My SW Food Diary - All Hints, Tips and Advice Welcome

walpants

So I'm going it alone with the knowledge I have, I have never been to a slimming world class but have a friend that has taught me all I know.

I do have a pack of books from a couple of years ago and it does have the EE plan in it but not the new EESP plan. I also have the big food directory book.

I successfully lost 2 stone last year on SW but have managed to creep a little back on over Christmas and it has taken me until 2 weeks ago to get my head back in it to start again.

So first week I lost 2lb and second week I stayed the same, I have stuck to plan so can't understand why I haven't had a loss this week :confused:

This is why I thought I would try and do a food diary and hopefully you wonderful people will give me some advice or tips if there is any where I am going wrong. incidentally my OH is also doing SW and he lost 5lb and then 4lb.

Hi and well done on re-starting :)

Lol...the age old question of why we don't lose 3-4lb every week...would be fantastic if it was that easy wouldn't it? Remember as woman our bodies are all different and we have * weeks and water retention at different times of the month also. You've obviously already lost a fair bit and although you have said you've put a little back on, but maybe with what your body has lost already it holding onto it now? Your O/H if he's new to it will have larger losses as it's new to his system. Mine was the same when he did a few weeks of SW. I know I'm finding it harder now as the weight comes off more the losses become a regular 1lb a week job :)

Keep your meals mixed up...throw in new recipes and foods to throw your body a curve ball there are tons on here to give you inspiration as such and as frustrating as it may be...stick at it! :)

so yesterdays food

HEX A - 375ml skimmed milk
HEX B - two benefit (aldi) bars

Breakfast
Mug shot, Apple, Benefit bar (hexb)

Lunch
Ham salad (ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, picked onions, 1tbls light salad cream 1syn)
Banana, benefit bar (hexb)

Dinner
SW BBQ pulled gammon ( gammon all fat removed, onions, peppers, passata)
SW chips, long grain rice
apple

snacks
apple, black forest fruits, asda fat free cherry yogurt

drinks
lots of tea with hexa milk, 2 glasses of water, glass of nas squash

Syns = 1

as you can see I only had 1 syn all day this isn't a typical day I usually have the majority of my syns at night time but it was a particularly busy day yesterday and I had an early night so didn't have time for syns.

thank you gemsta, yeah I think I know deep down that it will be harder to lose again now as I don't have a lot to go I just want to get down to the 9 stone that I got to before Christmas its just the disappointment to loose nothing its hard to stay on track.
its OHs first time dieting ever so yeah I guess he will do better.

Food looks good! I know it's difficult...I went a month with 2 STS and 2 x 1lb losses. You could always try a week EESP works well for some makes no difference for others, but it's not easy if your a carb/yoghurt lover and fussy with fruit and veg..lol..

I don't really know the EESP as I don't have them in my books, will have to do a search on it see what I can find out and maybe give it a try next week.

I am fine with fruit and veg can eat loads of it but it doesn't fill me I do tend to need the carbs to fill me up but its worth a try if I don't loose this week.

Just look at your free foods list, you can only have the ones that either have a S or P next to them. You still get your 5-15 syns a day and you also get a healthy extra b which helps.

my book doesn't have any p's in it its a good few years old now.

You may well be able to find it online somewhere. If not give me a shout :)

todays food

HEX B - two benefit (aldi) bars

Breakfast
Banana, orange, Benefit bar (hexb)

Lunch
bbq pulled gammon, lettuce, cucumber
apple, benefit bar (hexb)

Dinner
SW sausages, mash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, gravy 2 syns

Snacks

apple, black forest fruits, asda fat free blueberry yogurt, mushy peas, curly wurly 6 syns

drinks
lots of tea with hexa milk, 1 glass of water, glass of nas squash

Syns = 8

yesterdays food

HEX B - 1 slice hovis wholemeal thick bread 800g loaf

Breakfast
bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms scrambled egg and slice of bread (hexb)

Lunch
4 quorn chicken nuggets (2 syns) instant mash, mushy peas and 1tbsp mint sauce (1/2 syn) apple

Dinner
SW sweet and sour chicken, sw chips, long grain rice, apple

Snacks
sw rice pudding made with cream soda

drinks
lots of tea with hexa milk, 1 cup of green tea

Syns = 2 1/2

I have been told that green tea is good for weight loss only trouble is its disgusting!! but I am going to try and force at least one down each day.

yesterdays food

HEX B - 1 slice hovis wholemeal thick bread 800g loaf

Breakfast
sw rice pudding with yogurt and rasberries

Lunch
2 potato skins (1 syn) beans, slice of bread (hexb), 2 clementine's

Dinner
SW aribiata sauce, pasta, bacon. clementine

Snacks
apple, banana, apple, benefit bar (3 syns)

drinks
lots of tea with hexa milk, 1 cup of green tea, squash

Syns = 4

Good luck with your weight loss. There don't seem to be too much speed food (veg, salad) etc in there, you need to be having at least a third of your plate on EE. Free foods like rice, SW chips etc are fine, but will not boost your weight loss without speed, (could be called superfree or something in the old books). It might be worth purchasing an updated book if you can as some of the syn values etc have changes along with the EE plan itself.

hi, hubz

thanks for your comment, yeah I keep trying to have more veg but I cant stand to eat a veg dinner every night I get bored of it so e end up having pasta or rice meals quite a bit and then putting veg with it just don't seem right.
the sauces are usually made with passata and onion so they have some in but prob not enough.

do you have any ideas on getting more veg into my meals?
I do have to think of my oh as well he is also doing it but slightly under protest at the moment, he hates being hungry so I have to fill him at meal times other wise he will give up.

that's a goo idea, ive got the cowboy hotpot in the oven at the min for dinner, loads of veg in it and just a bit of potato on the top also doing some broccoli to go with it.

Speed soups is a good one to make too!

speed soup.jpg

Why?..lol..

Back