My starting point

Hi all,
Felt like I needed to do this, today I pick up my first set of food packs for hopefully what will be my last time of dieting. I have said to myself it's now or never and with the help of my Sister ( who has lost over 5 st with LL) I will do it this time.
So any tips or advice will be gratefully recieved:eek:

Hi Maybe. Welcome and good luck on your LL start!

I have said all along, and I stand by what I believe is the basis of my success:

Positive thinking. Believe you will - not can - but WILL see this to the end. You have got to feel that in your heart! And SEE yourself as you want to be.....in all scenarios. Just form images ofyourself all the time, and picture yourself slim. As the weight drops so quickly, pretty soon when you look in the mirror you will see the images you have formed in your head realising, you could actually do this!! And you can.

Do your vey best to be 100%. There will always be other parties, holidays, family gatherings, etc.....forget about food completely. It just doesn;t matter. For now, you CHOOSE to have 4 packs a day. And thats it. If you wanted to eat food at a party, well, then you wouldnt be doing LL. Ya know?

Once you are in the "zone", stay there. The time FLIES. I promise you. Do not allow yourself to get bored with the packs. Just don;t think about them that much, or give them that much time. They are nutrition. SImple as. They are not meant to taste like a pizza, or a kebab, or a garden salad, or whatever strikes your fancy. They are to assist you in breaking bad habits with food and to give you an unbiased time to examine your relationship with food. DOn't muddle it up by picking.

Get in there, buckle down, stay 100% and do this only once.

Give it your best shot!

You will reap massive rewards.

Good luck!!

Well here I am at the beginning of week 2 and so far have found it fairly easy. No major worries or upsets so looking good so far :0)

Looks like we're around the same stage, Maybe - I'm on day 8 today. My next weigh-in is on Thursday, praying for a good loss to cheer me up - my mood is very up and down. Pity my family! I've run out of peanut bars and I'm feeling very growly.

I can only agree with BL on this. Although saying that, I think she was alot more sure of herself starting (i am speculating here) When I started all I knew above all else is that I did not want to be fat anymore. I was terrified my housemate almost had to push me out the door for my first meeting. And from that day to this I have not looked back here I sit today for the first time in many many years wearing a skirt that falls just below my knee and in pink...5stone lighter and probably another 5stone in issues with food lighter.
The only advise I would give you is to take onboard all that is said at the meetings and work that through.

Good luck the worst is out the way is all downhill from here.

Well, I was fully mentally prepared, that is true Tange, but of course I had doubts going in to it, always in the back of my mind, but as they weight started falling, and I saw I could get through the day easily on only 4 drinks, etc., then it kicked in, and I felt and knew "I am going to do this, this time. Period." And that feeling just got stronger and stronger. But yeah - I was fully embedded in it mentally before beginning - and I believe that made a huge difference.

At first I was dissappointed I had to wait weeks to start, due to Christmas hols, etc., but in the end, that only worked to my advantage.

Its great as you say, to be doing things now, and wearing things now that we have not done for YEARS!!! It really has been life changing, and I often, most days, reflect on what it was like before I started. The pain - physical and mental - the burden - the depression - the longing to be slim and feeling it was never meant to be for me - all those things....and I know I will never ever go back. Ever. Tearing up now remembering what it was like. Its so hard being a fat person. No one that has not been fat can even remotely relate. But it's such a painful existance in so many ways - at least it was for me - I just know, I will never ever go back. Ever.
xx

Back