My SW diary, by Bess.

Well done Bess. But that wasn't late, that was early !!!

I use compede blister plasters. They are amazing and are the only plasters I have used that I can still wear whatever shoes caused the blister in the first place. I haven't found any other makes as good but then I haven't looked recently.

Hope the rain stops for today.......

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Nope, don't think my feet are different sizes. I slept so badly - well didn't sleep much at all actually - that I just couldn't haul myself out of bed this morning to run. Had to be at work for 9 so I gave it a miss.....tomorrow instead.

Last edited:

Out again this morning, but after all the rain the air is wet and muggy, so it was more of a fast walk than run ths morning, still 4 miles done at a fair pace.

B: Omelette with parmesan (HexA) and baked beans, Muller light yog.

Out again this morning, but after all the rain the air is wet and muggy, so it was more of a fast walk than run ths morning, still 4 miles done at a fair pace.

B: Omelette with parmesan (HexA) and baked beans, Muller light yog.

FOUR MILES!!! :eek:

Take a bow hunni! :worthy:

All this talk of exercise makes me feel exhausted. Think I'll go for a little lie down until I feel better.

Seriously though Bess - well done girl.

LOL Pomette !!!

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry I've missed your struggles Bess but you've really turned things around and the running is going really well... so proud of you! Running & me do not get along. I look like a comedy act when i try to run, arms and legs flailing... lol. I am in the lost/scared place where you were last week, so reading how you've come back from that and got back on track has been hugely encouraging. Now I just have to work out how to do it too... SW went by the wayside when i went on hols a month ago, time to stop the self-destruct and get the books out again. Gail's 'easing back in' plan with extra syns sounds hopeful. Here goes...

xxx

I am in the lost/scared place where you were last week, so reading how you've come back from that and got back on track has been hugely encouraging.

Hmmm...not just last week I'm afraid. I don't want to discourage you but I'm feeling hopeless, especially after everyone's encouragment on here. I feel I'm not worth bothering with and am letting them all down if you want the truth. Same old story, all day fine then muck it up in the evening, so fed up with myself. Another party here tonight, DD3 and fellow students, will be spending all day getting ready - food, cleaning, laying table etc.....then another food related thing on Sunday. :sigh:

Bess & Katycakes - please, please, please don't give up.
(Katy can't read your diary any more as I think you've moved it to Gold)

We all have bad days when we feel like throwing in the towel. As you saw, Gail struggled when she came back from Florida - and she is one of the most committed and motivated people I know on here.

Even if you have challenging food days take a flexi day - set yourself a limit on syns and stick to you. But get back on track next day.

It's the evenings when I often struggle too. Fine all day, no snacks needed, no peanut urges. But then come 10pm I could kill for some crisps. So I work out how many I can have with my glass of wine, put them in a bowl and get hubby to hide the rest until tomorrow! I have to save all my syns for evenings otherwise I would blow it every day.

It's not easy this losing weight lark but, as I keep saying, being fat is hard too.

I feel I'm not worth bothering with and am letting them all down if you want the truth.
Wipe this thought out of your head! You are not letting anybody down - least of all us. And you are certainly worth bothering about. You helped me no end with my mum problems so even if everyone else bu**ers off YOU WILL NOT GET RID OF ME.

Now listen here the pair of you, you have me in tears whilst I am writing this (and don't you dare apologise - it's becasue I care) but I want to be able to smile at both of you. You can do it.

Repeat after me, and say the mantra, I MUST, I MUST IMPROVE MY BUST and take one bl**dy minute at a time. Forget about the days - they're too big - do each minute and they will add up to the days!

Massive (((( HUGS )))) to both of you.
:grouphugg:

Bess & Katycakes - please, please, please don't give up.
(Katy can't read your diary any more as I think you've moved it to Gold)

We all have bad days when we feel like throwing in the towel. As you saw, Gail struggled when she came back from Florida - and she is one of the most committed and motivated people I know on here.

Even if you have challenging food days take a flexi day - set yourself a limit on syns and stick to you. But get back on track next day.

It's the evenings when I often struggle too. Fine all day, no snacks needed, no peanut urges. But then come 10pm I could kill for some crisps. So I work out how many I can have with my glass of wine, put them in a bowl and get hubby to hide the rest until tomorrow! I have to save all my syns for evenings otherwise I would blow it every day.

It's not easy this losing weight lark but, as I keep saying, being fat is hard too.

Wipe this thought out of your head! You are not letting anybody down - least of all us. And you are certainly worth bothering about. You helped me no end with my mum problems so even if everyone else bu**ers off YOU WILL NOT GET RID OF ME.

Now listen here the pair of you, you have me in tears whilst I am writing this (and don't you dare apologise - it's becasue I care) but I want to be able to smile at both of you. You can do it.

Repeat after me, and say the mantra, I MUST, I MUST IMPROVE MY BUST and take one bl**dy minute at a time. Forget about the days - they're too big - do each minute and they will add up to the days!

Massive (((( HUGS )))) to both of you.
:grouphugg:

Thanks Sweetheart, we won't give up. Your message is lovely and I am very glad you are so supportive. I like your evening plans with the crisps, that's my weak time too. I'll plod on, I have to. Copying Dawn's monthly weight loss recording helps, mine is pathetically small, but at least it is going down, albeit very very slowly and seeing this is good. Just made brown bread ice cream, chocolate and cherry torte. Marinading chicken in thyme, lemon onion, garlic and oil. Salads to make, tables to lay, spuds to dig up - 14 coming for supper.....then I'm off to work at 7.30am tomorrow.....:(

Good girl Bess! :happy096:

Remind yourself how much and why you want to lose weight hunni.

Think about in what ways you think it would change your life.

You have to stay positive :hug99: It's the only way to succeed xx

And like Pommette says...we won't let you fail ...all for one and one for all!!! :girlpower:

Bess, have only just read this.

Thanks Pommette for the lovely support and wise words... I am sorry you can't read my diary any more, I wonder now if I was right to move it, another friend cannot see or post either... :eek:( But the support matters, and the hug helps, so thanks so much.

Bess, please don't say that you're not worth it. You totally are, my lovely friend. And if you give up, I give up, so... no pressure, chick, but it's not happening. I have had 5 weeks now of trying and failing, so don't imagine it's just you. I started out quite confident i could get back on track, then careless, then defiant and determined not to care, to fit in as much 'off-tracking' as I could... then I became a little uncertain, then doubtful, then just plain scared. I have been here so many times, so weary of it, so sad, and ashamed of myself. But I can't give up, I won't, Bess. We will find out somehow how to do this. We have done it before... just have to stay on track, not to let things slip... one way i will learn this. I have to.

Big hugs Bess, you have a very busy weekend ahead but hang on there... Monday we go for this with no excuses left.

Tortoises of the world unite... we have to stop expecting to be hares.

xxx

Hi guys. Cannot really say anything better than pommettes speech. She hit the nail right on the head.

And what Dawn said too. Just think about why you want to lose the weight and how reaching your target would make you feel.

Hope you get your mojo back soon ladies xxxxx

Tortoises of the world unite... we have to stop expecting to be hares.

xxx
The tortoise always wins! I'm one of them too - I'm not even managaing a pound a week at the mo but I'll just keep plodding on.

Hope tonight's party is going well and that you are enjoying yourself. You deserve it aftrer all the hard work you've done on getting it ready today.

Nightie byes chicas.

Bev
xx :grouphugg:

PS Thank you both for keeping me company in the tortoise race and for your thanks too!

Katy, I won't give up, you know I won't and I know I can't, just feeling hopeless...and sorry that I've blown the faith other people are kind enough to have in me.

Party in full swing, I'm done in and going to leave them to it any minute now! It took all day to prepare - plan, shop, clean cook, on my day off! Hmmm..... Then just as we finished eating a friend of DD1's turned up, apparently expecting a bed for the night - I didn't know anything about it but pretended I did, no sign of DD so I gave her supper, cleared a room of junk (the rest of the bedrooms are a complete tip now - and I'm not kidding) and made up a bed. Just as I finished DD turns up, very late and has been run into in her car by a neighbour who had just called here with a parcel that a lazy driver couldn't be bothered to deliver. Thankfully there's not much damage and neither were hurt but both were shocked. There are 9 cars in the yard, the place is buzzing, lovely girls (all girls - mini midwives at the party) so you can imagine the conversation - not for the squeamish! DD1 and friend are off to a ball tomorrow in Oxford so much trying on of dresses is going on upstairs. I'm going to take my tea and the crossword and see if I can find the bed under all the junk, early start tomorrow, for work, lucky me. I can't see a day when I can have a break for a while........and DD1 has just come to tell us that she has tripped all the electricity upstairs..........now, where's the torch? :rolleyes:

Oh Bess - bumps in cars and no electricity! Deffo go to bed with your tea and the crossword.

Nightie Bye again - I'm definitely off to bed now!

Bess said:
Katy, I won't give up, you know I won't and I know I can't, just feeling hopeless...and sorry that I've blown the faith other people are kind enough to have in me.

Nonsense Bess. Absolute nonsense. You have absolutely not blown the faith I have in you - it's still there. This is not an easy journey and it's a lifelong journey. You are a few lbs lighter than when you started SW and you are continuing overall to lose. I don't care how slow it is and how many bumps you have on the way. The fact that you are still here is all that counts. I am happy and willing to continue to support you all the way, just as you and others have done for me when I've struggled (which incidentally has made a huge difference and been much appreciated).

So, don't give up. We will get there eventually. Big hugs.

Gail x

P.S. Fantastic post Bev - you say the most wonderful things. (and thank you for the really lovely compliment)

Sent from my iPhone

A few minutes peace - bliss, they are all asleep. No one wants me. :) Just checking e.mails and having a few minutes peace before I start the day.
Have made myself lunch from last night's supper, salad, cold new potatoes and chicken. Then I flung in an Alpen light bar, 2 banana and an apple. That should keep me going until I get home late afternoon and I shan't stop at the lovely cafe by the canal today. :eek:

Odd really, this struggle to lose weight. We have always eaten a good diet, last night's supper is a good example and is also SW friendly, free and superfree foods. Pudding wasn't obviously, although the fresh pineapple and raspberries which I've just finished for breakfast (I really can't face eating this early, but will feel sick if I don't have something) were fine. It's the extras that do it. The wine, occasional pudding, cake, chocolate, crisps and nuts. I'm not making excuses here either but I am sure that my age makes a difference to how difficult it is and the fact that I'm a 'good doer'. Come the famine, when we are all on rations, I'd be the last woman standing, I'm sure. Anyway, that aside I'm plodding on, Katy, Bev and I. The tortoise girls. :)

Last edited:
Back