after a time. I've lost, on average, a lb a week every week since starting no matter what diet I did. At least on JUDDD you can have tasty food and a break every other day. xx

Well done. You are doing great. JUDDD is slow but so is everything after a time. I've lost, on average, a lb a week every week since starting no matter what diet I did. At least on JUDDD you can have tasty food and a break every other day. xx

yeah that is what is keeping me at it to be honest - as even though its 1lb a week average I'm not feeling the "diet" at all - it's like every other day is a standard none diet day, so loosing without really restricting is great. I do need to rein in the UD though, I'm staying in my cals but I need good cals not bad cals - i.e last night I really should of had the muller light in the fridge instead of the last Millionaires shortbread square that I made last weekend for my sons football fundraiser! haha

Well done on the loss. Muller light or millionaires short bread... No competition there ha ha.
Youre doing so well. Think I should measure myself too as I know measurements sometime show when the scales don't.

it's the first time I had made millionaires short bread and I must say it was bloody delicious - nicer than a lot of shop bought versions I have had before! It was well worth it and yeah FAR better than a muller light. I do actually like the muller lights, well only Rasberry, toffee and some times vanilla (depending on my mood!) so I don't mind scoffing them.

I am going back to Slimming World tonight - I don't feel I am controlling my UP's sensibly, I think for the first week I will be following SW 100% (so no UP/DD) then after that will assess and perhaps bring the JUDDD back in to it. I think I may be more successful on SW this time as if JUDDD has taught me anything it is that I can happily & easily go without out having to constantly stuff my face

Last edited:
Back