My Travel Journey On Slim & Save ~SaDia's Diary~

I start slim&save yesterday! i am loving all the meals, doesn't feel like i am on a diet! Aiming for 8Lbs first week, i have done it b4 and i usually lose between 7 & 10lbs so fingers crossed. I am off on holiday in 5 weeks and need to lose weight quick!!

I start slim&save yesterday! i am loving all the meals, doesn't feel like i am on a diet! Aiming for 8Lbs first week, i have done it b4 and i usually lose between 7 & 10lbs so fingers crossed. I am off on holiday in 5 weeks and need to lose weight quick!!

It doesn't does it?...:D I never truly understood just how easier it gets until I got into my 4th day. I feel like iv'e adjusted to it so well and seeing the benefits of the diet already. Yeh fingers crossed on your weight loss in week 1. :)

Im In ketosis!! :D

Day 5 DONE!!

Wow i'm so suprised that I have made it to day 5 already!! it's gone so fast and it already feels like i've adjusted to the plan. I have had no cravings these last few days and today i have felt full throughout the day. Im In ketosis!.

I checked this morning and got a pink reading within seconds....

Last night it was really hard to sleep my arms started to ache more especially my right arm. It really felt like I had been lifting weights. It was quite a scary feeling, and it was stopping me from sleeping. I was feeling quite dizzy and tired towards the end of the night and I all of a sudden felt exhausted.

It felt like my body was shrinking i thought it may be down to de-hydration but iv made sure iv'e had at least 2l of fluids a day. But my body is already used to this amount so I need to drink more now. The shrinking sensation was weird it felt like I could feel the fat melting off. Sounds really horrible but I'm sure this is what was happening and would explain how I was deffinetly in ketosis today. To ease the pain i took an ibuprofen.

Either way I woke up feeling great!

For breakfast I had; Caramel shake - This is the first shake i didnt enjoy what so ever. It tasted ''ok'' but I did make it half asleep and left in some lumps oops!

lunch I had the chilli con carne - This is by far the the nicest meal iv'e had on this plan. Everytime I make this, I always think Oh il have a potato with this. Then quickly realise that im following a plan. haha

Dinner was my protein and salad allowance. 2 eggs and a combination of the salads alowed

By this time I was really full and the idea of having my 3 sns pack wasn't appealing to me. So this time I opted for a bar. Id only had 1 of these before. Iv'e avoided going for the bars because the size of them puts me off and I instantly feel like Im depriving myself of food. But as I was feeling quite full today I decided a bar would be a better option. I decided to have the lemon and white choc flavour. AND OMG!! It was scrumpcious!!

Today I have felt so much better than previous days on plan. I feel like iv'e come back down to earth a little. On previous days it has felt like I have been floating around a little which I assumed was linked to the light headedness

But iv'e felt iv'e been able to think clearly and do thinks a bit more productivly today. My energy levels have risen, but not in the way I had imagined, Iv just been able to do things without getting mentally and physically tired so quickly which is great!

My fitness dvd arrived today, jillian michels 30 day shred. I had read on this forum that alot of people on vlcds were using this to tone up. For now i don't think I will be starting any proper excersises as I feel my body has gone through quite a challenge this week. As the days progress I will re-evaluate the situation and if I feel that I am not putting myself through any strain I am going to start this regime and start toning up.

I still can't believe day 5 has passed and Iv'e not caved. The idea of a vlcd seemed so hard but i made the concious decision that being overweight was so much harder. Im putting in more effort staying this heavy and having to work harder on simple tasks then having to make a few meals out of a plastic packer and be done with it. Simples!!

Overall been the best day by far productivly, mentally and physically.

Hope day 6 will be just as good :D

Dear Diary!,

Im really struggling today, I really want to eat more than I should to feel satisfied. Feel so restless. Why is each day on this plan so different it's so annoying. Making my protein meal now! I do hope i settle after this, Feels like iv wasted another day just moping around the house wishin i cud have a pizza. even toast right now would be enough! Arrghhhh!

Hope to stay on plan diary! See you this evening. Wish me luck!!

Byeexxx

Day 6 DONE!!

Well day 6 was the first 'real' struggle of my first week!! I'd been feeling hungry all day, nothing I was eating was satisfiying my hunger. I was getting distracted alot easier than the rest of the week and didn't get any of the work I had planned to do done. I have a feeling alot of it is to do with totm, which has been the week I started which was unfourtunate. I just hope my loss isn't effected.

For breakfast I had the original oatmeal - I read many reviews about the oatmeal and many people didn't like this. I thought it smelled just like real porridge and looked like the real deal. Once it cooked and had time too cool it started to dry out. The taste was alot more savoury then expected. I may make it differently next time.

For lunch I had chilli con carne, Still one of my favourite meals.

for dinner I had my protein meal - This is during the time my hunger was really bad I had salmon fillets, cauliflower,brocolli,and spinach. I went a little over with my veg allowance but not too much.

I had the red fruit and almond bar as dessert- which was amazing!!

The hunger eventually settled down for a while but soon started up again a few hours later. I decided to have a bit of tuna left over in the fridge which I picked at over half an over. This killed off my hunger and I found myself feeling alot more satisfied and starting to feel sleepy.

Hopefully the extra protein and veg allowance wont make a real difference.

Day 6 is over now which Im so happy about! I had many opportunities to cave but I just quickly reminded myself what having to start again would feel like. I spent the first 3-4 days feeling light headed and my arms were achy. This helped me overcome my temptation.

Overall glad I got through it im determined to get to goal sooner rather than later.

Here's to no hunger and day 7 which is my last day before I have my first WI on saturday yaaay! :D

Well done you did week1 :) Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow hun. x

1 WEEK DONE!!!

Iv'e done it a whole week 100% :eek:

I wanted to get to here so badly and it didn't feel like a reality until now!! This whole week hasn't been like I thought it would. I didn't think i'd be going through so much physically aswell as mentally.

But the entire journey has been worth it.

Today has been so so much easier than yesturday. It was so easy again.

Breakfast- Sweet porridge

Lunch- slamon and salad

Dinner - Spicy tomato - this was a new meal for me and not as expected. Nice non the less.

Dessert - Milk choc tuffa - I love every bar I have had on this plan, It's a shame it's only 1 bar a day. Altho they arnt very filling.

The one thing i miss today is the shakes ran out of them a few days ago and didnt put in for some on my new order doh. You taste does deffinetly change frequently on this plan. Im not really a fussy eater but I have found myself wanting other things other than I planned.

Today I felt really happy and energized mainly because I knew it was my last day before I had done an entire week.

I was a bit miffed as to when to weight myself. But i decided to keep it as a Saturday wi. So 1st day of week 2 starts tommorow with a WI first thing. In which case I will then update my stats.

Overall: This week has gone really well, if there was anything I would change it is proberbly the coke zero adaption. I have fizzy drinks on occasions as Im concious about my teeth. Iv'e had quite a bit of coke zero this week. I dont want to carry on the habbit.

Iv'e come across slim and saves water flavouring which I may purchase on my next order. But i am in two minds as I don't want to start relying on flavourings in my water. Atm Im ok drinking pure water.

Also looking back I need to increase my water intake for week 2.

Thoughts:
Hope my first week WI is a nice suprise.

XX:D

Well done on your first week, you've done really well and sound like you're in the right headspace,

Good luck with your weigh in, let us know ASAP. I'm weighin in tomorrow too so I'll be posting and looking out for you x

Well done darlin! I'm finally starting on Tuesday so hope I can have your willpower for my first week. You must feel so proud! Good luck with weigh in. I'm sure you'll see a great loss!

Well done on your first week, you've done really well and sound like you're in the right headspace,

Good luck with your weigh in, let us know ASAP. I'm weighin in tomorrow too so I'll be posting and looking out for you x

Thanks Kellmo, im so chuffed, just hope the loss is just as good concidering. I will doo! I will have a look out for you too. Good luck chick xx

Well done darlin! I'm finally starting on Tuesday so hope I can have your willpower for my first week. You must feel so proud! Good luck with weigh in. I'm sure you'll see a great loss!

Thanks Sonia, I do, it's the first time iv'e stuck to a diet 100% and this one I would say was harder for me to stick with!. Ohhh I'm so glad youv'e decided to start on Tuesday. I'm sure you'l be fine. we can keep each other going as I'm sure my next week will have it's ups and downs too. Thankss I do hope I have a good loss.

Have you got the s&s samples or have you chosen your meals for your first week?

xx

SlimFaster said:
Thanks Sonia, I do, it's the first time iv'e stuck to a diet 100% and this one I would say was harder for me to stick with!. Ohhh I'm so glad youv'e decided to start on Tuesday. I'm sure you'l be fine. we can keep each other going as I'm sure my next week will have it's ups and downs too. Thankss I do hope I have a good loss.

Have you got the s&s samples or have you chosen your meals for your first week?

xx

:) We will certainly keep each other going. You're doing so well there's no way I'd let you stop! Lol x

I've kind of chosen things based on what I think I'd like but I'm not giving up on this even if I hate the food. I somehow don't think I'll hate the packs as most people seem to like them. I've tried Cambridge packs before when my friend was on it. They were ok. She then went on to slim and save and said they're really good in comparison.

Well done so far hun your doing great Xx

Shakes do seem to hold you a while, but saying this a pack with a huge pile of veg leaves me stuffed!!

Have a good weekend keep up the good work Xx

Thanks guys, your kind words really inspire me to carry on. I couldn't do this without you :)

Back