My SW diary, by Bess.

Hi Bess! Hope you're getting on ok! Sounds like you're doing dead well.I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your wi day!xxxx

Sorry Jules, you can uncross then now. Weigh in day, up by 1lb. So 14 stones today.

Hi Bess,

The pound could be water retained or a little bump up from the time away that will drop off once you are out entertaining the farmers again.

Mel

Oh no, I'm sorry about that pound hun :sigh:

I don't really understand it tbh :confused: as I thought you'd had a pretty good week, even with the bad stomach etc.

Please don't let it knock your confidence Bess. We'll have a proper chat tomorrow xx

Take care xxx

I'm with Dawn. Don't know why you have gained as you seem to be doing your body magic and sticking to plan.

Scales down again today, 13.13. I'm at a loss to know what's going on, so have re read the Extra Easy plan and resolved to reduce my syns.....exercise not so much lately but ok. Fingers crossed for next week...:(

Aww Bess :wave_cry:

Keep your chin up chic xx I've had to cut my syns down this week as I was a couple of pounds up at the weekend. It's getting harder the lighter I get, and slowing down a bit now.

Did your c have any other tips? xx

I don't go to the group any more Dawn - it just isn't for me and wasn't helping. Like Pomm, I'm going it alone.

Evening Bess xx

Wish there was something I could say that hasn't already been said to lift your spirits a bit :sigh: You sound so down hunni...I would be the same. It's so unfair sometimes. Tonight someone in my class lost 2.5lbs and got her 2st shiny. When the c asked her what she'd been eating, she said "lots of crap". Turns out she only really did a few days on plan! I only had one night off and sts, and my friend Fran has been bang on plan all week and gained 1.5lbs! I just don't get it sometimes! :confused:

Take care mate xx :hug99:

Thanks Dawn and all of you, much appreciated. The scales were doing such weird things - 14.1 one day and 13.11 the next that I am leaving them alone until Tuesday. I am trying and mostly succeeding to stick to SW. Bev is my heroine as we are similar ages and she is going it alone, she has done so well and has provided the proof that I need that it can be done. Lots of exercise as well, so fingers crossed for Tuesday now!

I'm glad you're sticking with it Bess xx

It's hard doing it on your own, but Bev's doing brilliantly and so are you xxx

lots of love xx

Hello chica, thank you for your lovely comments. They really are appreciated.

I keep saying it, and I will continue to say it, this losing weight lark is bl**dy hard. I have good days, bad days, and absolutley stinkingly awful ones - when I could kill anyone who gets in my way en route to the crisp bag.

Gail will give you chapter and verse on the scales - but daily weighing doesn't help. It just makes you depressed. I had a wee experiment with daily weighing and I can go up/down by as much as 2 kg - that's 4½ lbs - from one day to the next. If I've had a late night and not much sleep it affects it really badly. I'm convinced it's the pixies that come overnight and take the weight away :D and if I don't give them long enough they don't have time to grab it all. I would go up all week and then magically lose it overnight before WI. Scales are now firmly out of sight except on a Monday.

Seriously though, it is hard and you do get stuck at times. I basically STS for 6 weeks.

I know this might sound daft, but what did it for me was actually a day semi-off plan. Not ridiculously out of sight, but I had a meal that I was aching for - Cheeseburger and REAL fatty chips and ice cream! Not all on the plate at once though. And had a few glasses of wine too many. BUT it sort of kicked my body into a restart.

I'm not advocating this as a cure for all the sins of the world (or should that be syns?) but it helped me. It sort out released all the cravings, cleared my head and woke the fat cells up.

The down side is that some people can go wildly off the rails for days once they do something like this. You have to get back on plan straight away.

Has anyone else found this helped them too?

Keep smiling hun - sticking to it 99% and having a STS is better than the alternative of going up.

Big ((( hugs ))) coming your way.

Great post Bev. I agree, this isn't easy. Scales are a mixed blessing. For me on the most part, the daily weighing helps. I have learnt not to take too much notice of it but it stops me getting any nasty surprises. However, I firmly believe that they have the potential to do a lot of damage if you can't do that (and I still gave the occasional reaction to them - it's just very few and far between).

I don't know what you're like Bess but for me, any kind of maintain is a good thing in the long run. Without SW, I can guarantee my weight would do nothing but go up. How fast, I don't know. But I suspect it wouldn't take me that long to gain a stone or more.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Weigh in day - 2lbs. 13.12 again.

Really odd things on the scales, I went down to 13.10 a couple of days ago, then up again today. Still, back into the 13's and I'm aiming for 13.7 now as my mini target.

Fabby news Bess. The scales are an enigma aren't they? Mine said that I had STS from my holiday and yet my work trousers feel much tighter......perhaps they have taken a while to really catch up with what I really weigh....dunno, have not got back on them since Saturday....bit too scared to :Dxx

:happy036::happy036: Well done
None of this needed then this week? :whoopass:

I told it would go if you just stick with it.

Back