My Travel Journey On Slim & Save ~SaDia's Diary~

oO~SaDiA~Oo

Hey all,

I am quite a neewbie on this site. I litrally found out about vlcd last thursday through a random search (I cant really remember what It was I was searching) good ole' google.

Came across a post about the cambridge diet and from that was opened up to a whole new way of dieting. Through intensive research as I became quite addicted to this new way of dieting and this site, and I embarked on slim & save.

Within 48hrs I had purchased the sample pack that s&s offer. And I am due the package tommorow.

Im 27, 5.3 and weigh 226lbs. I hope to loose 70lbs overall but aim to loose 56lbs by xmas!! But any more would be a dream come true. Overall I hope this diet is a dream come true haha!

I am really excited to get started and feel I may have found somthing Iv needed in years. A diet that is quite restricting in the sense i can only drink shakes or soups. But the added ''real food'' option is what really steered me towards s&s as I believe this will keep me sane and balanced.

At the moment Im down a little with a fever n a cold. So im not too sure If I should start just yet altho my apetite at the moment is zilch anyway!

Now with a long break to really focus on me I hope I can watch the weight drop off, and in the process watch my health reverse.

I'm currently on 1.5l of water a day which is less than reccomended. But i feel i should bring it up to 2l quite easily and hopfully to 3l soon after.

Im so motivated right now despite full of cold and flu to do this yay!

I will start loggin my daily events on here as soon as I start and I hope to make some friends whilst on this journey too.

Soo excited! eeep xx

Last edited:
Hey all,

Decided to get this diet going in 2 days time as it will give me time to recover from this god awful fever and cold *sniffs* :(

Good news Iv'e already recieved my sample packs and It felt like xmas! A new me within that little box I was more than excited! haha

I havn't tried any of the samples yet. But I'm fairly confident I wont mind the options as I'm not a fussy eater (this most likely to be the reason I got so big in the first place, lol)

I spoke to my Dr about wanting to start a vlcd. She wasn't all that thrilled about it tbh, and explained why. But when I explained my overall plan she just asked I stay on the diet short term.

My plan for now is to do 12 weeks 100% and hopefully by then feel comfortable with the losses I make. I just want to get to a point where im feeling more like ''me'' which I think would be around 12 stone as I was this for a while and was completely happy. But that was 7 years ago and since then alot mentally has changed!

If I didn't understand the phrase ''I dont, recognise myself in the mirror'' before. I do now lol

So hopefully next time you hear from me will be day 1: I will update my stats as I have a sneaky suspicion this flu has added a few nasty lbs on. But im more than confident this will all melt of like Ice cream on a hot summers day ;)

See ya!

Last edited:
Started today and feeling very positive. Just weighed myself I'm starting out at 16st.0lbs exactly. So a nice round figure.

Just had the sweet porridge and a mug of coffee with 1 sweetner and skimmed milk.

The porridge was really nice so will defo be ordering some more. Being allowed the coffee is just a huge bonus but not sure how long that milk allowance will pan out during the day as I tend to drink alot of coffee lol. But I put in a bit less than I would, so I can get used to it being alot stronger.

Overall I hope to do quite well on this plan.

Im going to keep a visual diary too as I'd like to see the progress once Iv finished!

Thanks Auburn, How are you?

Really look forward to it and just so greatful to have found this forum too :)
It is a really good forum, great support! I'm not on S&S, thinking about it but not yet come to a decision!

Started today and feeling very positive. Just weighed myself I'm starting out at 16st.0lbs exactly. So a nice round figure.

Just had the sweet porridge and a mug of coffee with 1 sweetner and skimmed milk.

The porridge was really nice so will defo be ordering some more. Being allowed the coffee is just a huge bonus but not sure how long that milk allowance will pan out during the day as I tend to drink alot of coffee lol. But I put in a bit less than I would, so I can get used to it being alot stronger.

Overall I hope to do quite well on this plan.

Im going to keep a visual diary too as I'd like to see the progress once Iv finished!

Good on ya, for day one! And a nice round number to start with too, yay!
Hope today keeps being good for you x

Day 1 DONE!!

It's been alot more difficult than I thought, I didnt feel very hungry at the start but as the day progressed food was playing more on my mind.

Iv'e not fully recovered from my cold and I was finding myself alot more chilly than usual. I guess that's understandable as Im consuming less.
My energy levels were alot lower than I thought they would be. Maybe that's because i'm not yet 100%. But i decided I needed to start this diet asap as putting it off longer may not have been the best idea

Towards the end of the evening I started to get properly hungery which was a perculiar feeling as Iv not felt properly hungry in years! :eek: ARGGH LOL

It's funnny the habbits we get ourselves into. But the last meal of the night sorted me out. And I just spent the rest of the evening with a blanket watching a chick flick hhehe!

Todays meals were;

Sweet porridge - This was really nice and the texture resembles reall porridge which was great! Will deffinetly be ordering more of these...

Chill con carne - A pleasent suprise! Delicious, wanted more!! lol More of these to be ordered too.

Cottage Pie - I sliced 2 hard boiled eggs in with this...I know random combination, but this is when I got really hungry and was feeling uber rubbish and havnt quite got organised with buying some scales for the veg and as Im aware 2 eggs equate to the 100g protein weight.

All in all i feel satisfied and already lighter believe it or not!

The feeling is what has kept me going. I just want to get into Ketosis and adjust to this plan asap.

The only thing I have been concerened about is my water intake!! I usually consume 2.5 l of water in 24 hours quite easily and have done for years!!

After my new plan adjustment today, for the first time iv'e actually felt like it's been a challenge to drink any.. Iv'e had plenty of coffee throughout the day which i guess is good as im getting some fluid.

I just hope the next few days get easy for me to drink.

All in all really pleased that I have done day 1 100%:D

Now for Day 2!!! Bring it on!!....

Day 2 DONE!!

Day 2 is all done and dusted with!!..

I had a great sleep last night and woke up very refreshed! Didn't feel at all hungry when I woke which I thought I would do. But the protein meal I had the evening before deffinatly kept the hunger at bay.

I did however have a very dry mouth which I guess was down to the lack of water I had on day one.

I started the day with some water. I thought I may already be in ketosis as I didn't feel very hungry and had some of the symptoms alot of people have mentioned on here. So I used the ketostix and I wasn't *sigh* But it is far to early.

Meals for the day were as follows;

Choco crispy cereal - Made this like the other hot meal it was like having warmed coco pops. Very sweet but was quite nice.

Macaroni and cheese- This was quite a suprise it smelt so cheesy and strong. This was the first meal Iv'e felt quite full on for quite some time

Rocket salad,watercress,cucumber,spring onions with tuna and oregano,salt and pepper seasoning. - this meal was HUGE!:eek: and a god send the amount of salad I could have had just made my greedy eyes happy lol. I only managed about 130g salad with about 80g tuna. Took me half and hour to eat but was great to be able to eat this amount of salad and made me feel very satisfied. Splitting this into 2 would deffinetly be a bonus. Im just happy I love my salad!

Dark chocolate and coconut bar - ate this slowly over a few hours. It kept the hunger at bay as Iv always found dark chocolate had this effect on me.

Water 2l- and more with the coffee iv had. Will have some more before bed.

Overall felt great today it was alot easier. And after having the last meal feel really full.

The only thing I need to change is to have my breakfast alot earlier Im getting up too late and therefore having my last meal around 8-9 ish which I think is too late.

Feeling positive still just anxious to get my first week done and dusted now so I can have my first WI.

Overall been a good day and hopefully each day will stay as easy as today has been for me. fingers crossed

Bring on Day 3...!!

I love reading you're posts. It helps me mentally prepare for my start. As a vlcd virgin, I need as much help as possible. You seem to have a good mindset. Good luck for day 3. Hopefully you'll be fully in ketosis :)

I love reading you're posts. It helps me mentally prepare for my start. As a vlcd virgin, I need as much help as possible. You seem to have a good mindset. Good luck for day 3. Hopefully you'll be fully in ketosis :)

Thanks Sonia doll :) I hope I am too but I am going to check on day 4 onwards as I dont wont to set myself up if I am not, although I am not looking forward to this ''dog breath'' I've read up about haha! chewing gum at the ready :)

This site is great, I used it alot to help me break down everything I needed before I got started.

I know it's very early days, but my advise is to get all the information you need for a vlcd diet and once youv'e chosen which one will suit you best,prepare yourself to stick to the rules! Once you get over that it will feel like the diet is working around you. And not the other way around.

My motivation is the quick losses. Alot of the vlcd plans promise a 1 stone loss a month and so far from what Iv'e read this seems to be true.

Good luck with your new vlcd plan. x

Day 3 DONE!!

Woke up refreashed again but waay too early arrrgh!!

It was a good 2 hours before I had my first meal as I didn't feel very hungry, so decided to drink some water and have a coffee first.

For breakfast I had the crispy vanilla shake. I made this as a meal and warmed up rather than drink it as a shake as the texture is more like rice crispies! - it was very nice but a bit too sickly sweet for me.
Brunch I had the hazelnut shake - I used hot water and put it in a mug! - This was soooo nice and sooo filling i was suprised.

Lunch- was my protein meal and salad - Looove these and will continue to have these with my meals

Supper - spicy spagetti bolognse - Loved this resembled the real thing.

My 3rd day was quite similar to the 1st day - although I wasn't as light headed. Just not very energised. But Im persistant to make it all the way through my first week 100%. Iv cut down on my coffee intake today and replaced with water and I also had a few coke zero bottles as I was told this was also aloud on the plan. I also double checked it has only 0.5kcal and 0 anything else. This helped fill me up as it was gassy. Also chewing sugar free gum helped alot as I tend to chew alot anyway as it helps me concentrate and pass time!

Oh thats something Iv'e just remembered. When I woke up this morning the first few hours before I ate anything I found myself passing wind :rolleyes: haha and they were (smelly!) * blushes* haha And I wondered if it was a symptom of ketosis!?!?

I was also burping but these wernt smelly... I havn't checked if I was in ketosis yet as I was going to hold out untill day 4 just to give myself a proper chance.

I had a sneaky WI this evening and the scales show a 4lb loss!! Which i'm happy about but tbh I would be a little disheartned not to have a bigger loss than this by my official WI!

Hoping day 4 goes a bit easier I've ordered another weeks worth of supplies due tommorow. Iv'e planed it around my fav meals so far this week. And will be having similar meal for the next 7 days. Hopefully I wont get too bored doing this. But It just eliminates anything nasty coming up and me having to chuck it!

I have some other meals left from my sample pack mainly soups and shakes and the bars so if I find myself getting bored over the next 7 days I have these to replace a bored day!

Really determined to stick to this until my 12 weeks are over. But I am most likely to carry on until Xmas to hit my next target!

Here's to day 4 and to ketosis

:)

Bye Yall ;)

Sounds like you're heads set on right and on track for your xmas target! Im still going to be on plan at xmas:cry: wonder if I can suggest a new meal pack to sns, turkey stuffing and roast potatoes!

I'm in my 1st week too, weigh in Thursday. :)

hey just thought i would pop in to say hi and well done your doing fab you will be at target in no time :D

Sounds like you're heads set on right and on track for your xmas target! Im still going to be on plan at xmas:cry: wonder if I can suggest a new meal pack to sns, turkey stuffing and roast potatoes!

I'm in my 1st week too, weigh in Thursday. :)

OMG! This is a brilliant idea! Please doo, If they offer a meal like that for xmas I would so stay on s&s throughout hehehe.

I hope things stay on track. Just taking it a day at a time. How are you finding it so far? Good luck for your first week WI, bet you can't wait eep!
:)

I had a upsetting thought today, It was a wish, a wish I had found this plan years ago! But that soon faded when I realised the truth in the term ''better late than never'' was more true than a wish...

Day 4 DONE!!

Today started off early!, Breakfast was the latte shake. I added some coffee to it it didn't taste as brilliant as I thought it would as I loove latte!

For lunch I had the red fruits - This was gorgeooousss! I wish I had ordered more in my last supply. Deffo need to keep this on my next list!!

I am finding the shakes so much more filling than the meals! I don't know why this is. They are alot thicker. And I usually have them warm as I dont have a shaker yet. But I find them so satisfying. Maybe just shakes and a soup diet may have worked well for me after all! But s&s so far has been great

For the afternoon meal I had the cottage pie! - I didn't like it this time around, i'm guesing it's because I wasn't as hungry as the first time I had it, which was on Day1, It was blander than I remember

For Dinner I had my protein and veg allowance! mMMMM still love the fact I can have this meal and it makes me excited as it usually kills off any need to wanting 'real' food.

My day today has been a bit weird. I started off earlier in the day quite light headed and light bodied which iv'e not seemed to come out of but I am finding i'm not feeling so lathargic as I was feeling before I went on the plan. Througout the day I started to feel a bit more energised. Towards the end of the afternoon I found myself feeling like I wasn't on a diet at all I was walking through town and passing all the naughty bakeries and take aways and I didn't fancy any of it. And it felt like I had been on the plan for ages it's become second nature now.

My mind was more focused on other issues rather than food! I thought I may be in ketosis, so when I got back I checked....... But I wasn't!! :( I'm starting to think im not checking properly haha!

But im not all that fussed Im pretty sure the plans working ok for me, it's worked great for others so I should be fine.

Im finding my body is feeling alot tighter, Im guessing that's due to water loss. But Im also finding this evening my arms are aching especially my right arm. It actually feels like Iv done an intense workout the day before and now my arms are aching. This is concerning me a little as im not sure if this is a common symptom. I thought it may be de-hydration so have made sure im still drinking water.

Hopefully a goodnights rest will sort it out.

Spent alot of this evening reading many diaries, and Im feeling so inspired. I took some photos last night and I got to say I was shocked! Iv'e avoided the camera for so long I genuienly didn't recognise myself my back shot was the most upsetting. But it has inspired me to make a permanant change. I'm officially over with being over weight and constantly giving up on diets.

Just don't want to waste more time being miserable about my weight. It's time to make each day count and stay happy and healthy.

Overall pleased with today and please that my body has adjusted to the temperature again!!

Day 5, here I come :)

Last edited:
Back