My sole (source) to soul life changing journey

I started Cambridge on Monday so today is Day 4! I'm not gonna lie, these first few days have tested me and I'm sure there's plenty more of that along the way, but I'm SO determined and excited for results that I'm going to see this through no matter what.

My reasons for losing weight
  • My BMI is now 32 (I'm 5'4" and 13st 5lbs).
  • I have PCOS and trying for a baby (2 years TTC).
  • Life is too short (people often use this as an excuse to indulge in whatever food they like) ... to be unhappy and uncomfortable in my own body!
  • I won't let another summer pass by where I struggle with what to wear and how to cover my arms. This year I want to wear strappy vest tops and shorts!
  • I want to wear nice outfits on nights out with friends and not feel like 'the fat one'.
  • My boyfriend really wants me to do this (for myself) and is being super supportive. I also want my family to be proud of me that I can achieve this and be happier.
  • I want to change my mindset so I don't seek comfort in food and alcohol any longer.
  • To prove to myself that I am strong willed and my sheer determination will see me through

The first four days on plan
I met with my consultant a few days before I planned to start Cambridge and bought a selection of tetras (easy for taking to work), shakes and soups. My consultant is brilliant - she's come to my house for the meetings, and she's been really supportive with text messages checking how I'm finding the first week. She also has a Facebook support group for her clients which I've joined.

Day one - In one word, STARVING! I was so hungry I woke up in the middle of the night with hunger pangs. Keeping myself busy at work and drinking litres of sparkling water helped.
Day two - Equally as hungry :( I felt mentally challenged with how on earth I was going to live like this for 12 weeks, but stuck with it in the knowledge that soon I'll be in ketosis.
Day three - No terrible headaches, but felt weak and very low on energy. Got a bit dizzy cleaning the cats litter tray in the morning, so called in sick and rested at home on the sofa all day and went to bed early.
Day four - Woke up with a taste in my mouth like I'd been sucking pennies, so I think I'm in ketosis now. However, the constant hunger is still there - will it ever go? Still drinking well over 2 litres of water each day.

My verdict on the products
As it's only day 4, I've only had 12 of the 21 products I bought - I'm doing 3 per day, but won't have my weigh in until day 9. Enjoying 'trying for the first time' novelty this week, but I reckon in a few weeks when I've tried everything I'll get bored with them and feel envious of my other half eating steaks and nice salads. Must not think this way though and remember this is just a small section of my life that will be so worthwile.
  • The tetra pack shakes are not bad - they're really convenient for taking to work for lunch. Happy with all three flavours.
  • Packet shakes are really nice - I've tried chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch and all were delicious. I'm using v.cold water and my blender to make them but will try blending with ice when my freezer is defrosted.
  • Soups are hit and miss - Oriental chilli is great (like red thai coconut soup), tomato and basil not bad with a bit of extra seasoning (I used garlic salt, black pepper and chilli flakes), chicken and mushroom not so nice although I made this one by just whisking with a fork whereas the others made in a blender tasted less powdery. To be honest though it's just nice to have a hot savoury option for my dinner!
I'm looking forward to week 3 when I can start having the bars. It will be good to be able to chew something rather than a totally liquid diet.

So there you go! I'm already feeling a little thinner in the face, and I snook on the scales a few times and appear to have already lost 5lbs although I'm not relying on my scales as they're a bit dodgy. I'm so excited for Tuesday 24th when I'll see how much I've lost in lbs and inches. I keep wondering how long it will be before I can fit into my old jeans and that thought is keeping me sane right now :)

Weigh in and Week 2

Results

Weight: 13st (5.5lbs off)
Measurements: 3.5 inches off! 1 inch off my waist, chest, hips and half an inch off my arms!

How do I feel about this?
I'm so thrilled with this, especially the measurements. To be honest, after reading other peoples first week losses online, part of me was hoping I would also get a 10lb loss or something. But my consultant said that because I only have 3 stones to lose, that wouldn't happen for me. And I stuck to the plan 100%, so whatever I lost was whatever my body was capable of doing.

Week 2 goal
My goal for the next weigh in on Tuesday 3rd March is to see 12 stone something when I step on the scales. I'm not holding my hopes up for another 5lb loss as I know it will slow down after that first week, but 3lbs would be fantastic. Then I would be on track for having lost a stone in just a month!

Food thoughts
I'm going to try the new mushroom risotto savoury meal for dinner this evening. Really looking forward to that! It'll be nice to chew something and feel like I'm eating a real meal rather than everything liquid.
I also have to go for a lunch with my team at work on Monday (sad that it's day before my weigh in!). I asked my consultant to look through the menu of where I'll be eating and help me choose something 'sole source plus' style that I could order on the day. The restaurant do a chicken dish, so I'll ask for that with seasonal veg rather than potatoes (and leave carrots if they serve them) and have the sauce on the side (which I won't eat). I really hope this meal doesn't affect my weight loss or knock me into thinking about cheating and having more real food.
My dreams have featured food quite a lot this week. I've also found that I'm obbsessing over what everyone else is eating and watching cooking programmes on tv. And I do think "ooh that french onion soup with cheesy croutons (or whatever else) looks delicious!", but there is NO WAY I would give up on this diet now. If I was to stop here, I would gain back those horrible inches of fat and feel miserable. So they are staying off, and more to follow!

Hiya...you're doing really well so just thought I would stop and say so! I'm on day 2 today so still feeling the hunger and wanting to eat anything and everything but I know it'll pass. I did the diet for a short term goal last summer and did ok on it but I know how hard it is. Keep up the good work and you'll feel great!x

Hiya...you're doing really well so just thought I would stop and say so! I'm on day 2 today so still feeling the hunger and wanting to eat anything and everything but I know it'll pass. I did the diet for a short term goal last summer and did ok on it but I know how hard it is. Keep up the good work and you'll feel great!x

Hi, thanks so much for your message :) your name made me smile immediately because one of the reasons spurring me on to complete the 12 weeks sole source is that I'm going to Parga on holiday at the end of May! I hope your day 3 is going ok and once you're through that first week it gets easier (as you already know). I had a day of craving meat yesterday, and today I can feel that I'm coming down with a cold, but I'm still 100% on plan and looking forward to trying the spag bol savoury meal at weekend. I thought the mushroom rissotto was good by the way, it made a change from all liquid! Good luck! x

Aww haha, that's why I did tha diet last year, we went out there on the 1st of June for a wedding. Have you been before? We love it, hopefully going this year but it fills up fast! It is hard but the results are fab. Last time I found I started having the odd bit of chicken here and there thinking it was ok, but then I would have some peas with it, then would get kfc and take the skin off ( but mainly leave it on ha & I hate kfc!!) just started getting into bad habits which makes it harder. I'm struggling today but feeling determined, it does feel like ketosis is kicking in. Yeah I'm going to get the spag & risotto next week. The bars are good...but!! I found myself getting 7 for the week and eating them all pretty much straight after I got weighed haha. I think just a couple a week this time. Also, on the water front, tonight I got some cranberry & blood orange teabags and popped a couple in a large glass of sparkling water and it tasted quite nice, a bit Sherbert'ish. Not the most exciting thing in the world but takes the boredom out of the water slightly.x

Weigh in and Week 2

Results

Weight: 13st (5.5lbs off)
Measurements: 3.5 inches off! 1 inch off my waist, chest, hips and half an inch off my arms!

I'm so thrilled with this, especially the measurements. To be honest, after reading other peoples first week losses online, part of me was hoping I would also get a 10lb loss or something. But my consultant said that because I only have 3 stones to lose, that wouldn't happen for me. And I stuck to the plan 100%, so whatever I lost was whatever my body was capable of doing.

Week 2 goal
My goal for the next weigh in on Tuesday 3rd March is to see 12 stone something when I step on the scales. I'm not holding my hopes up for another 5lb loss as I know it will slow down after that first week, but 3lbs would be fantastic. Then I would be on track for having lost a stone in just a month!

Food thoughts
I'm going to try the new mushroom risotto savoury meal for dinner this evening. Really looking forward to that! It'll be nice to chew something and feel like I'm eating a real meal rather than everything liquid.
I also have to go for a lunch with my team at work on Monday (sad that it's day before my weigh in!). I asked my consultant to look through the menu of where I'll be eating and help me choose something 'sole source plus' style that I could order on the day. The restaurant do a chicken dish, so I'll ask for that with seasonal veg rather than potatoes (and leave carrots if they serve them) and have the sauce on the side (which I won't eat). I really hope this meal doesn't affect my weight loss or knock me into thinking about cheating and having more real food.
My dreams have featured food quite a lot this week. I've also found that I'm obbsessing over what everyone else is eating and watching cooking programmes on tv. And I do think "ooh that french onion soup with cheesy croutons (or whatever else) looks delicious!", but there is NO WAY I would give up on this diet now. If I was to stop here, I would gain back those horrible inches of fat and feel miserable. So they are staying off, and more to follow!

Hey Lauren. Congrats on your weigh-in. Trust me 5.5 lbs is a very good loss. I lost 4 lbs in the first week. And like you, I was a tad disappointed as it seems low compared to the losses I see here on this forum. But, a loss is a loss. Besides most of the loss in the first week is water and glycogen in our liver, so really it is the next few weeks that matter. My weight loss goals are similar to yours and I have managed to lose over a stone in five weeks (I lose weight slowly). Just stick to it and you will see results. All the best! :)

Hey Lauren. Congrats on your weigh-in. Trust me 5.5 lbs is a very good loss. I lost 4 lbs in the first week. And like you, I was a tad disappointed as it seems low compared to the losses I see here on this forum. But, a loss is a loss. Besides most of the loss in the first week is water and glycogen in our liver, so really it is the next few weeks that matter. My weight loss goals are similar to yours and I have managed to lose over a stone in five weeks (I lose weight slowly). Just stick to it and you will see results. All the best! :)

Hi @Obs thanks for your messge! Your progress so far is inspiring, well done! Good to hear that from someone with similar goals and starting point :) x

Week 2 weigh in and week 3

Results
Weight: 12st 9.5lbs (4.5lbs off! So 10lbs in 2 weeks :))
Measurements: 0.5inches off waist, 0.5in off arms and 3in off thighs!

So happy and shocked! I really didn't feel like I had lost anything this week and was expecting maybe a pound or two off, so to get these results and see my measurements going down and down is fantastic. I know I can reach my goal now, I'm so focused and determined to get there. In week 2 I celebrated buying a house with 2 sips of champagne then made my boyfriend finish the glass, and went out for my mum's birthday and had a shake while everyone else had a 3 course meal. I also had to go for a working lunch at a restaurant yesterday and ordered salmon and left the potatoes and most of the sauce. If I can do that, then I can get through any situation that might come up!

Week 3 goal
I'm 4lbs off a stone loss now so my goal for next week is 4lbs. I don't have any occasions in the way this week so I'm happy to say that week 3 will be 100% SS+. I also want to start doing some toning exersizes as well as the walking to and from work. Hopefully this will help me acheive the toned arms I want when I'm at my goal.

Food thoughts
I tried my first bar this morning - Lemon and Yogurt. It was lovely! Although I read the nutrition info on the back and it said a bar has 20g carbs - I don't understand how I can stay in ketosis with that amount of carbs so I'm a bit worried they will slow my weightloss down. I also bought more of the risotto and spag bol for evening meals this week as I really enjoyed them.
Last night I dreamt that I was bingeing on chocolate truffles and woke up feeling really worried and guilty! LOL!
I'm keeping a list of all the food cravings I get - this is helping me get through them and think to myself "one day I will eat this, but not today". I've noticed that nothing on the list is sweet, all savoury, and many of the things on my list are similar, so perhaps that means my body is trying to tell me it needs more dairy or something?

My cravings list - Dim sum, French onion soup, ham & cheese toastie/Cuban sandwich/Croque monsieur, sausages, Middle Eastern cuisine (lamb, tabouleh etc), Nandos chicken, posh restaurant fish & chips.

I hope everyone else is as pleased with their results this week and fired up for another 100% week! x

Last edited:
Aww haha, that's why I did tha diet last year, we went out there on the 1st of June for a wedding. Have you been before? We love it, hopefully going this year but it fills up fast! It is hard but the results are fab. Last time I found I started having the odd bit of chicken here and there thinking it was ok, but then I would have some peas with it, then would get kfc and take the skin off ( but mainly leave it on ha & I hate kfc!!) just started getting into bad habits which makes it harder. I'm struggling today but feeling determined, it does feel like ketosis is kicking in. Yeah I'm going to get the spag & risotto next week. The bars are good...but!! I found myself getting 7 for the week and eating them all pretty much straight after I got weighed haha. I think just a couple a week this time. Also, on the water front, tonight I got some cranberry & blood orange teabags and popped a couple in a large glass of sparkling water and it tasted quite nice, a bit Sherbert'ish. Not the most exciting thing in the world but takes the boredom out of the water slightly.x

Hey, hope you're doing well and avoiding that KFC ;) No, we haven't been to Parga before but my Mum has. It looks gorgeous, I can't wait! Just hope I can wear a swimming costume on the beach and feel less like a whale haha! This is where we're staying Hotel in Parga Krioneri Beach.
That cranberry and blood orange drink of yours sounds lovely, I might have to try that, thanks for the tip xx

Hey there!
I enjoyed reading your diary, seems like your doing a great job! Keep it up! :D

For me it's my first day, but I've been on the program before(but then stopped after 3,5 weeks).

@Parga, Aren't the cranberry-blood orange going to kick you out of ketosis? My coach advised me not to use any tea with fruits in it..?
You do inspire me to make some frizz water mint tea though! Hmmm ;)

Week 2 weigh in and week 3

Results
Weight: 12st 9.5lbs (4.5lbs off! So 10lbs in 2 weeks :))
Measurements: 0.5inches off waist, 0.5in off arms and 3in off thighs!

So happy and shocked! I really didn't feel like I had lost anything this week and was expecting maybe a pound or two off, so to get these results and see my measurements going down and down is fantastic. I know I can reach my goal now, I'm so focused and determined to get there. In week 2 I celebrated buying a house with 2 sips of champagne then made my boyfriend finish the glass, and went out for my mum's birthday and had a shake while everyone else had a 3 course meal. I also had to go for a working lunch at a restaurant yesterday and ordered salmon and left the potatoes and most of the sauce. If I can do that, then I can get through any situation that might come up!

Week 3 goal
I'm 4lbs off a stone loss now so my goal for next week is 4lbs. I don't have any occasions in the way this week so I'm happy to say that week 3 will be 100% SS+. I also want to start doing some toning exersizes as well as the walking to and from work. Hopefully this will help me acheive the toned arms I want when I'm at my goal.

Food thoughts
I tried my first bar this morning - Lemon and Yogurt. It was lovely! Although I read the nutrition info on the back and it said a bar has 20g carbs - I don't understand how I can stay in ketosis with that amount of carbs so I'm a bit worried they will slow my weightloss down. I also bought more of the risotto and spag bol for evening meals this week as I really enjoyed them.
Last night I dreamt that I was bingeing on chocolate truffles and woke up feeling really worried and guilty! LOL!
I'm keeping a list of all the food cravings I get - this is helping me get through them and think to myself "one day I will eat this, but not today". I've noticed that nothing on the list is sweet, all savoury, and many of the things on my list are similar, so perhaps that means my body is trying to tell me it needs more dairy or something?

My cravings list - Dim sum, French onion soup, ham & cheese toastie/Cuban sandwich/Croque monsieur, sausages, Middle Eastern cuisine (lamb, tabouleh etc), Nandos chicken, posh restaurant fish & chips.

I hope everyone else is as pleased with their results this week and fired up for another 100% week! x

Congrats on your week 2 weigh in Lauren. 4.5 lbs is fantastic. This way you'll catch up to me in no time. :) Keep it up and all the best for week 3.

Hey there!
I enjoyed reading your diary, seems like your doing a great job! Keep it up! :D

For me it's my first day, but I've been on the program before(but then stopped after 3,5 weeks).

@Parga, Aren't the cranberry-blood orange going to kick you out of ketosis? My coach advised me not to use any tea with fruits in it..?
You do inspire me to make some frizz water mint tea though! Hmmm ;)

Hey, thanks for your message! I'm happy to hear you enjoy my diary - I'm enjoying writing it! How are you getting on with the diet? x

Week 3 weigh in and the week ahead - coming up to 1 month!

Results
Weight: 12st 7lbs (2.5lbs off, 12.5lbs in total)
Measurements: 0.5 inches off waist, chest & hips, 0.25 inchesoff thighs

A bit deflated if I'm honest :sigh: I completed a totally 100% week, and really pushed myself with exercise (big hill walk at weekend and an hours walking a day during the week) so was expecting a bigger loss. Perhaps as it's my time of the month I'm retaining a bit of water? I really thought I'd hit that 4lbs to make it a whole stone off. I even 'noticed' the weightloss more this week and felt slightly smaller in my clothes and the mirror. However, my consultant said it's quite normal for week 3 to be a slow week, and next week will probably be a big loss. I just have to look at the bigger picture and give credit to the fact I've lost almost a stone in 3 weeks, only 1.5lbs off a stone! And if you imagine that in those horrible fake fat blocks, it's A LOT!

100170449_creative-commons--flickr-com-http-www-flickr-com-photos-dogwelder-34645721

Week 4 goal
Obviously, my aim for next weigh in is to be less than 12st 5lbs - then I can say I've lost over a stone in a month! And again, there are no occassions in the way this week so I can focus and put in another 100%er. I haven't yet done any sit ups or squats or arm toning exercises (although plenty of walking) so that's another goal for this week, even if I only do one session.

Food thoughts
I have my favourite products now out of the range so ordered those again for this week. I'm not having so much trouble with craving this week. I've felt PMT symptoms quite badly though - I have broken out in spots on my chin, and been very tired and irritable. In fact this morning I'm in a 'don't cross me' mood! I just want to be at home and have a hot bath and cuddle my cats! Sorry if this posts sounds negative, I hope everyone is keeping up the good work and keeping their goal in mind xx

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to insert images into posts? The function in the tool bar only appears to let me insert URLs of images and not insert from files on computer. I tried to post a pic of the 5lbs of fat block!

For some reason I'm REALLY struggling today. I just want to eat! I would kill for a sandwich, I can't stop thinking about food. I need to stay strong! Hoping that tomorrow's weigh in will be good and that will motivate me to continue 100%.

Well done on ur loss! Your doing great!

I started Exante last week which is similar to CD... 13s 1.... Your diary has defo motivated me to keep going!

I go away 30 April and hoping to lose as much as I can by then to get back in my honeymoon clothes from last April when I was about 11s.9

Have a great week!

Well done on ur loss! Your doing great!

I started Exante last week which is similar to CD... 13s 1.... Your diary has defo motivated me to keep going!

I go away 30 April and hoping to lose as much as I can by then to get back in my honeymoon clothes from last April when I was about 11s.9

Have a great week!

Thanks CrazyLadyA! We have similar start weight and goal :) I'd not heard of Exante before. Hope your week is going well, and keep those honeymoon clothes in mind! x

Week 4 weigh in and the week ahead - I'm a third of the way there!

Results
Weight: 12st 7lbs (0lbs off, 12.5lbs in total)
Measurements: 0.5 inches off waist & chest, 0.25 inches off arms

Like ****. I could cry :cry:My consultant said I'm probably retaining water and haven't been drinking enough of it this week - apparently you need more water when having the bars (why didn't I know this?!). I really needed to see a loss this week after feeling disappointed with my 2.5lb loss last week. All week I've been feeling demotivated and fighting cravings off constantly. It seems so unfair that I've worked hard all week and stuck to it yet have NO pound loss, not a single pound. Why is my body so f#ck*ng stubborn?! I hate it! BUT... I am choosing to focus on the fact that I've lost 0.5inch off my waist and my chest, so I HAVE lost body fat. I trust the measurements more than the scales. And look at the bigger picture, this is one bad week out of what will be many good ones and an overall attainment of my goal (eventually! however long it takes).

Week 5 goal
In my head I believe I deserve a big loss next week after this crushing dissappointment. I'm going to be ambitious and go for 4lbs off which will take me to 12st3lbs. Then I have one more weigh in on 31st March when I aim to get into the 11s! I'm going to follow my consultants advice and drink even more water every day. I'm also going to do a couple of 30 Day Shred workouts and continue with the walking.

Food thoughts
Perhaps it's the bars that are slowing my weight loss down? I ordered them again for this week (5), one a day during the week. So I'll see how the next weigh in goes, and if it's another dissappointment I'm going back to just shakes, soups and savoury meals. Cravings can F#*K OFF. I'm so determined to do well this week nothing will get in the way!

Have a great week CWPers, I hope you're doing better than I am! xx

Hey Lauren!

You have done amazingly well do not let a stay the same get u down.. It's better than a gain!

I was always told on CD and even Exante that u shouldn't have more than 1 bar a day and top up with extra water when u have them.. I'd defo cut down and see how u get on xx

Hope u have a great week! Keep ur head up

PS.. Exante is another vlc diet but bought on the net from their site and you don't have a councillor visiting u x

Hey Lauren!

You have done amazingly well do not let a stay the same get u down.. It's better than a gain!

I was always told on CD and even Exante that u shouldn't have more than 1 bar a day and top up with extra water when u have them.. I'd defo cut down and see how u get on xx

Hope u have a great week! Keep ur head up

PS.. Exante is another vlc diet but bought on the net from their site and you don't have a councillor visiting u x

Thanks for the words of encouragement. You're right, it's better than a gain!

And it's made me super determined this week - I did a 30 Day Shred workout last night! I'm actually not as unfit as I thought. Going to do it again tomorrow, Saturday & Sunday :)

Back