My SW diary, by Bess.

Hi Bess,

Welcome back. I was just starting to wonder when you were back when you turned up. Fantastic result for your hols. A loss. Wow !

Well done for yesterday. I know it's sometimes hard to get back on track but yesterday looked great so good for you.

Good luck for your official WI.

Gail x

After burning masses of calories each day walking/climbing I came back 2lbs lighter. I am so much fitter and smaller clothes fit me too!
Well done you - nice to see you back again and that you had a good hols.

Interesting though, to realise what carrying an extra 1.5 stones actually means, it's made me more determined than ever to shift my last 2 stones permanently.
Spot on! We use bottled gas here in Spain and a full bottle weighs around 20kg - which is a bit less than I have now lost in total. I can only just pick a full one up and to think that 5 years ago I was carrying it all the time. No wonder my knackered knee now feels so much better.

Am still on holiday and enjoying myself hugely catching up with friends!

Been thinking.......about not going to SW class?
It's dull, takes up a lot of time, can't always get there with work commitments and don't want to go now I'm on holiday.....
Been a bit sloppy lately though, would going make me more careful? Doubt it really....
I know what to do now plus there's loads more congenial support on here than in class.......
Unsure....thoughts please?

I personally don't need class but that's because when I started this, I didn't know any different. I do now go to class from time to time (and quite enjoy it) but the consultant is pretty good about it as she knows that I do it online mostly, I'm technically a shift worker and that if she made me go every week that I just wouldn't go (I have to pay twice when I go to group - once online and for class). So it's very individual and up to you. I wouldn't however do it without Minimins (when i can get here :() and my SW online subscription.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail, very helpful, still thinking.....my daughter did SW by proxy using my books and has lost a stone and a half from February onwards - about all she wanted to lose. She looks fantastic and stuck with it better than I do...seems I've got lots to learn from her.......she's offered to encourage me even more.....so I can get my last stone and a half off as well.......hmm.....

Thanks Gail, very helpful, still thinking.....my daughter did SW by proxy using my books and has lost a stone and a half from February onwards - about all she wanted to lose. She looks fantastic and stuck with it better than I do...seems I've got lots to learn from her.......she's offered to encourage me even more.....so I can get my last stone and a half off as well.......hmm.....
Bess, I've done the online bit and still have another month on my subs to go but really needed the help and accountability of going to a group so signed up last night. I want to be the woman they all applaud next week, (fingers crossed) but I wouldn't be without my minis though. This is a fab place and you are all sooooooo lovely. I would really miss you all if I stopped logging on and posting. I can't ever imagine not being here with you all :D Awwwwwwww sentimental old fool I am.

Whatever you decide, I am sure you will do well. Your daughter has done brilliantly and all with your help. Lovely mummy xxx

Bess, I do it alone, never been to a class in my life as I live in Spain. Managed to "acquire" all the books so just do it from those.

My mum goes to class so I got her to logon to online when she was last here and to be honest I can't see I would get anything out of it, and as everyone says it's quite expensive.

BUT if you do it totally on your own then you've got to be disciplined. It's all about getting your head around it and sticking to it. No class can actually help you with that. Yes, you might get some highs at class if you win SOTW or SOTM but you can get that on Minis when everyone gives you a big YIPPEE when you do well.

Class, online, on your own - it's all about commitment and you'll get the support from us here.

Hope that makes sense as it is a bit waffly!

Bess, I do it alone, never been to a class in my life as I live in Spain. Managed to "acquire" all the books so just do it from those.

My mum goes to class so I got her to logon to online when she was last here and to be honest I can't see I would get anything out of it, and as everyone says it's quite expensive.

BUT if you do it totally on your own then you've got to be disciplined. It's all about getting your head around it and sticking to it. No class can actually help you with that. Yes, you might get some highs at class if you win SOTW or SOTM but you can get that on Minis when everyone gives you a big YIPPEE when you do well.

Class, online, on your own - it's all about commitment and you'll get the support from us here.

Hope that makes sense as it is a bit waffly!

Makes perfect sense to me, thankyou very much. Especially, 'It's all about getting your head around it and sticking to it. No class can actually help you with that.' Dead right and that's the thing - I think I've been looking for props too much. I'm quite sure some classes are great, but mine isn't and never really was for me.

So, for the time being I'm going to alter my info according to my own weight on my scales as of this morning. Friday can now be my official weigh in day and if I don't feel happy with this, after my holiday I can always go back.

:) Thankyou super mini's friends. xx

I would go to class if there was one nearby, but thanks to the supportive welcome from SW section of boards & people who've pointed out mistakes and made suggestions, I am managing OK. I don't get a whole lot from SW although I like the mag and needed the book - I rarely look up stuff now so when my 3 month sub lapses I will be properly 'alone' with it... but determined to make it work.

xxx

If my class was good I would stick with it too, I know some are excellent. As I have told them I won't be back until June, I can finally decide then.

I didn't like class at all when I went to them 6 years ago (just after DD was born). It might have been partly due to me having a baby with me and feeling self conscious every time she made a noise but I just didn't quite "get it". I was so looking forward to image therapy which sounds like something good but all it was was the consultant reading out weight losses and us clapping at all the losses. Personally I wouldn't go back as I know that I'm hopeless as that kind of commitment. It's a bit like the gym - I used to go to classes loads when I paid for each one. Then I signed up for a membership and felt like I needed to get value for money and the pressure made me rebel and I stopped going :rolleyes:.

I know I can do it on my own (even though I'm wobbling on SW right now) when I'm in the right frame of mind. If I'm not, then classes wouldn't make any difference.

Everyone is different though and a friend of mine who started SW recently loves the classes and look forward to them every week. They really help her and that's great. It also means I've got a way of getting Hifi bars so I'm not complaining!

Hope you are enjoying your holidays to the full! I'm just a teeny bit jealous! :eek::D

That's exactly it Alli, the 'Image Therapy' is much the same, interspersed with antecdotes about the consultant's dog/husband/health complaints/child or even occasionally the little 'dear' himself! I like children but not at a slimming club and only well behaved ones at that.
I sit there thinking of all the things I'd rather do - poking my eyes comes a hot favourite, so you can see this class with this consultant isn't really for me.

I'm definitely enjoying my holiday, thankyou. A few days in York from tomorrow with OH, big family birthday celebrations next weekend then back to work on Tuesday. I've left answer messages on my work phone and then turned it off, the office will be collecting messages for me and any work post has been put unopened into a pile. So come Tuesday I'll be hit by a tidal wave of stuff, and when the tide's gone out again, I'll deal with what's left. (And get on with the diet :eek:. ) :)

That's exactly it Alli, the 'Image Therapy' is much the same, interspersed with antecdotes about the consultant's dog/husband/health complaints/child or even occasionally the little 'dear' himself! I like children but not at a slimming club and only well behaved ones at that.
I sit there thinking of all the things I'd rather do - poking my eyes comes a hot favourite, so you can see this class with this consultant isn't really for me.

I'm definitely enjoying my holiday, thankyou. A few days in York from tomorrow with OH, big family birthday celebrations next weekend then back to work on Tuesday. I've left answer messages on my work phone and then turned it off, the office will be collecting messages for me and any work post has been put unopened into a pile. So come Tuesday I'll be hit by a tidal wave of stuff, and when the tide's gone out again, I'll deal with what's left. (And get on with the diet :eek:. ) :)

Sounds a bit like the meetings I went to. WW meetings were even worse. The WW leader was very patronizing and came out with gems such as "Nothing tastes as slim feels" and "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". As well as that she used to tell us off when we put on weight and tell us to eat carrots whenever we craved chocolate :rolleyes:. I'm a very laid back person (I'd have to be to be married to my DH) and I wanted to punch her face in every time she opened her mouth. Needless to say I stopped going and joined WW online after a few meetings.

It's up to you what you do - I personally think that unless you get something out of it, it's a waste of money :)

Have a fantastic holiday Bess. Try to find a good balance between having a good time (eating wise) and feeling a bit deprived. But most of all, have fun.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I'm a very laid back person and I wanted to punch her face in every time she opened her mouth.

LOL!!!! And some!

Mine isn't that bad, but she's just not my kind of person. She's also a big lass,(bigger than me) which doesn't make me feel very inspired.......:rolleyes:

LOL!!!! And some!

Mine isn't that bad, but she's just not my kind of person. She's also a big lass,(bigger than me) which doesn't make me feel very inspired.......:rolleyes:
Lol, didn't realise you ladies were so full of violent intentions!!! Must watch what I say in future, such as A moment on the lips................:D:D

I know what you mean about some of the consultants at these groups. One group - can't remember the name but not WW or SW - I attended years ago, the leader was a right cow and said that if we didn't lose at least 5lbs a week then she didn't want us at her class :eek:, that we would be told as much when weighing in. Needless to say I never went back. Stupid biatch made sure she got our signing on fees before she addressed the class telling us all that. Bit like whats-her-face in Little Britain :D:D Can you imagine the humiliation of being weighed and her shouting at you that you were no longer welcome at the class, that you were barred, in front of all those other people. Enough to make you dive into the nearest vat of chocolate.

Our lady (its only been a week, so it could change) seems really lovely and the evening was spent having quite a good giggle. Makes all the difference if you get a good 'un xx

Hi Bess the Mess…

LOL I don’t actually mean that. It’s just that I get called Jess the Mess (by my mother) and I’m sitting here giggling at the thought that someone else can be called a mess lol. (I don’t think you’re a mess, although, I suppose you could be? I don’t know? I’ve never seen your house…I’m sure you’re very tidy) :rotflmao:

Lol, anyone got a spade? :sign0163:

How are you?

I hope you have a lovely day!

Keep us posted

Love Jess the Mess :D xxx
Lol, how funny!!! :D

Anyway, I am not as bad as your Dad, your initials being JJS - he used to call you Jessica Jumble Sale :8855:

Back