My slim for life journal

Day 15...

WI this morning and I STS :cry:

I had actually lost 1lb during the week but I had put it on again by this morning. I know what went wrong - I was too tired to cook last night for the first time and I got Chinese food. I did however have plain boiled rice and less than 1/2 a portion, also had mushroom curry and some hot and sour soup. With my Ryvita from the day I used 19 syns, and considering I only used 4.5 syns the day before that and I think even less the day before that I thought it would be okay. Oh well, I know for next time that this isn't a good idea.

I've also not had any time this week to exercise, so my goal of 4 times a week wasn't met at all. :cry:

I'm angry with myself but determined to do better next week. I don't think a STS is very good for a 2nd weigh in, I only needed 1.5lbs to get my 1/2 stone award. But that WILL be mine next week.

I'm not sure what I need to change next week other than...

1. More exercise
2. Smaller portions - I don't think my portions are excessive in the slightest but it might help - having 1 veggie sausage instead of 2, etc.
3. Try not to eat a baked potato at lunch time and possibly eat less sweetcorn - I ate a lot of sweetcorn this week.
4. Cut out my daily Options. Although only 2 syns maybe it's not a good way to use them?

Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true. I really thought I had it made, I was enjoying my diet, I was able to have my daily treat of an Options hot chocolate :cry: It's just going to feel like a proper diet next week. But if I want to be slim...

Have a good weekend all. X

Last edited:
To be honest, I wouldn't be too hasty about making changes. Your body might just be in panic mode after a good loss last week. You should use your treats on the things you enjoy and if that means Cadburys Options then have them. If you don't you'll become bitter and twisted .... like me :rotflmao: :p Seriously though, my weightloss stalled a few weeks ago, and I actually found that eating more syns (I never used to eat my full quota) and making sure I had all my HexBs boosted my weight loss.

It is of course entirely up to you, but in your shoes I would be inclined to keep on with what you did the first week for another week or so, if things aren't working, then you might need to tweak what you're eating a bit.

Good luck this week anyway, whatever you decide :fingerscrossed:

I agree with Ozzie - if something's working for you and keeping you satisfied (not falling off the wagon) then you should stick with it. You could have STS for many reasons (the Chinese meal out of nowhere probably caused you to retain some water as it will have been carblicious whether you made healthy choices or not) so I wouldn't give up just yet on what has been working.

I know there's nothing more frustrating than a 'maintain' when you feel you deserved more, but the only thing you can do is try and keep your eye on the bigger picture. It's not a race, and the fact that you are training your brain to make healthier choices is way more important (I think) than winning SoTW ten times in a row or whatever.

Have a little faith in you. You deserve it. x

Thank you both of you for your lovely replies.

I've been doing loads of housework today which has kept me so busy that I've not eaten a thing - I'm not even hungry. I'll have something in a bit though.

I have never felt this way on a diet before, I really feel this could work for me, I was just feeling sorry for myself after a week of really watching everything I ate. The Chinese wasn't even particularly nice, I was just too tired to cook. I think being prepared is the number one tip I would give anyone wanting to try SW! You need to know exactly what you're going to eat and when and make cooking dinner a priority over doing other things, just to get it out of the way and done!

I was really naughty this week and weighed myself every day, I'm going to get the OH to hide the scales this week and only weigh myself on Sat (WI day).

Thank you both again, I know in my heart of hearts that SW is the right thing for me and that I will lose the weight this way, i just have to keep going. My clothes are still getting baggier no matter what the scales have said this week!

*hugs* to you both. X

Day 17...

I've had a really busy day today and my breakfast turned into two Activia FF yogurts and that's all I had until lunch when I only had time for a baked potato with cauliflower and sweetcorn.

I'm feeling positive this week, I've hidden my scales and I'm not allowing myself to touch them until Sat 11th. I'm nervous in case I STS for another week, but hey ho!

I got off the bus TWO stops early today and had a 10 minute walk home - could even have been a little more. I wasn't going for speed, I just took it easy and enjoyed the sun - it was so nice to have some time on my own, outside. I don't get that often, if ever!

So yeah, feeling pretty good, my clothes are still loose, I managed to wear a pair of trousers yesterday that were a whole size smaller than the ones I was wearing last week (and today). Woop.

I have loads of melon for this week - I realise that I ate more melon in my first week and that might have had something to do with my loss?

Oh, another thing i noticed this week... I wash my hair every day, i just do... I know it's not good for your hair, etc but I just always have... anyway, the day after I've washed it, it looks MUCH less oily. Good huh?

That's it for now, i'm rambling.

BYE!

Hello all!

Sorry I've been absent, I've been stupidly busy with OU, work and Cubs! But here I am...

It was WI this morning and .... I lost 2.5lbs and got my 1/2 stone award!!! So that's 7.5lbs in 3 weeks, my STS last week doesn't seem to matter anymore!

I'm still loving it, I've still not cheated once. I believe I've been 100% since I started 3 weeks ago. I think I'll be eternally grateful that I don't get cravings for sweets and chocolates, etc. My weakness is Indian food and I've not even craved that really - I've made some killer curries over the past 2 weeks!

I got myself some new scales today, they are lovely and digital. Whoop.

What else? Oh yes... At Cubs on Friday night we decorated cakes for Mother's day. I was SURROUNDED by icing, sweets, more sweets, chocolate, more chocolate, even more chocolate, sugar decorations... and not ONE entered my mouth. Good stuff, huh?

I'm all prepared for next week, I got some herbal water retention tablets and some green tea. I'm hoping this might help with my puffy legs and ankles. We'll see.

I've had various people at work commenting on my weight loss this week - 2 people said I had lost weight on my face, one said I had lost weight on my tummy and another said my waist was looking slimmer! What a boost!

Anyhooo... i'll stop ranting now. *does a dance*

Oh, and by using a HEB wholemeal roll and HEA cheese I can have a burger!!! Quorn, beef style sweet red onion burger with salad - delicious!!!!

Hello!

Wow, it's been 2 weeks since I updated and I feel that I should write something down.

I just tried on a pair of jeans that I couldn't get on when I got them during my first week (I think). I've tried them on at intervals and once I managed to get them on they were impossible to do up without doing myself an injury and with my bum hanging out the back... but I just tried them on (bear in mind that it's also * week) and I just did them up with no struggle at all and with just a little bit of builder's bum.

I'm just over the moon, I really am. I'm also feeling a little guilty as it hasn't really been a struggle for me so far. I am trying to move past the guilt and enjoy the loss at the moment because I know it won't always be easy.

I've managed to eat out 3 times since being on plan - I think this is my 7th week. I've lost 16lbs and a sneaky additional weigh in this week showed another 2lb loss. But I've eaten out since then so we will see on Saturday.

I'm having people comment on my appearance almost daily. It's not always directly about my weight, just that I'm looking really well, that my face looks really different (in a good way, lol) and so on... so that is motivation for me to carry on.

I've been a little naughty over the last week and not really kept a food diary. I'm giving myself a break. I think it's okay as I eat nowhere near my syns limit and I'm comfortable with the plan and I know what I can and can't have.

I made the most delicious potato wedges this evening and I just can't believe I've not had an Indian take away in... probably 8 weeks or something.

So yeah, not quite sure where I'm going with all this, I'm just ranting but it's nice to get it all down. I'm still not ready to expose myself and let you all know how much I actually have to lose but I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Wearing jeans as an adult would be nice and I'm starting to think that being a size 14 or even close to that isn't an impossibility, even if I have NEVER been that size before...

Anyway, enough rambling. Thank you for reading.

NSM. x

Hello! I'm still pretty new at it but I'm really enjoying it :)

I'm feeling very positive about SW today, not that I don't always but today has been a particularly good day for feeling the positive vibes.

I put my jeans on again - I just can't help it. I reckon I should be able to wear them out in a couple of weeks and that thought alone just makes me so happy, even if they are in a big size. You've got to start somewhere, right? They are still a size smaller than the size I was when i started and I always think that jeans come up a little smaller than trousers.

Today I've had:

3 babybel light (HEA)
16 (1/2 a tube) of Smarties - I'm not usually into chocolate, this is the 2nd time I've had it in 7 weeks! - 4.5 syns
Options mint hot chocolate sachet - 2 syns
Risotto
1 apple Alpen light (.5 HEB)
1 strawberry Alpen light (.5 HEB)
Quorn mince "chilli" w/ pasta and home made salsa/salad (fresh chilli, coriander, red pepper, green pepper, red onion, lime juice, black pepper)
Diet coke

It's weigh in number... 8 tomorrow and I'm so excited *does a dance* after staying the same last week I would really like to have a 3lb loss.

I've got the trousers on that I was wearing the day I started SW because the only ones that fit me properly now are in the wash, and I'm swimming in them! Luckily I've not had to leave the house today, I would need some braces!

I might treat myself to a meringue nest and FF vanilla yogurt in a bit because I think I need a treat.

Ciao.

Last edited:
I just had WI and I lost 5lbs!!! Woooooooo. I'm so pleased. I've eaten out twice this week so this is a massive loss. My attitude to food (hey, that rhymes) has completely changed and I can only thank SW and you guys for that. It sounds like I'm accepting an Oscar!

So yes, 21lbs so far and you can see my latest shiny thing in my signature. Roll on next week! Oh and it turns out that it's been 6 weeks, not 7! For some reason I thought I was on week 7 last week! D'oh.

Thank you for that! A nice little boost on a Sunday afternoon! :D

I'm not quite sure what's happening, but I like it. It's almost like SW has found my metabolism switch & switched it on after it laying there getting dusty for all these years.

I had a rubbish day food wise yesterday, we ended up going out and it wasn't ideal. Not in the sense that I ate, in the sense that I didn't!! I have a Quorn bacon wholemeal bap with ketchup before we went out and then a mini creme egg when we were out and that was about it! I wasn't hungry though, which was good.

I am now though, so it's brunch time!!!

Quorn bacon and ketchup bap (HEB + 1syn)
Spiced carrot soup
2 roasted corn on the cob
2 stuffed portobello mushrooms (HEA for babybel)
Thai spiced potato wedges

Snacks:
Cadbury mini creme egg (2.5 syns)
Mini milk - vanilla (1.5 syns)
Cadbury mini creme egg (2.5 syns)
Mini Babybel light x3 (HEA)

Diet coke
NAS squash
Evian

Back