My SW Journey!.... so far

Milliebeth

I started Slimming World in March 2011. Walking through those SW doors was the hardest thing ever, I had no confidence, low esteem, I hated giving people eye contact and walking through the doors of a place on my own scared me. But I wanted to do this. I was ready to lose weight.
I had tried every diet around, but I was always told to lose weight, it was never for me. I always lost like 1 stone, but my heart was not in it.

No one told me to do Slimming World, it was my choice.

I sat at the new members table with 8 other people - looking around the room thinking I am the biggest person here, feeling all sweaty and thinking of getting up and leaving - then came along the consultant, who was really nice, i warmed to her. She explained the plan. After filling in the forms for joining, we had to sit through the rest of the groups image therapy.

Image therapy was scary, especially going around everyone individually.

It came to get weighed. I had not been on the scales for a few years. It said 20 stone 10.5lbs! OH MY GOD! That was hugeee. I left the place crying.
Came home and just cried. I couldn't believe what I had done to myself. I had a good chat to myself - I knew I wanted this so much, I had to face up to it, and studied the books the consultant gave me.

My first weigh in - I lost 8 and half pounds!! OH MY GOD! Thats amazinggggggggggg!! I followed the red and green days that week. I have never had a lost in my first like that before! that gave me such a boost. and I got my half a stone sticker and certificate too!! I was sooo chuffed...!
As the weeks went on I lost every week. I never put on weight til Week 20. and that was gutting.

I struggled to stay to image therapy, I would sit down on the chairs after being weighed and wait for it to start, as I had all intensions to stay, but as the time was getting closer for it to start, my heart would start beating faster at the thought of being spoken to infront of everyone. So I would up and leave. I messaged the consultant and just told her I wanted to stay and explained why I couldnt. She said that she would keep speaking to me short and sweet and build it up as the weeks go on. The following week I stayed - and my consultant - did what she said. it was brief. I loved staying and listening to everyone else how they got on.
As the weeks went on I began talking to other members while waiting for the image therapy to start, and I enjoyed staying and have stayed ever since.

18 months on - I have reached target - got my 9st award and got voted my groups Miss Slinky! I cannot believe it. Slimming World has changed my life. I am now on the Social team and love it to bits. I love my tuesday nights out. I have made the most amazing friends there. and I will continue going for ever! LOL. i need SW and them to keep me going! I have never lost this much weight before - whatever weight I have lost previously always went back on and double! sooo I am hoping and praying I can keep this off. if i put this on plus double that would be 18st gain!!! PFFFFT no way!!!

I am happy! xx

Amazing story! You look great :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

amazing story and amazing losses, remembering how you felt that first time, think of all the people who are feeling like that now and your story could help them so much

well done hun xx

Lovely story and brilliant to see how much confidence you have gained from doing SW :) All the very best for maintaining! x

This is such a great story, I started off something similar, it seems like a long road to target but stories like yours are really motivational, thanks for sharing!

Still on a high for being voted Miss Slinky! :) Given me a boost! I was really scared at reaching target - as I have never been at a target weight before - let alone maintained a weight, all i knew what to do was to gain or lose weight. Getting to target i was emotional - it just summed up my whole journey at SW. i still cannot believe I have lost 9 stone! It just has not felt like I have been on a healthy eating plan. its amazing! xxxx

I have been filling out the questions on the website.... but there is 29 odd questions! and its taking forever!! LOL x

Well done Milliebeth, a great story and you are amaxing.

It has made me leak a bit, I was the same as you, every week I would tell my husband that I was going to stay to group this time and then as it got nearer to start time I would start feeling sick and getting short of breath and panicky and would run home and he was not surprised to see me either lol!

I made an excuse to my consultant that evenings were difficult, I started Feb, then in the September she emailed to say she was starting a morning group so I had no excuse, I also joined the social team and being a new group made it so much easier to stay.

You have done so well, good luck with the maintaining.

Well done Milliebeth, a great story and you are amaxing.

It has made me leak a bit, I was the same as you, every week I would tell my husband that I was going to stay to group this time and then as it got nearer to start time I would start feeling sick and getting short of breath and panicky and would run home and he was not surprised to see me either lol!

I made an excuse to my consultant that evenings were difficult, I started Feb, then in the September she emailed to say she was starting a morning group so I had no excuse, I also joined the social team and being a new group made it so much easier to stay.

You have done so well, good luck with the maintaining.

Congratulations on your loss!! Thats amazinggg!! it is a scary thing if you arent used to all those people starring at you and ur not a confident talker. It made me feel physcially sick and sweaty! lol. xx

Back