My story warts n all....I've started

Got woken again with the dog's head in the cat flap; why oh why do we have to have a stupid dog lol. It wasn't quite as early today and my DH got up and dealt with her.
Our last lot of chestnut is being delivered here today so have to stack it; but got lots of long thin pieces that needs cutting with an axe to make kindling. Guess what I'm doing today!
Hubby wants to start cutting the laurel hedges and conifers today in preparation for winter; then we have to drag/wheelbarrow the clippings down the garden to where we will have a bonfire next month.
We were expecting a call from the sky man to bring our new sky+ box today, but we haven't heard anything, so it mustn't have arrived; Oh how we miss our sky channels.

Lol @ your dog, I wonder if there has been something outside enticing her? I feel for you not having any sky channels, couldn't live with my sky+. The weight must be dropping off of you with all this manual work, it might not show so much on the scales due to muscle mass (as you said before) but the inches must be going by the minute! x

it is my weigh day tomorrow and I am going to measure myself as I havent been near a tape measure since the day I started Exante. So I am hoping to see a decent drop in numbers, especially after the manual work.
The bloody dog was doing her trick again this morning with the cat flap. She actually sleeps in the garage/workshop/utility whatever you want to call it (huge garage with utility area, houses the heating boiler etc and is always lovely and toasty warm.) The dog sticks her head thru the cat flap actually into the kitchen, so her only intention can be to wake us poor devils up; especially as our bedroom is next to the kitchen. So it sounds like she is sticking her head thru our bedroom door and crying. Arrrgggghhh, Oh for a lie in and to wake ever so gently from my slumbers, lol, well in my dreams I can.

We are going out tonight for a meal at our french friend's parent's house. There will be 8 french people there and me and DH as the token english folk. When I accepted the invitation I explained that my hubby would eat but that I wouldn't because of being on such a strict diet (regime in french). Now I am dreading going! my french is quite good but obviously there are going to be many questions as to why I am not eating, what am I actually doing (I let them think I was still doing the Dukan diet). A french meal usually takes about 4 hours sat at the dining table with a constant stream of food turning up on the table. Why oh why did I say we would go. This is going to take every ounce of will power I have to get thru the night. You never know they may cancel (finger's crossed). I know I shouldn't think things like that and I should just put up and shut up and go and enjoy the social part; so let me try and put my positive head on. catch you later xxx

All plans changed at 11.45 this morning.The meal was changed to lunchtime so we went round there at 12. It wasn't as bad as I'd expected, I sat at one end of the table and took some thai chicken crisps with me which I ate during the main course. Our friends had not seen us for a few months and so were quite shocked at my weight drop and it was the subject of discussion for a while and everyone kept telling me how good I looked. We stayed till 4pm after which time I was literally water logged and freezing due to the amount of cold water I'd drunk. So now I have put a few more layers on and am waiting for hubby to light the good old woodburner so I can warm up. So all in all a good day even tho I wasn't looking forward to it, because of the amount of food which would be about. It also helped that the main course was sauerkraut and sausage (it has to be there on my food hell list).
Anyway now looking forward to weigh in day in the morning, plus measuring time xxx

Glad you had a lovely weekend, looking forward to your weigh in results, i'm sure you'll be in for a good one after your busy week back home x

What a rotten day, it is blowing a gale, very cold and I feel dreadful. My throat feels like it is full of broken glass and I have earache. I got woke at 7 with the dog in the cat flap (again!!!), she has now broken it. I fed all the animals, made a drink to take back to bed and then weighed myself. I was very dissapointed cos I've only lost 2lbs and saying as I sts last week was wanting a biggy this week. Anyway I went back to bed and went to sleep for a few more hours. Got up as now got headache as well but think that is cos I've not had my bar or enough to drink; so I've eaten my bar with difficulty, doesn't go well with the broken glass throat and now got a brew. But I think I will be back in bed before long as I need to get rid of this lurgy, I hate beeing ill and I am definately not a good patient. I have not measured myself today as the thought of having to put underwear on and then have a cold tape measure against my skin is not something I would enjoy today; so it can wait.

Sorry to hear that your unwell FF, don't feel disappointed in your loss this week, its still in the right direction so well done! I've credited you in my diary for your little tip on rewarding yourself with non-food treats :) Get well soon x x x

thanks Sherrie, I swear by my treats, they really do give me something to look forward to.
Got up this morning at 9am:eek: I can't remember when I last slept that long. My throat feels a touch better but I still feel like a wrung out dishcloth. I think I will get myself showered and dressed today but just chill out on settee, rather than try rushing round doing stuff. Plus it's bouncing it down with rain so wouldn't have gone outside to do any work in the garden.

I hope that you are all having a good day and I hope to be back on form very very soon xxx

Hello, how are you feeling today.....just had the flu a couple of weeks ago, so can sympatise, should of lost some weight but fed my way through it!! Are you managing to stay strong...I hope so you are doing so well!
love and positive thoughts
Clare xx

Hello, how are you feeling today.....just had the flu a couple of weeks ago, so can sympatise, should of lost some weight but fed my way through it!! Are you managing to stay strong...I hope so you are doing so well!
love and positive thoughts
Clare xx

Clare, yes I am staying strong, but feel like I could eat my own arm. I know I have some sort of flu-like virus (tho definately not full blown flu) I ache everywhere, thumping head, sore throat and feeling sorry for myself. I slept most of yesterday, but got up today and showered and have spent the day lounging on the settee either reading or watching tv with the occaissional doze. My dh has been looking after me and keeping me supplied with drinks. Hopefully after another good nights sleep I will feel a bit better tomorrow but think that my market jaunt tomorrow is definately off.

Awwwwww sorry to hear your not well FF, Although the dog in the cat flap had me laughing....a lot!!

I have been a bit under the weather this week, and tonight I have come out in what looks like chicken pox! Although had them when I was a child.....And the curse strikes again, always ill before my birthday which is tomorrow!!

Ahhh well never mind!

Awwwwww sorry to hear your not well FF, Although the dog in the cat flap had me laughing....a lot!!

I have been a bit under the weather this week, and tonight I have come out in what looks like chicken pox! Although had them when I was a child.....And the curse strikes again, always ill before my birthday which is tomorrow!!

Ahhh well never mind!

Poor you, chicken pox when an adult can be really nasty. I hope you don't get struck down too bad with it; but you know the drill drink lots, stay warm, plenty of calamine lotion and paracetamol and Ibuprofen. Hope you're soon feeling better, Oh and Happy Birthday for tomorrow xxx

I am feeling a little better this morning. I cancelled my market jaunt with my friend and apparently there are quite a few people locally come down with the same thing; I bet I picked it up on sunday when we were mingling with a few others. Anyway as I said feeling a little better today, and the sun is shining too.

I did my measurements today and it has really cheared me up.
Bust lost 3.5 inches
Waist lost 4.25 inches
Hips lost 4 inches

Now that really makes me feel good. Was feeling a bit fed up with the scales in the last few weeks but the tape measure has made up for it. Now I just need to chugg lots of water and get those scales shifting again properly. 1 more lb and I will be in the 13's :)

That's fab FF, it's always lovely to get into a new number bracket, i get fed up of seeing the same one on the scales week after week (although less weeks on this diet, thankfully!). I have the opposite battle to you, the scales are moving but the tape measure is not. My clothes are definitely looser, but the tape measure always measures the same, very frustrating! Think i will give up and just go on how my clothes fit xx

Well done FF!!!!! It's looking a little brighter here today too after the storms over the last two days!!! Always spectacular when you live near the sea though :0)

Have a fab day and thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's fab FF, it's always lovely to get into a new number bracket, i get fed up of seeing the same one on the scales week after week (although less weeks on this diet, thankfully!). I have the opposite battle to you, the scales are moving but the tape measure is not. My clothes are definitely looser, but the tape measure always measures the same, very frustrating! Think i will give up and just go on how my clothes fit xx

I don't measure every week as it gets disheartening if the tape measure doesn't show a loss; so maybe just measure yourself once a month; that's what I aim to do, but forgot and it was 5/6 weeks since I last measured.

I am continuing to improve and have got my knitting out from last winter. I didn't remember that I had 2 lots on the go. A lovely silver sparkly long haired shrug and then a charcoal grey chunky poncho. Saying as I had done more than half of the back of the shrug I decided to finish that one first. me thinks it could look lovely with either a very nice black dress I have or a deep sea foam coloured silk dress. So looks like crimbo and new year are sorted out. Not that there's much call for party dresses in deepest rural france; but I am sure our chooks will appreciate me making the effort, lol. but think I will need to lose the silver sandals and spray paint my wellies silver instead.

I am sooooo pleased to announce we have got our sky plus back, was only just bearable only having freeview for the last week and not being able to record programmes.

Feeling much better and have now finished the back of my silver shrug, ready for crimbo. BUT I think it's going to be too big, I'll just have to wear it loose lol. I think I stopped knitting it last winter cos i thought it was going to be too small. How things change in a year:)

I have got to shout this revelation from the roof tops, so are you ready?
I HAVE JUST REDISCOVERED MY CLAVICLES (collar bones) I havent seen them for a long time and my cheekbones are definately making a reappearance too. Woooo Hooooo today has been one of those days where everything is great.

Aww really chuffed for you FF :D xxx

Good morning all. I'm feeling much more like my normal self and have a fun packed day planned. When I have finished admiring my collar bones and cheek bones we will get out to do some food shopping for dh. I would also like to buy some chunky knitting wool to make a hat that I found a pattern for last night. After that we need to go to the Mill where we buy our chicken and dog food from and then we shall go to visit our friends up at the farm. Later today our ex french neighbours said they may call and say goodbye as they return to the east tomorrow.

I also need to stop jumping on the scales every morning! I wanted to see the scales show 13 stone something instead of 14 as they did at my weigh in on monday morning. But they are still saying 14 :cry:So I am making a pledge to myself that I will not step on those scales now until monday morning. :eek:

Right am off to get stuck into my days activities, catch you later x

So glad your feeling better, was just thinking about getting my knitting out....would keep my hands busy in the evenings!! I made the fatal mistake of not doing my diary yesterday....and had a terrible day. Well back on again, and straight to reading all the positive diaries in the hopes it keeps my mindset right for the day...take care. xxxxx

Congratulations on rediscovering your bony bits! :D I almost felt a hip bone the other day... almost...!!

Enjoy your busy day and stay away from those scales!! ;) x

Back